The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove the rakghoul plague now

Awesome. But in all seriousness, nothing is "forced" on anyone. You don't even have to do it, and the only way to do it is purposely take a speeder far northwest, then DELIBERATELY drive your speeder to the area to even pick up the quest. But why not do it anyway? Decent legacy and decent credits, plus it's something different, and if you're lucky enough to be lvl 20 with a main or alt, you get decent XP that you can repeat daily.

Ugh.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The negative Nancy's will cry no matter what event is ever put in the game so listening to a few cry babies is fine by me. If anyone really wants to quit over a fun event like this that not only is short term but an exciting preview of the type of things to come. I mean seriously girls, there are some really awesome events that could happen in this game just by having the star wars universe to play around with. Good job Bioware, ignore the people who hate having to breath to live and keep up the good work.

Uh... we need MORE stuff like this in game! Fun little surprises like this one make MMOs fun to play.

Seriously, this event is awesome. It's even extra awesome because it gives people a reason to revisit old planets AND it promotes open world pvp.

Simply amazing implementation. kudos.

You sure complain a lot for someone that's an "Advanced Tactical Warrior."

That's the "Advanced" training. Normal Tactiacal Warriors don't complain, they haven't recieved the training yet. Once you get to Advanced you get to take a MOS in Crying and Complaining.

Awesome. But in all seriousness, nothing is "forced" on anyone. You don't even have to do it, and the only way to do it is purposely take a speeder far northwest, then DELIBERATELY drive your speeder to the area to even pick up the quest. But why not do it anyway? Decent legacy and decent credits, plus it's something different, and if you're lucky enough to be lvl 20 with a main or alt, you get decent XP that you can repeat daily.

Ugh.

But..if another player can infect you...some will do it on purpose. So it is "forced" on you. What some think of as fun..others may not. They can still have the event without the effects of the plague on other players who donot want to be involved with it.

I'm loving this event. The little rakghoul pets are awesome....better than my green bird. Also spent hours yestrrday in a 16 man ops group on tat taking out world bosses and pvping. It was FUN! You know, fun...the point of playing games. So you got infected. You'll be dead in 20 without penalty and you move on. Bioware please do more of this stuff. Don't listen to the op. He's clearly a fuddy duddy and needs to lighten up.

But..if another player can infect you...some will do it on purpose. So it is "forced" on you. What some think of as fun..others may not. They can still have the event without the effects of the plague on other players who donot want to be involved with it.

If only there was a cheap antidote that prevented you from being affected for 5 hours...

Never heard of a plague you could "Op Out" of.

So, you want them to change the nature of an event that the vast majority of the people seem to be loving because it bothers you that your character's eyes got all glowy? Not to mention that there are things you can do to keep from getting all glowy but you don't want to do them?

It's astonishing the thread has gone on this long.

If you don't want to be infected all you need to do is spend a mere 2k credits to be immune for 6 hours play-time.

Don't demand the event be removed because you're so cheap you can't part with 2000 credits.

I'm sorry, but despite people popular mantra, it's not a SRPG where you control every aspect of your interaction with the game. Again, despite people's faulty battle cry, it's an MMOG, and you have to at some time acknowledge the fact that there are people playing the game with, and around you.

They don't want to be affected by anything at all only under there own terms? Sorry, that's a bit far fetched when you consider that they can easy purchase the affordable (less than a third of the reward of a daily) antidote on EVERY stim vender (which ever zone has at least one), or do the quest for the antidote and not just get the antidote but get XP/Legacy, and credits....and who knows, maybe some fun along the way.

QQ more op it helps. Surely u don't want it do a very simple thing: Walk away. Ik ik just blew ur mind with an amazing fact but srsly. Walk away from them b4 they go pop. Buy 1 stim that's all Ull need for you day on swtor unless u play for more than 6 hrs str8. If you can't make 2k in 6 hrs there is something wrong with u.

rofl stims? ive not left the fleet for anything and have contracted it multiple times, just pvp all day and it goes away eventually, after so long it makes you feverish and when you die you explode infected all the players near you on the other team lol, great fun!!!

ive gotten the disease many times, have never paid a cent to cure it or on repairs... stop being bad.

all I can say is /facepalm

It's a game, people complain there is nothing to do, no end game content, I am bored, they give us a little diveristy at end game and omg I cannot believe all this qq, they might as well pull the plug on mmo genre now, since nothing any dev team can do will make people happy it seems..

I liked the event, i hope that have MORE of them and all kinds of them, I play this game to have fun and this was fun, for me at least and my friends..

If only there was a cheap antidote that prevented you from being affected for 5 hours...

So let me get this clear..if I want to avoid this infection, I can stay away from the Fleet and Tatoonie or buy a stim to remove it? And remember "cheap" is a relative term. Maybe 2 k credits is nothing to you because you play a lot, but some donot have that luxury. I mean a millionare thinks 10 dollars for a gallon of gas is cheap :p

I'm sorry, but despite people popular mantra, it's not a SRPG where you control every aspect of your interaction with the game. Again, despite people's faulty battle cry, it's an MMOG, and you have to at some time acknowledge the fact that there are people playing the game with, and around you.

They don't want to be affected by anything at all only under there own terms? Sorry, that's a bit far fetched when you consider that they can easy purchase the affordable (less than a third of the reward of a daily) antidote on EVERY stim vender (which ever zone has at least one), or do the quest for the antidote and not just get the antidote but get XP/Legacy, and credits....and who knows, maybe some fun along the way.

You ask to much of them my friend. It is far more enjoyable for these few to bellyache then adapt to this temporary change, which btw so many others to include myself appear to be enjoying.:wea_01:

So let me get this clear..if I want to avoid this infection, I can stay away from the Fleet and Tatoonie or buy a stim to remove it? And remember "cheap" is a relative term. Maybe 2 k credits is nothing to you because you play a lot, but some donot have that luxury. I mean a millionare thinks 10 dollars for a gallon of gas is cheap :p

You can also go to tatooine, do the daily quests for codex entries, xp, and a fair bit of cash....and FREE vaccines. You will end up with quite a few, enough to keep you form being infected for days most likely....and the game pays you!