Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the box that was at the ship graveyard is the one for the depleted datacron

there was supposidly another box at another location that was foudn to be a scavenging node.

no one knows how to get the jerky.

People posted several times saying they weren't referring to that or a scavenging node.

On my Imp alt, I came across an area called Tauntaun Mountains (or Ridge or something very close to those). There were a group of Wild/Untamed Tauntaun with a gold Wompa very near by. The area was in the Imp starting area on Hoth; exit the base and head to your left a ways. I will try to return there now after I get the NVSCCS.

This was pre-1.2 on the live servers.

Edited by Jinxblog

The Ice Scrabbler Jerky has too be it. Take a look at its description http://db.darthhater.com/items/48563/ice_scrabbler_jerky/

There is also a schematic which is necessary to make it.

In terms of the materials needed to make it, at least for the Ice scrabbler liver, I found an idea on another thread about where to find it...they said something about looking near caves or spaceports on Hoth

on the republic side, i got the liver as a drop off the boss from the Brotherhood questline, the one where you team up with Imps. i'm going to assume maybe it's a rare drop from elites?

Has anyone tried killing the new Wampa's on Hoth that they made a mention of in the patch? Very reasonable they would drop the Jerky or the recipe.

"A rather dangerous Wampa specimen has been observed on Highmount Ridge on Hoth."

Has anyone tried killing the new Wampa's on Hoth that they made a mention of in the patch? Very reasonable they would drop the Jerky or the recipe.

"A rather dangerous Wampa specimen has been observed on Highmount Ridge on Hoth."

Yes, I killed them. They did drop some orange gloves but nothing special.

Killed him twice, dropped a random orange item and credits.

Top as in, North?

South area of the map. Coords are -900, 515.

You should see a couple of Young Wampas and a corpse on the ground. Killing the young wampas cause the Highmount Ridge Wampa to spawn. He's not hard at all to kill, but I can confirm it's not a 100% drop rate on the Liver.

Edit: wrong coords

Edited by Chipsnsalsa

on the republic side, i got the liver as a drop off the boss from the Brotherhood questline, the one where you team up with Imps. i'm going to assume maybe it's a rare drop from elites?

We already know it can drop from regular mobs, this was discovered on PTS and the fact I picked up one on Hoth today doing the daily for Lord Tetsu (killing Republic soldiers near the Ilum Temple).

The old thread, about eggs and Tauntaun, is here until they delete it.

We already know it can drop from regular mobs, this was discovered on PTS and the fact I picked up one on Hoth today doing the daily for Lord Tetsu (killing Republic soldiers near the Ilum Temple).

The old thread, about eggs and Tauntaun, is here until they delete it.

The thread was actually removed earlier (part of why I made this and why that Orobird egg showed up). Nice to see it's back though.

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy –

Get Your Very Own Tauntaun Pet!

We appreciate the support of our community throughout the development of the Legacy game update. As a 'Thank You' gift, we are giving all active subscribers (as of April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT) the following in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*, sure to be your new best friend!

From one of the patch notes.

http://www.swtor.com/legacypromotion

South area of the map. Coords are -900, 170.

You should see a couple of Young Wampas and a corpse on the ground. Killing the young wampas cause the Highmount Ridge Wampa to spawn. He's not hard at all to kill, but I can confirm it's not a 100% drop rate on the Liver.

Could not find the Wompas and corpse at these coordinates :/