How Will Ahsoka Tano Die?

Malles

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahsoka Must Die. I always figured Ventress was going to off her. However, that is starting to appear less likely. What is the best way to kill an important character? Disease? Starvation? Insomnia? Maybe Darth Maul will kill her, he's doomed too.

In my opinion her leaving instead of dying is the only way to go that makes sense.

She's never mentioned in Episode 3 and doesn't seem to have a visible effect. Obviously this is because she didn't exist yet and Lucas and crew didn't know of her. However, it could be best explained that she probably left the Jedi Order. I mean the alternative is that she dies and nobody cares for some reason.

As much as I'd love to see her die (for story purposes, I don't dislike her character) it just wouldn't be able to fit as much. You might say it could be one of the things that sent Anakin to the Dark Side but really, I would think it would be worth mentioning in Ep III if it was. Instead I propose they could have almost "disowned" her after she did something they didn't approve of and she simply left the Order.

I say die or disappeared mysteriously from some sort of event. Only so she's out of the equation of order 66. In RotS Palpatine said that he will have to kill anakins friend kenobi, not kenobi and Ashoka so she must be gone before episode 3. not necessarily permanently but at least in a way that she's of no concern of anakin when 66 gets initiated.

In my opinion her leaving instead of dying is the only way to go that makes sense.

She's never mentioned in Episode 3 and doesn't seem to have a visible effect. Obviously this is because she didn't exist yet and Lucas and crew didn't know of her. However, it could be best explained that she probably left the Jedi Order. I mean the alternative is that she dies and nobody cares for some reason.

As much as I'd love to see her die (for story purposes, I don't dislike her character) it just wouldn't be able to fit as much. You might say it could be one of the things that sent Anakin to the Dark Side but really, I would think it would be worth mentioning in Ep III if it was. Instead I propose they could have almost "disowned" her after she did something they didn't approve of and she simply left the Order.

Leaving the Order is an interesting option... but I also love the idea that she's the 'keeper of light' from the beginning and end of Fate of the Jedi, which could lead to her joining Luke's New Jedi Order sometime after Fate of the Jedi. If the 'keeper' isn't just some strange way to categorize Jaina, as it initially seemed, Ahsoka's another way to go.

Order 66 is too easy, and too depressing. If she's still part of the Jedi Order, under another master, when Order 66 hits (and we have no real indication it'll happen in the course of TCW), she'll survive. Especially if she's with Rex at the time; Rex's growth over the last couple seasons strongly imply that--should HE survive until Order 66--he won't just blindly follow the order. His experience with Cut Lawquane showed him another side of duty beyond following regulations; his experience with General Krell showed that Jedi COULD betray the Republic, but that it'd be a very unusual circumstance and that he could disobey direct orders when it's apparent that something's wrong. If he gets the order to kill Ahsoka, he won't do it. Not immediately. And he'd likely stop his brothers from trying to carry out that order until he's satisfied it's necessary.

I'd rather she leave the Order and survive, or merely survive Order 66 to go into hiding for decades. Not fall to the dark side and get killed by Anakin or someone else, or die pointlessly in Order 66. Palpatine telling Vader that even his friend Obi-Wan was now an enemy doesn't mean Ahsoka's dead... it just means she's been out of Anakin's life for a time. Obi-Wan was working alongside Anakin just a couple days earlier.

I am a fan of the theories that...

1. Ahsoka sees Anakin slowly falling to the dark side, and confronts him over it, is killed/exiled

2. Ahsoka's death at the hands of the CIS or some other group (Nightsisters, Bounty Hunters, other Jedi even?) further his progress to the Dark Side.

3. Ahoska leaves the Order for one reason or another, becomes a hermit.

4. Ahoska goes missing and no one knows what happened. Like Jar-Jar...

I say she'll die in the aftermath of narrowly succeeding in her knight trials. This would arguably make Anakin a Jedi Master in a very technical sense--giving him reason to whine about his lack of inclusion on the Council in Ep III. He really wanted it as a consolation prize for doing his best.

Having her die as part of successfully completing her trials would also allow Anakin to be view himself as something of a failure. This, combined with the impending death of his wife, should explain how his self-esteem was low enough that committing himself to a life as a slave to a sadistic monster would be sufficient self-flagellation for his various shortcomings.

That does make his life as Darth Vader seem pretty pathetic, though.

She won't openly die, turn to the Dark Side, or leave the Jedi Order.

There is only one way to logically crowbar her out of the events of the prequels - she is re-assigned to another Master and her fate after the destruction of the Order is never discussed because it is irrelevant.

The End?

There is also the possibility that she dies prior to Ep3 in a random event that is not associated with the war i.e. disease, undiagnosed genetic disorder, life support error. Such and event would help plant the seeds of the randomness of death and help further his fear of the loss of Padame.

There is also the possibility that she dies prior to Ep3 in a random event that is not associated with the war i.e. disease, undiagnosed genetic disorder, life support error. Such and event would help plant the seeds of the randomness of death and help further his fear of the loss of Padame.

I like this. Odd that several generations later Anakin's ancestor actually does have the ability to heal people...and unheal them with the force.

And I suppose you enjoy it when he rewrites history? I'm a Star Wars fan from day one in 1977, and I can honestly say that George himself has tested my allegiance to his sci-fi fantasy series. It's outgrown him, but he can't and won't see or admit it. He has made preparations for his "baby" to be buried right along with him when he goes.

You do know its his and he can write it how he sees fit.

I see alot of reference to people talking about how GL redid history with some of the EU by having Jedi that were in hiding , but Yoda and Ben NEVER say that Luke , Yoda and Ben are the last of the Force Users in the galaxy , and when its mentioned he's the Last hope of the Jedi (never its that he's the last of the Jedi , altho when Yoda dies he says " When gone am i , the last of the Jedi you will be" , its meant as he's the Last of any Froce user alive that still lives to a Jedi code and actively using the force) , its refering to anyone that can bring the Jedi code back.

Its hard to imagine that Palp would think EVERY Jedi was killed with Order 66 , so it seems right that a few would/could servive. Yoda did tell Ben to send out a signal for the Jedi to go into hiding , so cuting oneself off from the force till such a time that they can come out fits too.

I'm thinking its more along the lines of this...

By Ep3 , the GCW is in full effect. We know Ben and the rest of the Order have lost alot of friends ,yet we don't see them talk about it in ANY movie , not a single mention. So it is possible that she died and is just not mentioned because of all the preasure thats on Ben and company.

Its also possible that she has been selected to be a Master because of who her Master was/is and because of the preasure thats on the Order because of the GCW. During Order 66 she would probably be with Rex and like others have said , probably survived (my hope). Went into hiding and lived a long happy life and died of old age (or like a few others in the EU , joined up with some of the clone deserters with Fetts crew and droped the force completely)

More for the rest of us then

Shouldn't go through life with such hang ups. not healthy

Frankly, getting that far while dealing with the lack of Chewbacca was an achievement all on its own.

Edited by Malles

I like this. Odd that several generations later Anakin's ancestor actually does have the ability to heal people...and unheal them with the force.

Only correcting because I've seen it pop up elsewhere on this forum... Ancestors are in the past; Anakin Skywalker is Cade Skywalker's ancestor, but Cade is Anakin's descendant.

I'm thinking its more along the lines of this...

By Ep3 , the GCW is in full effect. We know Ben and the rest of the Order have lost alot of friends ,yet we don't see them talk about it in ANY movie , not a single mention. So it is possible that she died and is just not mentioned because of all the preasure thats on Ben and company.

Its also possible that she has been selected to be a Master because of who her Master was/is and because of the preasure thats on the Order because of the GCW. During Order 66 she would probably be with Rex and like others have said , probably survived (my hope). Went into hiding and lived a long happy life and died of old age (or like a few others in the EU , joined up with some of the clone deserters with Fetts crew and droped the force completely)

GCW is the Galactic Civil War, ie the war between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire... that doesn't happen until well AFTER Ep3. :p Also Ahsoka would NEVER be made a Master. ANAKIN doesn't even get to be a Jedi Master (he's Ahsoka's master, but that's something different), no way Ahsoka would jump him in rank... and pressure for Knights or not, Ahsoka's much too young to be made a Knight, even with Anakin as her trainer.

As Blistrich said, the simplest way to write out Ahsoka is to assign her to another master. I think that's how they'll get her away from Anakin, but I don't think they'll just leave her fate THAT open to speculation. But who knows?

Only correcting because I've seen it pop up elsewhere on this forum... Ancestors are in the past; Anakin Skywalker is Cade Skywalker's ancestor, but Cade is Anakin's descendant.

GCW is the Galactic Civil War, ie the war between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire... that doesn't happen until well AFTER Ep3. :p Also Ahsoka would NEVER be made a Master. ANAKIN doesn't even get to be a Jedi Master (he's Ahsoka's master, but that's something different), no way Ahsoka would jump him in rank... and pressure for Knights or not, Ahsoka's much too young to be made a Knight, even with Anakin as her trainer.

As Blistrich said, the simplest way to write out Ahsoka is to assign her to another master. I think that's how they'll get her away from Anakin, but I don't think they'll just leave her fate THAT open to speculation. But who knows?

Yeah , you got me between battles with my kids over homework and such. It shoulda been Clone Wars and Knight , but Anakin did get Master Jedi status , just not part of the council as he wanted. Acording to the books anyways. It is still possible that they made her a Knight and put her in charge of clones on her own seeing as she was already advanced beyond her years and they needed her.

That is a tough one. Since she was never seen in Episode III, I am under the impression she will die sometime during the Clone Wars. Even if she lives throughout the whole Clone Wars series, she very likely dies either as the 501st marches on the Jedi Temple or when Order 66 is executed.

Yeah , you got me between battles with my kids over homework and such. It shoulda been Clone Wars and Knight , but Anakin did get Master Jedi status , just not part of the council as he wanted. Acording to the books anyways. It is still possible that they made her a Knight and put her in charge of clones on her own seeing as she was already advanced beyond her years and they needed her.

Reverse that: he was given membership on the Council--Palpatine's orders--but was NOT granted title of Master. He was upset because Council members were supposed to be Jedi Masters as a rule, so by getting placed there he felt he deserved an automatic promotion. (EU previously thought Ki-Adi-Mundi was merely a Jedi Knight in Episode I--for no reason I can think other than he wasn't wearing a long robe like the rest of the Council, or maybe Dark Horse or Lucasfilm wanted to have a Knight rather than a Master to star in the first ongoing "Star Wars" comic series arc, but that's all been retconned).

That is a tough one. Since she was never seen in Episode III, I am under the impression she will die sometime during the Clone Wars. Even if she lives throughout the whole Clone Wars series, she very likely dies either as the 501st marches on the Jedi Temple or when Order 66 is executed.

A lot of people were under that impression, but really all that is NECESSARY is that she's removed from Anakin as a Padawan. If she's transferred to another master for whatever reason, that's enough to say "Okay, now there's no reason for her to be seen or mentioned in ROTS". That's not to say her fate isn't important, it just has no reason to be shown in Ep3 (the biggest reason, of course, being that she wasn't invented yet). Even if she & Anakin were still friendly, he & Obi-Wan have no reason to mention them. Even if Rex, too, is still alive, there's no reason to mention him as he's probably on some other assignment similar to the General Krell situation: assigned to another general. Anakin had no need of troops during Ep3 until the assault on the temple, where we've been told Appo is the commander in charge. That doesn't mean Rex is dead, it just means he's elsewhere... and if Ahsoka was on assignment somewhere else with her own unit, it's quite possible Rex was with her.

Ahsoka is like Padme: people ASSUME they HAVE TO/HAD TO die. Even before Episode II, people were saying "Well Padme HAS to die in Episode III, she's not in the OT." They were idiots to assume that, because Leia's own words said Padme lived for a time, and died BETWEEN trilogies. But Lucas doesn't pay attention to what he's already done except to make unnecessary changes to it, so he proved the idiots right, unfortunately. Ahsoka, though, need not suffer the same fate. ALL THAT IS NECESSARY is removing her from Anakin's side. There are MANY ways it can be accomplished aside from killing her off.

She's too well loved by the kids, I bet she's another one of the Jedi that will "go into hiding" until the rebels come along.

That's my thought, with a caveat: Skywalker will believe she's dead, and then she goes into hiding, survives the GE, and then gets kidnapped/killed by the YV or some other faction.

Edited by GreySix