Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

Because this is not a loyalty competition, and it never was!

They're not trying to reward loyal and supportive players by giving a free month to players with a level 50 character. They're trying to reward those players with a level 50 character, and appreciating their support and loyalty while they're at it. Is that a problem for you? You haven't lost a thing. You can continue being that loyal customer, if you want.

But insisting that your continued loyalty needs to be rewarded somehow, that... it's got nothing to do with this promotion at all. Maybe you can feel that way! You can feel any way you like. But you're not going to be taken seriously. Try walking into a business, any business, and tell them that because you've been a customer for six months, you 'deserve' something free. I guarantee you - they'll laugh. And with good reason!

And i think the decision to reward only the 50 lvl are bad "is that a problem for you? "

And the business is all about keeping you customers happy and satisfied, which i am not . Plus many players feel the same, i said eariler that i undestand your point of view, but try to undestand mine.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason for this the 30 days freetime and pet is to try pull back the 50's who quit from bordom and trust me there is alot more whom has quit and are about to quit than people want to believe, the fact is that most of us dont want to waste more money subing on a boring game and only way they could even tempt us to try 1.2 is if they offered free time to play now the longer they keep us around mroe they can try fix things. So this is the true reason for the 30 days freetime and people need not get jealous of those with level 50s becuase it not because they have lvl50s it because they quit because end game sucks. nothing to do with loyality that is just a PR stunt to make it seem like they care but honestly they dont or would gave you all it. Infact I see this PR stunt backfiring.

Guess I am not "LOYAL" enough to warrant the free time.

8 Republic characters - one of each Advance Class

all lvl 33-45

5 Imperial Characters all between 25-42, oh wait I rolled my first Sorc this morning and got to lvl 13 sitting in Drummand Kaas now.

2 Characters on PTS one lvl 44 one lvl 30 something.

Submitted numerous bug reports on PTS and Live servers.

I love this game but just feel insulted by this.

Already deleted my 50s today. Free time would not have changed my mind. The only thing that bugs me about this is I'm still forced to give BW money to play DAoC. It's sad when the interns you have fixing that game are doing a superior job to the devs working on this game.

Errm... what? AoC has nothing to do with BW, or does it?

And the business is all about keeping you customers happy and satisfied, which i am not . Plus many players feel the same, i said eariler that i undestand your point of view, but try to undestand mine.

I do see your point of view. But I have no sympathy, for the reasons above. Sorry.

This ^^^

It doesn't annoy me so much, it's more of an amusement that BW could turn this into a PR disaster. Whoever came up with this idea seriously needs a new job because obviously community relations is not for them.

watch out bro, i got warning for saying that the man that wrote that news should be fired, critisizm is not welcomed here.

I feel kind of alienated by the free month, considering that I have slowly been meandering my way to a level 50 since launch (My highest is 45). Seems kind of odd to me to say "loyalty" could have been earned by rushing to 50 (which I am told can be done in less than two weeks if you spacebar through everything). You know, it's not even the fact that it's only 50's, it's the fact that they decided and stated that 50's were "our most valuable/loyal players." I'd have preferred they'd have given it to players who were subbed non-stop since launch, even though I personally would not have qualified because I was un-subbed for a week in February. I have played slow because I enjoyed the gameplay.

I feel particularly bad for the peeps who started on new servers, either to play with friends or because they felt their server was underpopulated, they REALLY got the hose.

My sub is up on the 22nd because I was going to switch payment cards...I think I'll keep it that way for the time being. I have enough time left to clean up my account for hibernation. Really kind of disappointed. I'm sure I'll be back eventually if the game is still here, just not for awhile.

I cancelled my sub this past Monday (have until the 19th to play) and I found out about the free 30days like half an hour ago. If I re-sub, will I get the extra 30days? Or am I basically screwed? I'm screwed of the 30 days huh? :confused: Edited by somnang

The reason for this the 30 days freetime and pet is to try pull back the 50's who quit from bordom and trust me there is alot more whom has quit and are about to quit than people want to believe, the fact is that most of us dont want to waste more money subing on a boring game and only way they could even tempt us to try 1.2 is if they offered free time to play now the longer they keep us around mroe they can try fix things. So this is the true reason for the 30 days freetime and people need not get jealous of those with level 50s becuase it not because they have lvl50s it because they quit because end game sucks. nothing to do with loyality that is just a PR stunt to make it seem like they care but honestly they dont or would gave you all it. Infact I see this PR stunt backfiring.

I think you and I are the only ones who get this. :)

I cancelled my sub this past Monday (have until the 19th to play) and I found out about the free 30days like half an hour ago. If I re-sub, will I get the extra 30days? Or am I basically screwed? I'm screwed of the 30 days huh? :confused:

As long as you have time remaining on your account as of noon-time today, you should be golden for a free 30 days.

Maybe this has already been said, but if so, not very often.

Until this game goes free-to-play with an item store or such, the money to run the game comes from game client sales and subscriptions.

What is really happening here is that one segment of the player base is paying for not only themselves to play, but the "free" month players as well.

I hadn't considered that. Now I'm really pissed. The money they are giving to the 50's should be going towards fixing the problems in this game.

I cancelled my sub this past Monday (have until the 19th to play) and I found out about the free 30days like half an hour ago. If I re-sub, will I get the extra 30days? Or am I basically screwed? I'm screwed of the 30 days huh? :confused:

to my understanding,if you have active gametime you are in for the free month.. not sure though.. I am on active game card.. was running out in 20 days now I'll have 50 days :)

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

You know... Sometimes when I read all of the hate towards Bioware I find myself thinking about all the staff that might not have anything at all to do with decisions like these.

All the programmers, coders - all of them.

If they got to choose I think they would have given a free month to us all, or maybe just skip it altogether.

But the hate is directed towards Bioware as a company, which I would assume holds many people that wouldn't agree with this decision. And I'm sure many of them feel terrible for knowing how the community responds to their work...

Which is all the more reason BioWare/EA needs to hire someone competent in place of the putz(s) that green-light a decision like this.

Just imagine all the people who have probably rage-quite from this already and perhaps the jobs that a blunder like this could cost BioWare.

The irony of this all is that in the end good people at BioWare will lose their jobs while the moron at BioWare or EA that thought this a good idea will most likely end up keeping his.

Corporate business at its best! Makes you wonder how some of these people get hired to begin with. I sure would love to know as like another poster said, the guy flipping burgers down the street could have told them this was a B-A-D idea.

But it won't pull them back. From what I understand, you had to have an active sub at the time with an recurring payment method. If you'd already cancelled but had time left on account, like me, you won't get the 30 days.

That's how I'm seeing it.

Whatever it is, it's a piss poor PR move. I have a 50 but others should be rewarded for their loyalty as well.

Guess I am not "LOYAL" enough to warrant the free time.

8 Republic characters - one of each Advance Class

all lvl 33-45

5 Imperial Characters all between 25-42, oh wait I rolled my first Sorc this morning and got to lvl 13 sitting in Drummand Kaas now.

2 Characters on PTS one lvl 44 one lvl 30 something.

Submitted numerous bug reports on PTS and Live servers.

I love this game but just feel insulted by this.

No no no, let's not get this wrong. You're not "VALUED" enough. There, that's better.

I hadn't considered that. Now I'm really pissed. The money they are giving to the 50's should be going towards fixing the problems in this game.

How would this work? You make it sound as if all they need to do is put the money in a bowl, pour it over the game, and it'll fix things like a magic potion.

Those complaining about the free month being for 50's only, should think about what is missing from 1.2 that should have been in? then, who (or what level range) is affected by it not being in?

The free month is a sorry to level 50's for the lack of rated WZ's imho

This is pretty much my feeling. People who have already reached endgame are more likely to get bored and quit, so I suspect Bioware is trying to keep the ones who are on the fence around long enough to get more endgame content in place, particularly PvP content since raids only cut it until people have the new gear.

Which is all the more reason BioWare/EA needs to hire someone competent in place of the putz(s) that green-light a decision like this.

Just imagine all the people who have probably rage-quite from this already and perhaps the jobs that a blunder like this could cost BioWare.

The irony of this all is that in the end good people at BioWare will lose their jobs while the moron at BioWare or EA that thought this a good idea will most likely end up keeping his.

Corporate business at its best! Makes you wonder how some of these people get hired to begin with. I sure would love to know as like another poster said, the guy flipping burgers down the street could have told them this was a B-A-D idea.

I bet this was a hot topic between the four walls of Bioware, and not everyone agreed with this decision.

But in the end, someone gave the ok. I hope that person is reading now.

people(most) are not upset because someone got something that they didn't get, most people are offended by the fact that lvl 50 players are what EA considers the most valued customer.

It's offensive.

It doesn't say that, you are completely misrepresenting the quote here.

How would this work? You make it sound as if all they need to do is put the money in a bowl, pour it over the game, and it'll fix things like a magic potion.

Let me explain, 30 days od playtime is 15$, lets say that 100,000 players that would pay the money dont have to, while this cash could be used to hire more ppl for fix bugs and stuff.

Edited by Pawlas

I think all you guys saying that there was enough time to hit level 50 are missing a valuable point. There was no warning about this, there was no competition to get to level 50 and earn a reward. I made a choice of playstyle just as simply as you made a choice about your chars race. I didnt ever think I would receive less as a result of my choice. If I were told 30 days ago that I would get 30 days of free game time if I hit 50 today, then it would have been my choice not to earn it. Thats not what happened. What happened was I was selected as a less valuable customer due to my playstyle, not the amount of money I invested in the company or because of a choice I made with clear consequences.

It is the exact same thing as Bioware giving everyone who played a chiss a free 30 days or everyone who played on one specific server a free 30 days. It simply is not fair.

I think all you guys saying that there was enough time to hit level 50 are missing a valuable point. There was no warning about this, there was no competition to get to level 50 and earn a reward. I made a choice of playstyle just as simply as you made a choice about your chars race. I didnt ever think I would receive less as a result of my choice. If I were told 30 days ago that I would get 30 days of free game time if I hit 50 today, then it would have been my choice not to earn it. Thats not what happened. What happened was I was selected as a less valuable customer due to my playstyle, not the amount of money I invested in the company or because of a choice I made with clear consequences.

It is the exact same thing as Bioware giving everyone who played a chiss a free 30 days or everyone who played on one specific server a free 30 days. It simply is not fair.

Excactly