Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

from that link...

Swift and strong, and ready to stand firm at its master's side, the Tauntaun Ram pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

might take a while but by next week if you're a subscriber you'll have it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from that link...

Swift and strong, and ready to stand firm at its master's side, the Tauntaun Ram pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

might take a while but by next week if you're a subscriber you'll have it.

For crying out loud people, we're talking about a different Tauntaun as has been pointed out already; one that was mentioned in the patch notes specifically.

"Tauntaun vanity pets can now be acquired on the planet Hoth, though the exact means of acquisition are a mystery."

As a quick note, the Ice Scrabbler Jerky is supposedly a level 37 item so killing things around that level or that would drop items around that level are probably what we should aim for.

I also did try killing the Legendary Wampa, but did not get much of anything. While I don't know how it'd be used, I do agree it's a bit suspicious unless they really just wanted to let people know they can be attacked by Wampas on top of mountains.

I've found a "Lost Tauntaun" at -901,-241 in Hoth.

High up in the moutaints just as the map shifts from Highridge to Glacier Fissure. All alone, making crying noises, walking in circles.

*Edit* It is also not attackable,,,,,

Edited by Cripplers

I've found a "Lost Tauntaun" at -901,-241 in Hoth.

High up in the moutaints just as the map shifts from Highridge to Glacier Fissure. All alone, making crying noises, walking in circles.

*Edit* It is also not attackable,,,,,

did you use the nvcss on it?

It doesn't seem to show up on them--at least the yellow ones anyway. Haven't seen a green to try it on that is just roaming around.

There is a chance it could be that you need to get their health low enough to use it, but I don't think so considering the item is supposed to be non-violent so I'd like to think you wouldn't have to do something violent to use it and the fact that then the Tauntauns would suddenly shrink in size and I don't believe the NVSCSS has those kind of magical powers :p

But yeah, I had seen a Undomesticated Tauntaun over by the Ship yard and had tried, but the NVSCCS didn't show as useable. I didn't try to lower it's health though.

i just tried you get a message Safety warning: target signature missmatch, wrong target.

also i just killed the legendary wampa he pats along the mountain and he did indeed drop an icescrabblers liver which gives this description "Rare crafting material, this succulent liver is used by biochemists to create exotic delicacies."

Just reposting this :)

That's essentially what the main theory was--finding the jerky, placing it somewhere/standing somewhere that would cause a Baby Tauntaun to appear and then using the NVSCCS on it. Unfortunately, nobody has been able to find the jerky yet so trying that is a bit hard ATM :p

And coordinates for the area = always useful :3

Edited by Jenemi

South area of the map. Coords are -900, 515.

You should see a couple of Young Wampas and a corpse on the ground. Killing the young wampas cause the Highmount Ridge Wampa to spawn. He's not hard at all to kill, but I can confirm it's not a 100% drop rate on the Liver.

Edit: wrong coords

Found them, killed them all. No liver dropped, yet. We killed him roughly 4 or 5 times, he respawns every 15 minutes it seems.

Here's something to think about...

Perhaps the recipe for the jerky is simply from Crit Missions like all the other new Recipe's. Might be from max level missions, or lower ones since the recipe is lower level. Worth a shot I suppose.

I'm betting they accidentally left out the Jerky, that's why they are doing an emergency patch tomorrow morning.

The Taun Taun Tippers guild surmises that you do not feed the jerky to the baby taun taun, you eat the jerky yourself. Then the taun taun will smell the jerky on you, and be drawn out.

Where it is drawn out, is still up in the air.