Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

not sure if this was mentioned as i skipped to last page, but they said this covers 2 planets and as much as alderan makes sense cuz of the no tool. i would speculate that illum is the final spot. like the magenta crys. u get a buff, freeze it, deposit it. so on hoth get a buff or use a buff for an item, then head to illum and deposit item or use buff. there r plenty of taun taun on illum and it is the lvl 50 planet that has all the neat end game content. in fact as i write this i remember that there is a high lvl taun taun champ behind the northern republic heroic area next to a chest. could be something

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arent hey going to mail everybody one anyways?

Its a different one. Theres a different one in the CE vendor, a different one from PAX, this one people are trying to figure out, one given in the mail to subscribers. So thats atleast 4 tauntaun variations, might be more on top of that dont know.

I was leveling my alt last night through hoth and I can confirm the Maw by the star of couresant dropped ONE liver.

Note I was almost done with the zone anyway and only had that area to finish up. I have my guildies looking out for Ilum.

Hey guys,

Think I just spent 2 hours reading through the 2 main threads on the vanity pets. My eyes now hurt...

I am gonna look into some of these theories as well when servers come back up, but I wanted to point out something that I noticed on Ilum that I had either not noticed before or has been added. Right outside of the imperial spaceport/base there is a elite tauntaun named "Exhausted Tauntaun" or something like that. He's being groomed by a random npc and looks like he is about to collapse. If he is involved, I assume there will be one at the republic base that mirrors the one I saw. Just something to look into...it may be hungry for some jerky or something and pop out a baby if you feed it...which is by a space port/shuttle...which is where NVSCCS's are used...just my train of thought.

Also, if you enter the imperial base, and walk into the area with all of the merchants, in the back corner, there is a cage with 2 "Domesticated Tauntauns" or something like that. I have not seen them before either, but that just may be my lack of interest in that room. I would look into those as well.

If that info helps, you're welcome. If not, sorry for wasting your time and looking forward to seeing this pan out. Have a good one!

~Gaytastic~

Grand Master Zym

My guild took down Gargath last night and we got the blue box drop (which everyone rolled need for). I won it and now have a pet taunling (which is tiny).

Nothing extra was needed, just open the box and it appeared in my abilities panel in the pets section.

No screenshots of the drop and because the servers are down i cannot get a screen shot of the taunling

Must be something else besides this boss tho. Someone on my server got the vanity tauntaun first day from the time we logged in after patch 1.2. No idea tho how he did it... :confused: but def not from gargath Edited by Jaceenn

And we're still going to at least wait on a screenshot of the item from Gargath as that may be something completely different. A boss drop doesn't really equal a mission and then the NVSCSS would still be useless as well.

Since the second Orobird egg has been found (which probably means the third is available), it wouldn't be a stretch to say there may be more than one Tauntaun to be gotten on Hoth.

And considering one Orobird was found traveling around Alderaan and the other through a boss drop in a flashpoint... yeah.

There were 2 listed in databases besides Taunta (Taunlet and Taunling) and the crate says it summons Taunling which would mean Taunlet would be the "mission" one.

There's also still Smelly, who was heavily hinted to in a pet interview done on one website. Though, there's obviously a chance they could've just meant Tauntauns in general, but...

(Not to mention with Smelly included, that would be a total of 3 to be randomly found just like the 3 Orobirds).

Edited by Jenemi

At the moment, I think what I'd like to know at all is even some generalization confirmation. Like one is definitely a drop and one is definitely a mission (Or even with the Orobirds, full confirmation on each egg). Not enough to ruin the surprise, but just enough to help so we can focus on a single thing per pet rather than being all over the place.

At the moment, I think what I'd like to know at all is even some generalization confirmation. Like one is definitely a drop and one is definitely a mission (Or even with the Orobirds, full confirmation on each egg). Not enough to ruin the surprise, but just enough to help so we can focus on a single thing per pet rather than being all over the place.

agreed. since this topic is still all 'weird' and I don't have biochem I opted for getting me a little birdie first... but I still want the tauntauns :(

Do you really need the recipe to loot from Gargath? Sounds strange since that means others are pretty much relying on biochems to get that recipe.

No it seems that is a pet on it self.

Scrapped from list.. added as seperate entry ;)

The nests are in the same place, the orokeets are still there.

The patch this morning reverted some things back to pre-1.2, which includes the nest/pets.

The guild banks are missing, the crystal vendor is back and so forth.

Expect some downtime to fix this soon.

Same issue here with my Orokeet, i miss the little green fellow.

Was going to start the tauntaun hunt today, is there really much point in attempting to get the jerky today seeing as how the patch removed nests and the like.

Saying that apparently the Vendor tauntaun is still visible in game. Not that i've personally seen one yet

Can anyone confirm drops of schematic, liver ect for today?

Edit - ohh 15 min warning for more patches on EU server. GIMME BACK MY GREEN DODO!

Edited by bluebewbs