Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

I got a liver while doing the Ilum daily to kill Republic soldiers at that Jedi Temple, didn't even realize I picked it up until I was looking at my inventory. So I know it drops from humanoid mobs on Ilum, as well as other locations.

Ok on it, any ideas what I do with the jerky once it's crafted?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I sat at the Ice Fern location that I posted then respawn time on it is 30mins.

I've been waiting well over half an hour with no spawn on the Ice Fern. It's probably on a shared spawn timer with a node somewhere else.

Can't believe this is still not figured out. I figured once it went live everyone would know exactly what to do.

I bet there's more than just that drop from the world boss. I'm going to help out with this tomorrow because I really want to solve this!

Its got to be more than just a boss drop. Didnt Zoeller say that its a two planet process?

Didn't even think about it til i read this thread. I can confirm jerky recipe, 300 bio, dropped from snowblind. Guess we know what to do with it now. :)

Yep try and solo a Hoth world boss since Aussies still are waiting to be able to transfer our chars to the Aus servers.

There should be a way to obtain it solo IMHO

I agree, I was super ticked off but then someone decided to sell it on the GTN. So check that because I don't think most people know the jerky is for something like this. Either way I still hate that it comes down to things like this. They cater to PvE too much (like why isn't there a tauntaun for PvP?)

Oooooh, a fighting Tauntaun. That would be sweet.

As for the Jerky, no clue. It may or may not have anything to do with catching the Tauntaun, no one ever figured out or if they did they didn't share.

Yeah I feel like it's going to be a deal where we have to try a lot of ideas before we find exactly where we use the jerky. Challenge accepted

Consume it and walk around Hoth looking for answers!

I began to, then the server shut down lol. I have the schematic and the buff so first thing tomorrow I'll try, no matter how long it takes! Unless someone figures it out which still works! Anyone in Crucible Pits, I have free jerky to pass on!

I began to, then the server shut down lol. I have the schematic and the buff so first thing tomorrow I'll try, no matter how long it takes! Unless someone figures it out which still works! Anyone in Crucible Pits, I have free jerky to pass on!

Where did you get the schematics?

while is was busy making a guide about vanity pets.

So far the summarization:

Tauntaun

Getting you equipment:

• Buy the NVSCCS (or Non-Violent Small Creature Capture System) from NPC vendor Lain-Ricie in Juran Mountains, at 1870, 1090 on Alderaan.

• Loot Biochem Ice Scrabbler Jerky Recipe from Snowblind World boss lv 44 (Hoth (390, 1025) - Crystal Wastes).

Get items for recipe:
    • Ice Fern (Hoth -3085, -1756 Whiterock Wastes, 30 min respawn timer)
    • Ice Scrabbler Liver from random lv 37ish fauna on Hoth (Highmountain Ridge Wampa, regular Wampa's dropped one)

[*]Loot Exotic Animal Crate from Gargath (Worldboss) (Hoth (-2340, 400) - Calburn Tundra).

while is was busy making a guide about vanity pets.

So far the summarization:

Tauntaun

Getting you equipment:

• Buy the NVSCCS (or Non-Violent Small Creature Capture System) from NPC vendor Lain-Ricie in Juran Mountains, at 1870, 1090 on Alderaan.

• Loot Biochem Ice Scrabbler Jerky Recipe from Snowblind World boss lv 44 (Hoth (390, 1025) - Crystal Wastes).

Get items for recipe:
    • Ice Fern (Hoth -3085, -1756 Whiterock Wastes, 30 min respawn timer)
    • Ice Scrabbler Liver from random lv 37ish fauna on Hoth (Highmountain Ridge Wampa, regular Wampa's dropped one)

[*]Loot Exotic Animal Crate from Gargath (Worldboss) (Hoth (-2340, 400) - Calburn Tundra).

Do you really need the recipe to loot from Gargath? Sounds strange since that means others are pretty much relying on biochems to get that recipe.