Remove the rakghoul plague now

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So hide in your ship until it is over?

Yea, thats why I pay bw $15 a month so I can not play the game and yet forced participation is just as bad.

The event was a failure in WOW and this one is close enough to warrant the same stigma.

or spend 2k on a potion for safety.

I'd bet it closer to the WOW event and about 50/50.

Edited by Quraswren

Edit: Also, despite what was said all night long, it's becoming more and more apparent across a variety of threads that there are a lot more people that really don't like this than folks tried to insist there were.

I don't think so, if you go through the threads, it's you (and you made an awful lot of posts about this already) and a few others that complain, but most of the posters like the event. They only don't post about it 100 times.

This is a troll post right? It has to be!

1. You get dna samples for getting infected
  2. You can sell any dna samples to make money
  3. You can turn in dna samples for loot
  4. Once you infect 10 people you get free vaccines

How is any of this a bad thing?

Yea, thats why I pay bw $15 a month so I can not play the game and yet forced participation is just as bad.

The event was a failure in WOW and this one is close enough to warrant the same stigma.

I'd bet it closer to the WOW event and about 50/50.

Source on the reaction of WoW's scourge invasion reaction?

If we're to bring it down to the mythos which has been an emalgamation of popular mythology which is black and white, good vs evil (Quite alot of the Republic mission back story falls well outside of this also). The popularity of Star Wars was down to it's simplicity core values and ties to popular mythology (Bioware has most of the Republic as sadistic profiteers out for only themselves). To answer your question, not In such a blatant sense, not particularly.

George has said on many occassions that EU is not really considered canon which some have used as a justifacation.

Um, this ENTIRE GAME is EU.

I don't think so, if you go through the threads, it's you (and you made an awful lot of posts about this already) and a few others that complain, but most of the posters like the event. They only don't post about it 100 times.

If you look through all the threads on the rakghoul suff that are active right now, virtually all of the new posters who have joined the threads since this morning don't like it. Most people still like it, but it's not just "a few" that don't. It's a healthy segment of the population.

If you look through all the threads on the rakghoul suff that are active right now, virtually all of the new posters who have joined the threads since this morning don't like it. Most people still like it, but it's not just "a few" that don't. It's a healthy segment of the population.

I'm looking through the threads and seeing an almost overwhelming liking of the event...which in itself is EXTREMELY odd on these forums.

Normally this is the center hub of the universe for all things negative of TOR. You would think if it was a "healthy segment of the population" that you would see a LOT more noise seeing how when people get a paper cut they run to the forums to blame TOR.

I never said I play in or played in one. In fact, exactly the opposite. I said I am not on an RP server.

What I said was that I had a certain amount of RP in me. Perhaps this was a n unclear statement, and I apologize. What I meant was that, though I do not play on an RP server, the way I look at my character has a small amount of RP. In other words, I didn't just choose conversation choices for the best stats, nor will I wear armor just for the stats, etc., but care about the look of it because I do have some idea of "who my character is" and want to keep it that way.

In any case, my logic is very simple:

I like the event, I hate the plague.

Edit: Also, despite what was said all night long, it's becoming more and more apparent across a variety of threads that there are a lot more people that really don't like this than folks tried to insist there were.

With all due respect but after all the people that have gone through real pains and have knocked their heads against the wall to reason with you, I still don't know if you are a subtle troll, if you are on drugs or if you are having a bad day. If it's not the former, my suggestion is to take a cold shower and an ibuprophen, rest a bit a/o make love with your partner. Your brains will appreciate.

EDIT: after seeing your edit and some other posts of yours, i'm definitely inclined to think you are a troll like a rancor. Good day to you sir.

Edited by Suturi

On an Rp server and I love it. It provides some creative fuel to rp. Unless of course some people feel they have to control every aspect of rp to the degree that it is less then creative and strangle the life out of it. The event is a go regardless and I hope to see more.:wea_01:

Pls consider this: one is encouraged by others to meta-game, and discover one can die safely, gather loot via Death, and cash in said trove for goodies. Also, the RP announcements speak of isolation and containment; the Mission and OOC info is to infect others. People play terrorist, and attack others w/o permission. Etc.

As a 35+ year RP vet, it is my experience that such actions are rather frowned upon in the RP community; not promoted.

The forum going population is always a VERY small portion of the overall player base.

The fact that more people come here to complain, means very little. People who are having fun, aren't going to come to the forums and talk about it.

I never noticed any complaints in chat last night, on the fleet or anywhere else. I spent most of my night out on Tattooine giving directions as I waited out my infection timer.

No one seemed mad or frustrated....except one guy who lost a bunch of DNA while trying to buy something.

Large Guild evaluated at the time of the event. Roughly 50/50 as a decent estimate but given how bad the griefing was I'd really say more people hated it than liked it.

Can you point me to it with a link?

I'd like to read up on their reaction to see if it wasn't tied to the fact that it was lvl locked at 50-60 (end gamers) and excluded a lot of the community to be able to participate other than being infected.

And I don't remember a vaccine purchasable for a gold piece or less where you could avoid the event entirely.

Edited by Scar

I think this event is great. I hope BW keeps pushing out things like this in future. Dynamic & unexpected events make games like this way more fun!

To me, some of these forum posts read like this:

BW: Here's some free gold

Forums: This sucks, I like platinum

BW: Here's some free platinum

Forums: Screw you, we want diamonds

BW: Here's some free diamonds

Forums: Who cares about gems, we're hungry! This game is epic fail

BW: Here's some free pizza

Forums: I'm lactose intolerant, remove it or i'm unsubscribing!

BW: Here's a free steak

Forums: Meat is murder you scumbags

BW: Here's some free vegan tofu cheesecake

Forums: Cut your hair you hippie bastards!

etc....

I am a pvper who ususally doesn't give a crap about fluff and I think it's fun. Way less cheesy than stupid holiday events and makes the world more immersive. :)

If they wanted to make it immersive they should pvp FFA flag infected people so those of us uninfected can protect ourselves and shoot them on site...

Now that would be cool....

There's always one.... Lol sack up and roll with the punches bro. Its a fun world event that has been added to the game to mix things up a bit. If you don't like it, go hide in a cave on hoth somewhere, where the plauge cannot get to you and wait it out.... That's the best advice I can give you... Lol

There's always one.... Lol sack up and roll with the punches bro. Its a fun world event that has been added to the game to mix things up a bit. If you don't like it, go hide in a cave on hoth somewhere, where the plauge cannot get to you and wait it out.... That's the best advice I can give you... Lol

From the fleet announcements, it sounds like they're going to be spreading the event to possibly all the planets, actually.

But, they are going to hoth too.. That's the point. They can and will get you anywhere you go. It should have been a quarantined event, as the news reports say it is.

I think this event is great. I hope BW keeps pushing out things like this in future. Dynamic & unexpected events make games like this way more fun!

To me, some of these forum posts read like this:

BW: Here's some free gold

Forums: This sucks, I like platinum

BW: Here's some free platinum

Forums: Screw you, we want diamonds

BW: Here's some free diamonds

Forums: Who cares about gems, we're hungry! This game is epic fail

BW: Here's some free pizza

Forums: I'm lactose intolerant, remove it or i'm unsubscribing!

BW: Here's a free steak

Forums: Meat is murder you scumbags

BW: Here's some free vegan tofu cheesecake

Forums: Cut your hair you hippie bastards!

etc....

Given how Bioware loves going around whacking people over the head with their TOS agreement about griefing other players and then turn around and make a game mechanic that does exactly that, it's a bit hypocritical of them...

Can you point me to it with a link?

I'd like to read up on their reaction to see if it wasn't tied to the fact that it was lvl locked at 50-60 (end gamers) and excluded a lot of the community to be able to participate other than being infected.

And I don't remember a vaccine purchasable for a gold piece or less where you could avoid the event entirely.

If that website and guild was still there I'd love to.

but I'm sure you can dig up the reactions and posts from blizzard forums if they are still there as well.

IT was a pretty despised event by about half the forum goers at the time. The other half like it. Like I said, about 50/50 as a decent estimate.

It was a griefers joyride at that time.

No you could not avoid the zombie plague at all in WOW. At least SWTOR has that option and yet I bet the event still has about a 50/50 ratio imo.

This is a troll post right? It has to be!

1. You get dna samples for getting infected
  2. You can sell any dna samples to make money
  3. You can turn in dna samples for loot
  4. Once you infect 10 people you get free vaccines

How is any of this a bad thing?

Not quite.

One apparently gets DNA samples from dying; not from being infected. Spending 2k on a stim seemingly prevents this.

And all the other perks are somewhat more difficult to perform at 10th and lower levels; not as much fun as many choose to believe.

Edited by Elhanan