Remove the rakghoul plague now

Given how Bioware loves going around whacking people over the head with their TOS agreement about griefing other players and then turn around and make a game mechanic that does exactly that, it's a bit hypocritical of them...

You know why people try to infect you? You get rewards for it, which you can sell and people will buy. Basically you're saying you don't want free money.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

You are the reason I hate 99% of the mmo player base. Go buy a vaccine.

Its the most stupid idea i have ever seen in an MMO lets all stand still for 2 hours great gaming concept go go Bioware. The water in Austin Texas must have got polluted with plague to come up with this game mechanic.

p.s This is in regard to the Plaguebearer (sic) quest and not the whole event which is good.

Has anyone notice that it is the huge Doomcryers that are having a fit over this event?

It's because people are having fun and it detracts from OMGzorZ the game is a dying!!!!! Pretty cheap if you ask me.

Edited by faymar

You know why people try to infect you? You get rewards for it, which you can sell and people will buy. Basically you're saying you don't want free money.

No basically I'm saying Bioware is a hypocrite who breaks their own TOS agreement.....

Forcing people to participate in something they don't want to is by definition GRIEFING....

I was fine with this event until people started coming to the station for the soul purpose of infecting other players who didn't want to participate in the event...

No basically I'm saying Bioware is a hypocrite who breaks their own TOS agreement.....

Forcing people to participate in something they don't want to is by definition GRIEFING....

I was fine with this event until people started coming to the station for the soul purpose of infecting other players who didn't want to participate in the event...

yes, this. Leaving the planet should remove the plague from you. It is supposed to be quarantined.

No one is forcing you to play, or even participate. So you're infected, big deal. You'll die once after 30min, get some rewards for it, then go about your business.

If that website and guild was still there I'd love to.

but I'm sure you can dig up the reactions and posts from blizzard forums if they are still there as well.

IT was a pretty despised event by about half the forum goers at the time. The other half like it. Like I said, about 50/50 as a decent estimate.

It was a griefers joyride at that time.

No you could not avoid the zombie plague at all in WOW. At least SWTOR has that option and yet I bet the event still has about a 50/50 ratio imo.

I'm looking, and if there is something that 50% of the WoW customer base at the time hated, it sure is hidden pretty well. Especially when you say something on the internet it seems to stay out there forever.

And I'd take your bet.

Didn't seem like 50/50 in WoW, and that was only designed for lvl 50+'s, and had no vaccine, and it sure doesnt seem like 50% here either.

If it was 50% you would see TONS of threads hating it. Overflowing the forums. It's contained to one thread, and even in this thread it seems like a low percentage to who likes it.

This is not a fun event. This is F........ stupid. You roll out 1.2 which doesn't work, prices are super inflated and it causes file corruption that keeps players from getting on and then you do this piece of dodo. While there are some folks that may be level 50 and just screwing around anyway, some of us actually play the storylines and are scrambling trying to get to level 50 or Legacy level 6 for by the 22nd for the extra 30 days play time. Getting killed in the middle of fights due to the plague Costs time and credits. It is not fun it is BS. You have so many bugs right now you should be devoting your time to fixing things wrong with the game, not screwing it up more. Great way to lose customers. I suggest you go see if you can buy a clue to good game development.:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

Hey folks, this is a good one!! Damn Bioware that forces the players to participate in an scalating conflict between the republic and the sith empire!! :rolleyes:

Can you point me to it with a link?

I'd like to read up on their reaction to see if it wasn't tied to the fact that it was lvl locked at 50-60 (end gamers) and excluded a lot of the community to be able to participate other than being infected.

And I don't remember a vaccine purchasable for a gold piece or less where you could avoid the event entirely.

If memory serves I saw a Rakghoul Vaccine being sold for a 1k ~ 2k credits each by a tram station Stims Vendor on Corellia. Edited by GalacticKegger

You do realize by playing the game your being in essence forced to do certain things. If you want xp you MUST do an action to earn it. If you want credits you must do an action to earn them or have someone give them to you.

Saying the company itself is griefing you by having an event ingame that you can take a vaccine to prevent is just downright trolling. Fine if you dont like it, but dont make things up just because your angry.

I can't believe people have a problem with this. Last night was the most fun I had in the game. People chatting working together, world pvp even on a pve server. I ganked so many imps last night, 'twas great. Imps and reps fighting each other to fight the world bosses. It was mayhem and I enjoyed it.

If you don't want to deal with it? Don't go to Tatoonie. Or buy a vaccine.

Your 15 minutes are up. :)

This is not a fun event. This is F........ stupid. You roll out 1.2 which doesn't work, prices are super inflated and it causes file corruption that keeps players from getting on and then you do this piece of dodo. While there are some folks that may be level 50 and just screwing around anyway, some of us actually play the storylines and are scrambling trying to get to level 50 or Legacy level 6 for by the 22nd for the extra 30 days play time. Getting killed in the middle of fights due to the plague Costs time and credits. It is not fun it is BS. You have so many bugs right now you should be devoting your time to fixing things wrong with the game, not screwing it up more. Great way to lose customers. I suggest you go see if you can buy a clue to good game development.:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

there is NO COST TO DYING FROM THE PLAGUE. and seriously, if this loses them customers.....its ones I frankly dont want to share a game with in the first place, and I rarely say that.

I certainly did not like it. A fun event is a good thing. So all the 50s who want to go to Tatt and participate should appreciate it. I just think it is annoying when my level 10 crafters and bank alts get griefed in the fleet.

Much of TOR is just copying 2010 WoW cause that is what they saw when they started the design process. But the WoW zombie event had many and vocal detractors.

While my bank alts dieting was annoying, it would not make my list of the 100 most annoying things that happened to me this week. My very negative reaction to it is more for the direction of future events. I just don't see why level 10s should be griefed by others.

No one is forcing you to play, or even participate. So you're infected, big deal. You'll die once after 30min, get some rewards for it, then go about your business.

I love your definition of nobody is forcing me to participate when in the same sentence you say "so you die every 30 mins"

Talk about a statement full of contradiction...

;)

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

Do not remove the plague. I want MORE disruption from the disgusting tedium of these games. I wanna see Darth soandso invade the space station with 10 champions in tow, slaughtering everything in their path, npc vendors included.

It's precisely because it disrupts bozos meeting friends to grind, or crafting, or whatever, that makes it so.

As Bill Murray said in Ground Hog Day, "This is different. Anything different is good."

What about that Rakghoul DNA or whatever it is some people found in their backpacks? I'll bet it's to craft an antidote or vaccine. Go figure it out and have fun.

Edited by Gorgor

Make it when you enter the Station that a mass of 50+ elite or higher commandos no matter where you are kill you onsite.

Heck give them an ablity that one shots the infected to keep them off of the capital cities.

It is annoying for new players to have to spend 2k to cleanse this.

These infections on the fleet are beyond greifing. Besides the fleet I can see the infected go have their fun elsewhere. The event has it's uses but the fleet should be safe.

Edited by Tesserhorn

Not quite.

One apparently gets DNA samples from dying; not from being infected. Spending 2k on a stim seemingly prevents this.

And all the other perks are somewhat more difficult to perform at 10th and lower levels; not as much fun as many choose to believe.

You die without repercussions.

You literally have to click one button then carry on.

So hard a life it is.

Edited by Azzras

there is NO COST TO DYING FROM THE PLAGUE. and seriously, if this loses them customers.....its ones I frankly dont want to share a game with in the first place, and I rarely say that.

Also there's a daily quest, if you infect 10 people, you get 5 free vaccines that last for 6 hours.

So every 24 hours you can earn 30 hours of immunity from this without spending any credits.

I love your definition of nobody is forcing me to participate when in the same sentence you say "so you die every 30 mins"

Talk about a statement full of contradiction...

Not every 30 minutes, 30minutes after you get infected. If you're out questing, you won't get infected again unless someone explodes near you. Also there's a daily quest you can do every 24 hours - infect 10 people. If you complete it, you get 5 free vaccines that last 6 hours each.

That's 30 hours of immunity for this event you can earn every 24 hours.

Pls consider this: one is encouraged by others to meta-game, and discover one can die safely, gather loot via Death, and cash in said trove for goodies. Also, the RP announcements speak of isolation and containment; the Mission and OOC info is to infect others. People play terrorist, and attack others w/o permission. Etc.

As a 35+ year RP vet, it is my experience that such actions are rather frowned upon in the RP community; not promoted.

One may be encouraged to Meta game regardless. It is a matter of sound Rp practice and personal discipline to remain in character and to maintain your story no matter what the play tosses you. To know that the only thing you do know is what you are told or can see for yourself.

If someone faulters from that its is not the games fault. If one becomes infected they should seek help as soon as they can, warn their fellows to stay away to avoid the same results. Then proceed on in the new circumstance until it is resolved or played through.

Its a matter of adapting to the situation not trying to strangle creative ability to death. Real rp is making the changes you have to on the fly not planing out entire rps to the point everyone is reading from a script. The fact is either remain in character, go and either seek to destroy the infection or if your desire is a bit darker seek to us it on your enemy. Either way rp can be had and done well.

I've been doing this since I was about 16 I'm 50 now, so I'm not without my own experiences in rp.

While the event is a 2k credit sink if you want to avoid exploding at an inopportune moment (during a HM NMM mission) I agree the even twas fun. A little creepy but fun.

IMHO, you should be able to attack infected Imperial anywhere in the game. That would be very interesting.

What I'd like to know, how many groups invaded the near by Republic Outpost?