Replace Recruit gear with Battlemaster

Herbertt

Maybe its to soon to say this but I really think they need to.

Recruit gear is a great idea but..

I am seeing a increase number of fresh 50s that do not bother getting the recruit gear.

What makes it worse, some of these players have like level 40 gear (even pre 1.2 this happened), some even have 1 or 2 battlemaster pieces.

Also when things start going wrong these people are the first to leave.

To me it seems people think recruit gear is not worth it, they cannot afford it or maybe don't know about it.

Oh, mmaybe full recruit set should be mailed to them at the second when they hit lev 50? Seriously, how much easier aquiring this set could be? 300k credits? Come on, it is pocket change. If you prefer your tier 3 speeder training, good for you, now try to kill someone in WZ with a speeder...

When they will replace recruit with BM, those people who you speak about still wont get it because fact they pvp in lev 40 green instead of recruit set mean they 1. dont care about gearing up. 2. are to stupid to actualy go and buy it.

You cant do anything with it, just wait for ranked WZ:)

Is this another entitlement thread? "I'm 50 so I need to be able to go toe-to-toe with someone who's been pvping in the 50s bracket for months, because I'm special."

This topic is new and exciting.

No, it's another "I've been pvping as a 50 since before there was a 50s bracket, and I'm tired of having teammates that are effectively useless because of an arbitrary gear gap that trivializes competition" thread.

Also, it's amusing that you're saying this is entitlement when your position is that you're entitled to be superior to them...

Is this another entitlement thread? "I'm 50 so I need to be able to go toe-to-toe with someone who's been pvping in the 50s bracket for months, because I'm special."

No, i have been battlemaster since the random chance of BM token from boxes and i had nothing till they added BM tokens to the vendor.

If you think gear equals skill then fair enough.

There is NO WAY they can make BM gear cost credits at the moment. BM gear is the casuals version of Rated gear, they grind it through WZs. If you expect to hit 50 and be equal geared to someone who has been 50 for months, you are obviously new to MMOs. PvE gear progression is huge, even in this MMO - as is PvP gear progression.

I, personally dispise progression MMOs. However, this is what gaming has come to, mostly thanks to the success of games such as World of Trashcraft. If you cannot cope with it, I suggest CoD MW2.

I hate the way that they implemented the Recruit gear.

I put a lot of time and effort into getting a set of Custom (orange) gear between lvls 40 and 50 and getting some decent late-40s mods for it all. I was looking forward to 1.2 hitting and me getting BM gear with the load of commendations that I had saved up and dropping the mods into my Custom set.

Of course, 1k commendations don't get you anything anymore.

So, thanks to 1.2, now my toon is completely useless in PvP (a Jugg, and he can't kill *anyone* at all - only 155 expertise)

My only choice is to be FORCED to buy "blue" recruit gear, with no mods, and give up the Custom set that I worked on, so that I can at least a little bit useful in PvP, only to replace the stuff with BM gear that I will strip the mods from and put them into my original Orange set. WHAT A WASTE!

The other problem is credits: how am I supposed to get 380k credits for the Recruit gear (assuming that I wanted the stuff), when the credits for WZs are so low?

I could be being USELESS for months, just to grind credits for a set that I don't want, so that I can grind Comms for a set that I will pull the mods out of.

Poorly implemented, BW.

No, it's another "I've been pvping as a 50 since before there was a 50s bracket, and I'm tired of having teammates that are effectively useless because of an arbitrary gear gap that trivializes competition" thread.

Also, it's amusing that you're saying this is entitlement when your position is that you're entitled to be superior to them...

I think you need to look up what entitlement means. If you work hard to be superior, it's not an entitlement. It's reward for time and effort.

So you want better pvp starter gear because your teammates are poorly geared? For real? Giving easy starter gear isn't going to cure the tards who play on your team and are still wearing level 40 gear at level 50.

No, i have been battlemaster since the random chance of BM token from boxes and i had nothing till they added BM tokens to the vendor.

If you think gear equals skill then fair enough.

Of course gear doesn't equal skill. But if you're saying the Joe Schmoe who just hit level 50 should have the same gear as someone who's been putting time and effort into upgrading their gear for months (and who also started at a gear disadvantage), then I disagree

Many people who plan and play intelligently can be a benefit to their team at 50. If you get everything for free, why work for anything?

I hate the way that they implemented the Recruit gear.

I put a lot of time and effort into getting a set of Custom (orange) gear between lvls 40 and 50 and getting some decent late-40s mods for it all. I was looking forward to 1.2 hitting and me getting BM gear with the load of commendations that I had saved up and dropping the mods into my Custom set.

Of course, 1k commendations don't get you anything anymore.

So, thanks to 1.2, now my toon is completely useless in PvP (a Jugg, and he can't kill *anyone* at all - only 155 expertise)

My only choice is to be FORCED to buy "blue" recruit gear, with no mods, and give up the Custom set that I worked on, so that I can at least a little bit useful in PvP, only to replace the stuff with BM gear that I will strip the mods from and put them into my original Orange set. WHAT A WASTE!

The other problem is credits: how am I supposed to get 380k credits for the Recruit gear (assuming that I wanted the stuff), when the credits for WZs are so low?

I could be being USELESS for months, just to grind credits for a set that I don't want, so that I can grind Comms for a set that I will pull the mods out of.

Poorly implemented, BW.

if you dont have enough money to buy the recruit set your not gonna have enough to swap your bm mods anyway so just get over it.

useless for months? lol...

I think prety much everything you said doesnt make any sense

Oh, mmaybe full recruit set should be mailed to them at the second when they hit lev 50? Seriously, how much easier aquiring this set could be? 300k credits? Come on, it is pocket change. If you prefer your tier 3 speeder training, good for you, now try to kill someone in WZ with a speeder...

It'd be funny if you could throw it at someone in a match.

When I first hit 50 (after leveling Crew + Sub Skills to 400), I was often left with around 80/120k credits. Especially if you try to RE the gear and get blue/purple pieces to use. So if I wasn't able to borrow 600k credits from a friend I'd have been buggered :p. Especially with Speeder Piloting etc on top.

what a terrible idea based on a terrible thought process. if some people either cant afford recruit gear or cant be arsed to go buy it then theres nothign bioware can do to help them. these people need to go out. bite the bullet, and either research this stuff or go farm a couple of pve dailies for the cash. if you dont have close to 1 mil credits by the time you hit 50 your doing something wrong.

giving BM gear for dredits wont change this and it will remove the gear progression which will take a way a lot of the fun for many people.

terrible idea.

then lets break pvp down to i see you and do /played. This forces you to stop and do /played. If your time beats mine, i die. If it doesn't, you die. No need for all the special effects or keypresses, they just get in the way.

Pvp should be about the person behind the keyboard, not how long said person has been behind the keyboard.

qft .

Maybe its to soon to say this but I really think they need to.

Recruit gear is a great idea but..

I am seeing a increase number of fresh 50s that do not bother getting the recruit gear.

What makes it worse, some of these players have like level 40 gear (even pre 1.2 this happened), some even have 1 or 2 battlemaster pieces.

Also when things start going wrong these people are the first to leave.

To me it seems people think recruit gear is not worth it, they cannot afford it or maybe don't know about it.

I am all for it, with a free Rakata piece thrown in with every BM piece so the PVPers can all do nightmare ops right now too.

You can get recruit gear for 0 credits. Just takes time - and the time is better spent doing dailies to buy it.

I worked towards getting the champion gear before patch 1.1 and finally got a complete set, then i focused on gearing up in PVE and all the way i had fun while doing it. Now i have started to PVP again and love it even though my champion set has some disadvantages compared to the new gear i dont mind. In the last week i have gotten 2 BM pieces and to be honest it seems very easy to gear up if you have a team that play with their head. I have been in WZ with fresh faced lvl 50 who were in PVE gear and still come out on top because they were playing for the team as part of the team.

Rather than making it easier to get gear how about helping people learn what to do and how to pvp, because then when they get gear your team will have a much better chance.

What about the months of experience you got in PvP?

I mean... you can become more skilled if you do PvP. Am I right?

Should it be : Skill = Gear = Time spent

Or : Skill = Time spent

???