Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

Oh really?

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players
, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

Care to explain how that is misrepresenting the quote?

Length of subscription time paid, number of hours played, amount of testing done, amount of time spent assisting other players, number of bugs reported, NONE of that qualify you.

The sole qualification is level.

Which basically means that if you aren't level-capped, then you aren't a valued customer. "Thank You For Playing!" Should have been based on number of days/months subscribed if anything.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this sort of makes up for the loss of ranked wzs, I mean, who can deny 30 FREE DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!! FREE, my favorite kind too! one question though, what if our sub ends in like a week, do we still get the 30 days after my account ends? so, then I would be able to continue playing w/the 30 free days after the sub ends, or do I have to sub first, then I get my 30 days? PLEASE ANSWER :)

the issue is clear, they said they wanted to reward one of the most loyal customer bases and did so. They did nothing(a digital pet?!?!) for the loyal customers who have paid since the beginning. They have been clear about their opinions about us, whether or not it was intentional.

Question: Is it by the 24th or on the 24th? I need to pay again on the 18th. Im wondering if I need to go ahead and buy a card or will I get the 30 days before my sub ends?
Neither. You have to have an active account with a level 50 character tonight to receive the free month.

Free month for level 50's only is lame as hell.

There are many people like myself who have been here since early access, enjoying the game fully, playing alts...i play with 8 characters, taking my time because i knew from the start that i will want to see all the stories and play all classes, and some of my7 characters are close to 50 but not there yet.

And what do we get?Nothing.

On the other hand someone who is subscribed for half a month and rushed to 50 got an extra free month, superb.

I have praised this game and Bioware from the start, and have defended it form various trolls on numerous occasions on the forum as can be seen from my posts.Just saying that so people don't mistake me for a forum whiner.

Fact of the matter is, this has pissed me off.

I feel the exact same way. I cant seem to see or understand how BioWare thought something like this was a "good" idea.

I too have been playing since release date of the game, currently playing with 5 chars that are all under 45 :( Yet again they feed use sour lemons

But you fail to realise this is about getting back the people who are leaving not making people happy with game happier lol. They are more concerned about the players who quickly experienced all it had to offer and found it lacking than the ones doing it slowly not realising the problem till later, so the arnt really rewarding more trying to get people to try 1.2 in hopes it makes them want to stay; but could be seen as a reward.

And that's exactly the problem, it's not about loyalty, or value, or ensuring happy subscribers or the rest of it. It's just about clawing some back temporarily.

I can barely keep up with reading these posts. By the time I get down to one page and refresh -- there's a new page of comments waiting!

Whether people agree about the promotion or not -- this has damaged Bioware's image for separating the same group of players by using the word "loyalty."

Edited by Savarous

And that's exactly the problem, it's not about loyalty, or value, or ensuring happy subscribers or the rest of it. It's just about clawing some back temporarily.

This.

Its not about making players happy, its just a terrible business step that was executed poorly.

First let me say "Thank you" for the pet. I appreciate it.

Now I have to put my voice into the corner of the people who say BS to the fact that we dont get free time because we dont have a level 50.

This game has always been touted that its about story. And it is.

I love the class storylines in this game. I even like the "kill" quest voiced-over stories.

But because I didnt rush to end game I'm being punished. (Now Im using rush in the context of how I play). I can only take so much evil storyline from my Sorc, only so much arrogance from my Sith before I have to re-balance the evilness with the goodness of my Jedi characters.

And because of that, because I didnt chose to play this like it was World of Warcraft and instead decided to play it like it was a story driven game made by Bioware, Im being punished.

And yes I am being punished. I kept my subscription up to date, I didnt walk out on this company. Why shouldnt I receive the same reward?

I mean would it be fair for someone to say "Hey, I took my time making this great four course dinner, please enjoy it." Then only reward the people who scarfed the food down with desert because they ate the fastest. And not giving the people who took the time to enjoy every bite no treat at the end.

That is B***s*** no matter how you serve it.

Am I going to walk away from the game because of it. No.

But I tell you this much. I will not return the loyalty EA/Bioware just sh*t on.

Edited by stubtoe

CELEBRATE?????????????? WHAT'S TO CELEBRATE? THEY RUINED THE GAME.... WE CANT EVEN MAKE IT TO THE FIRST BOSS ON KAON ANYMORE AND i HAVE ALL COLUMI GEAR.... MY HEALER IS NOW WORTHLESS!!! MY CAST TIMES ARE ALL RIDICULOUS AND i HAVE NO FREE FORCE ANYMORE.... PLUS MY HEALS ARE SO WEAK i CANT KEEP ANYONE ALIVE ANYMORE... GREAT WORK!!!! I WANT A REFUND FOR THIS GAME ISPENT MONTHS WORKING SO HARD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. I like how you think you somehow are intitled to a refund. Your funny.

Also, if anyone has only played 1 class to 50, I think they need a wake-up call. If you have only played 1 class, then you only have played 1 8th of the game. Each class has there own story. Bioware did not make a MMO, it made an MMOSRPG, where the S stands for STORY. Your all idiots if you think you have any right to complain about the game if you have only played 18th of it.

Sigh.... The internet is really dumb some times....

imho, since they've gone and made this announcement already and pissed off so many people, I think they only way BW stands a chance at keeping the upset subscribers that haven't already quit would be to make an announcement acknowledging that some players have been unintentionally upset by this, and to extend the deadline of meeting their conditions for the free gametime til, say, the end of this weekend. That would give anyone who has *just* missed the cut, or really wants the reward, a couple days to work at it. And those that aren't fussed either way, won't.

That might get some back but maybe 1 in 5 that quit!

Fact is (and this any bussiness) you can never get back all your unhappy customers.

That is why head honchos lose their jobs over screw up like this one (not saying anyone should get fired, just a reference point).

To bring back even 50% of the people that left over this unintentional (or intentional, I really cant tell anymore with EA ran Bioware after the ME2 disaster) slight they would probably have to go 2 months free rather then the initial 1 month that caused the problems.

For me, I dont care about the money. $15.00, $30.00, that will not break me. But im sick and tired of the shear aroggence and ego being displayed. They screwed up the pre launch and ignored (and even insulted on twitter) those upset. This junk has to stop! Once and for all.

I got 95 days left and cant seem to convince myself to log in today so see tomorrow, there is a pretty good chance im done now regardless.

But to reactivate my account I need to see some (what I veiw as REAL) appoligies made for the insult and some hard targets for content that should have been in game at launch (specifically Swoop Raceing and Paazaak).

For this long time customer, this screw removed all flexibility and leeway EA had on this product.

Now its time to put in the work to deliver on the product.

They have used up their free get outta jail cards!

So my account stays cancelled till time runs out (and I leave for good) or they start fixing game BEFORE next expansion.

For me, the money doesnt matter, the yet again arrogence of whole issue is what bothers me and my patience is over and finished now.

And I suspect it will be the same for many.

They had promised content cut 12 hours before 1.2 dropped and you did not.

excuse me, but didnt ranked wz get cut for everyone? even people that hit 50 tomorrow or next week?

I think you need to re-evaluate your position.

ONE OF. It doesn't say that they are the only valued customers.

Perhaps English isn't your first language. That's the only really legitimate reason I can come up with to deny such a blatantly obvious meaning.

Though I suppose perhaps you just simply enjoy being contrary.

As you said, it doesn't say that they are the only valued customers. But it does say that they are the most valued. The meaning is still very clear, even with the later edit.

Do you have a level 50 character? If you do, of course you won't put up the whining, because you already sit on the high throne. If you don't, however, you either don't care enough for the game, feel like harassing, or are generally intolerant towards some forms of criticism.

Suddenly anyone who has a level 50 is now the bad guy? So what? Bioware gives me a free month of game time, I was going to pay for it anyway, and I'll pay for it after the free time is up too.

I am pretty disappointed that only Level 50 get 30days free gametime. I pre-ordered early the CE. I have been subscribed continously since launch (also playing during early access) . I do like to jump back and forth and my highest level is my first character which is 43rd level. Sure ..I've had plenty of time to reach 50 but I like taking my time. I've still supported the game just as much as a person with a level 50 or 8 level 50's for that matter.

That aside....love the Legacy update so far. Finally got the UI where I want it..lol. Great game despite the slight sour taste in my mouth about the free game time qualifications.

Perhaps English isn't your first language. That's the only really legitimate reason I can come up with to deny such a blatantly obvious meaning.

Though I suppose perhaps you just simply enjoy being contrary.

As you said, it doesn't say that they are the only valued customers. But it does say that they are the most valued. The meaning is still very clear, even with the later edit.

No it doesn't, read it again.

Apparently English is not your first language.