Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

I think you guys should probably be filing bug reports instead of causing a tizzy on the forums.

Like it´s a bug that they removed the guildbanks.

They did this on purpose without telling anyone about it. come on.

You´re still right about filling bug reports though :]

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad that I didn't take today off to play. I was thinking about it this morning but went against it and came to work. Now, I can actually focus on working...I meant forum surfing! :p

Lol, I was going to take a day too, glad I didn't ;)

I'd probably take the day off from gaming until they fix this. If they have to try to merge the up-to-date 1.2 data with this extra day of pre-1.2 data, I'd imagine they'd be done with that sometime in September.

Probably safe to assume that anything done until the new 1.2 patch is going to be null and void.

Sucks. I'm not sure how this pans out, but I bought some cool stuff yesterday. It was just some rinky dink stuff on the auction but still.

Now... where was I... talking about what the true meaning of loyalty is? Oh yes...

I am so glad that I didn't take today off to play. I was thinking about it this morning but went against it and came to work. Now, I can actually focus on working...I meant forum surfing! :p

QFE....

This is amusing though.....

Of course they can go back and restore items and credits in the banks how do you think they get you stuffs back when you make a ticket in the first place?

I think they got alot of missplaced files with this patch if not id say fire the guys that uploaded the files haha patchnotes are 2 lines but check ingame you'll notice 75% of the stuffs added are gone and Warfronts doesnt work.

1.2.0a Patch Notes

4/13/2012

General

Addressed an issue that could prevent characters from being deleted.

Made improvements to the CS ticketing system.

Edited by Denyus

I think this is a genius move - rebalance the economy by sucking out all the money and items poured into guildbanks as well as all the goodies hoarded by the 50's that have been lost to the Black Hole. Which has the added bonus of extending resubbs as they work on getting new characters back to 50, and makes the pre 1.2 speeders and crystals even more rare limiting them to those that survived the purge. ;)

It's not a rollback, what I'm thinking probably happened is that the back-end changes to the CS ticketing system were intended to enable the CS people to check guild banks and the new zones better, and somehow they are inadvertently now set to CS visible only. Evidence for this is that if you go to a vendor the guild bank repair function is still present.

Lol. This reminds me of the patch day issues we used to deal with on the MMO-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named. I used to avoid logging in much when the patches went in, so I didn't have to deal with the inevitable bugs and overcrowding of the virtual "public places" in game, or mad rush to do new content. :p

I think they got alot of missplaced files with this patch if not id say fire the guys that uploaded the files haha patchnotes are 2 lines but check ingame you'll notice 75% of the stuffs added are gone and Warfronts doesnt work.

Yeah someone was working off an old build of the game! Gotta check that code out of the vault and keep the versions the same :)

Any programmers out there have probably done this at some point, probably not on this scale though.

I just felt a tremendous disturbance in the force, as if 100 server admins screamed out in terror then were suddenly silenced

Haha....there's more than a 100 servers though....that's one of the other problems. Funny how that seems like a little problem now.

Lol. This reminds me of the patch day issues we used to deal with on the MMO-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named. I used to avoid logging in much when the patches went in, so I didn't have to deal with the inevitable bugs and overcrowding of the virtual "public places" in game, or mad rush to do new content. :p

Psh.

After Vanilla the patches at most had extended downtime. They'd say 3, and they wouldn't be back up till 9-10. Never do I recall them having something like this happen.