Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no. its not. that loc is outside the zone wall in the lower righthand corner of the map (which you can get around the zone wall, to see the unfinished parts) and you CAN get to 26 whatever, but not 18whatver. you fall off the end of the earth.

Maybe my I held my mouse in the wrong spot. Im not on hoth anymore and I was really stoked when I found it.

First of all Congratulations (:

I wanted to be first, but I knew I wouldnt be since I have been having trouble getting groups together to kill bosses,

and it doesnt help that I've still had no jerky drops after killing each 4 times.

Now back to finding it. Since I dont have the jerky, perhaps I can help locate it until we get a full answer/guide.

Pay attention to her post. This is a smart girl who was careful enough to post proof without giving away details. Not only that, but she got a lot of the members in her guild the taunlet.

Pay attention to what she capitalized, to what she said. Analyze the post because I bet she is smart enough to Post

good details without revealing it right off the bat.

The more I think about it, the more i'm a little upset you need such measures to even get the schematic, let alone get one from someone who has one. On my server which is really populated, no one really just goes around taking down world bosses. It's going to be a REAL long time before i'd ever see this tauntaun.

EDIT: Yea, still won't be seeing that jerky...

Edited by SillyTurtle

First of all Congratulations (:

I wanted to be first, but I knew I wouldnt be since I have been having trouble getting groups together to kill bosses,

and it doesnt help that I've still had no jerky drops after killing each 4 times.

Now back to finding it. Since I dont have the jerky, perhaps I can help locate it until we get a full answer/guide.

Pay attention to her post. This is a smart girl who was careful enough to post proof without giving away details. Not only that, but she got a lot of the members in her guild the taunlet.

Pay attention to what she capitalized, to what she said. Analyze the post because I bet she is smart enough to Post

good details without revealing it right off the bat.

Thank you for realizing my intentions and not presuming I am trying to deceive others,

You can not SEE the tauntaun without the jerky buff so I would suggest focusing on getting the food over the location.

AKA: Boisha

Edited by Lamberdine

I believe she meant since it is not IN a cave it must be OUT of the cave at the entrance. Not only that, but you probably

need to be DEAD for it to be lured out? (maybe it wants to eat you since you have the smell and are dead, thus it wont be scared of you)

Then get revived and quickly tranq it with the nsvccs. Only part is where can you die on hoth as a level 50?

Clabburn Tundra! Find a cave near there and try it? I wish I had the schem, have 14 ferns and 4 livers D:

Thank you for realizing my intentions and not presuming I am trying to deceive others,

You can not SEE the tauntaun without the jerky buff so I would suggest focusing on getting the food over the location.

As said above i have one, and not ready to get another one so...a little more :o??? Is that exhaustive zone above correct please, and thanks...

It's very nice of you to continue giving people hints :) Hopefully full information can be out soon. Have yet to find anyone who can (or would be willing) to make it on Corellian Run so can't do any testing with the buff myself :/

I believe she meant since it is not IN a cave it must be OUT of the cave at the entrance. Not only that, but you probably

need to be DEAD for it to be lured out? (maybe it wants to eat you since you have the smell and are dead, thus it wont be scared of you)

Then get revived and quickly tranq it with the nsvccs. Only part is where can you die on hoth as a level 50?

Clabburn Tundra! Find a cave near there and try it? I wish I had the schem, have 14 ferns and 4 livers D:

Dead=No

First off, congrats for finding the easter egg everyone is looking for, take a bow you deserve it! :D

OK, well this is very helpful, if you don't have the jerky buff, you are looking for a ghost that can't be seen. So it's pointless to continue looking until we have enough jerky to last us a couple of hours of searching. Much appreciated, at least now I can stop looking for something that can't be found.

Would you be willing to at least give us the area map name to narrow down our search? I'm willing to use the jerky I have, but that won't last me 12 hours to search all of Hoth...lol

Another great Hint (:

I kind of feel dumb because i have been trying to at least find the frightened taunlet, hoping to see it run away thus getting me an exact location if I ever do get the jerky.

So you cannot SEE the taunlet unless you have the jerky? Hmmm now this one is interesting. If you can't see if then how did she find the location? If you can't see the location how did she know to try the jerky at that general area?

I'm thinking that there is a giveaway, but it's useless without the jerky.

Or maybe im just wrong? haha

EDIT: So you don't have to be dead. Nice. Well notice how she didn't say no to outside of cave or the tundra? Perhaps she is smart and doesn't want to rule out the tundra or maybe I'm thinking too much into this? haha

I think its colonel mustard outside the cave in the tundra, with the jerky buff and nsvccs! haha

Edited by JPYAGAMI

I went and did a big overhaul of the first post to make it less confusing since now it's been figured out by one person (and their guild) and due to getting hints... Yeah, figured it'd help. @-@

Back to trying to find someone with the schematic (or trying to get a group for Gargath and Snowblind)

Edited by Jenemi

Another great Hint (:

I kind of feel dumb because i have been trying to at least find the frightened taunlet, hoping to see it run away thus getting me an exact location if I ever do get the jerky.

So you cannot SEE the taunlet unless you have the jerky? Hmmm now this one is interesting. If you can't see if then how did she find the location? If you can't see the location how did she know to try the jerky at that spot general area?

I'm thinking that there is a giveaway, but it's useless without the jerky.

Or maybe im just wrong? haha

She probably just walked around with the buff on. That's what I'd be doing if I were able to get some or the schematics. I can make 3 hours worth, which should be plenty to scour the entire planet.

Edited by Skolops

It's very nice of you to continue giving people hints :) Hopefully full information can be out soon. Have yet to find anyone who can (or would be willing) to make it on Corellian Run so can't do any testing with the buff myself :/

I don't like the idea of handing the bowl of candy to a person and say ENJOY I like giving a piece of candy and letting them enjoy the sugar rush of discovery.

I wish you all luck in your search, and I will try to help you along without ruining it for the gamers that love that aspect of the game. May you all stay warm in your search for the beloved taunlet.

AKA:Boisha

Yeah, the buff lasts a good amount of time and the only "rare" things are the liver (which drops from nearly anything and we've been going through all sorts of mobs with testing) and the ice ferns which spawn every half hour so... As long as you have someone who can make them (or can yourself), you're good.

Boisha is she - in the same guild and can confirm by vent.

The screenshots do not give away the location we were very careful about that. Any hints are up to Boisha to be released as she discovered it.

Oh and I can say it is very very real.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh609/Grakees/Screenshot_2012-04-18_22_17_05_411128.jpg

I know where that is!

I was running around there just before 1.2 hit exploring the map and looking for any possible quests etc.

no - not going to say. It was several hours of riding till I found it.

I know where that is!

I was running around there just before 1.2 hit exploring the map and looking for any possible quests etc.

no - not going to say. It was several hours of riding till I found it.

She didn't reveal anything in the screenshots

So, expanding on her post.. It's probably right outside of a cave, and I know the PERFECT location. Testing now.

Edited by Dragonbgone