Most of the new legacy features cost lots and lots of CREDITS?!?

shoobybomp

I am a little shocked and dismayed by the amount of credits everything costs for all the new legacy features and even the guild bank. 600K credits to unlock the guild bank. Another 600K credits to reduce your quick travel time down from 30m to 24m. 500K credits to get a mailbox on your ship. 1 million credits to get a repair droid on your ship. It goes on and on. I wonder what impact this will have on the economy, at least in the short run.

The choice to make the legacy features into this huge grind is puzzling to me. You have to grind for legacy points, you have to grind for credits, and you have to grind for commendations for gear. Games are supposed to be fun not a bunch of repetitive nonsense designed for simple minds. I don't mind working for something or making it difficult to do, but when it becomes this huge grind-fest that is where I really start losing interest. I already have a job, why have a game that simulates another job?

I guess they have done their research and they feel that this plays well with the MMO crowd. To me it seems like a misguided attempt to keep subscribers. We shall see how it plays out.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have to start realizing that credit sinks in MMOs keep server economies healthy. No credit sinks equals to massive inflation. New players then have a much harder time as everything costs 15-20 million.

The more credit sinks, the better. I think these are perfectly reasonable. You can't get everything right away, but you'll get everything eventually.

Yeah just plain patetic. One of my char is legacy 18 but i still have to buy it all.

Only have 800 k so i cant afford really anything. And i'm not gonna grind this game

for credits like some goldseller.As i said just patetic because i actually thought

that if you had the legacy lvl that would be enough.

Yeah just plain patetic. One of my char is legacy 18 but i still have to buy it all.

Only have 800 k so i cant afford really anything. And i'm not gonna grind this game

for credits like some goldseller.As i said just patetic because i actually thought

that if you had the legacy lvl that would be enough.

You get legacy xp from just about EVERYTHING you do. The unlocks should require a little bit more than that.

A lot of them can be unlocked be means other than money. The ones you do have to spend money on are just convenience things. It's mostly earlier cooldowns or stuff centralized on your ship that are located all over the place.

People have to start realizing that credit sinks in MMOs keep server economies healthy. No credit sinks equals to massive inflation. New players then have a much harder time as everything costs 15-20 million.

The more credit sinks, the better. I think these are perfectly reasonable. You can't get everything right away, but you'll get everything eventually.

You are right about credit sinks and the server economy, I was just wondering what will happen to a server's economy in the short run. For now, they have put so much out of reach for the casual player like me. It was also very unexpected.

And all the gold farmers in china and korea rejoiced.

Pretty much this. I know people keep telling me how stupidly easy it is to earn money in this game, and that may be true if you have no life at all and can run every single daily every single day, but for the rest of us with jobs and kids, having to save up for a month just to get a vendor droid on my ship doesn't seem like a productive use of my time.

I'm not really complaining. Not really. I realize these are conveniences. Conveniences I'm going to do without. Just seems kind of a shame since I have legacy level 8, but there's nothing I feel really justifies the expense yet.

Any credits I save are probably going to go into PvP gear right now, and leveling trade skills. That's far more productive.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

And all the gold farmers in china and korea rejoiced.

Not from me, I bought my own Ship GTN.

Every morning before work, I would do Belsalvis Dailies, when I had enough tokens, I would go to Fleet, sell Rakata Implants for 400k. They got to pick what they wanted(It was usually 300-400k cheaper then GTN).

Just take the effort man, stuff ain't handed to you.

JJ

You are right about credit sinks and the server economy, I was just wondering what will happen to a server's economy in the short run. For now, they have put so much out of reach for the casual player like me. It was also very unexpected.

Then you probably should have paid more attention to the legacy news on various websites. The high costs have been known/public for at least a couple weeks now.

I am a little shocked and dismayed by the amount of credits everything costs for all the new legacy features and even the guild bank. 600K credits to unlock the guild bank. Another 600K credits to reduce your quick travel time down from 30m to 24m. 500K credits to get a mailbox on your ship. 1 million credits to get a repair droid on your ship. It goes on and on. I wonder what impact this will have on the economy, at least in the short run.

The choice to make the legacy features into this huge grind is puzzling to me. You have to grind for legacy points, you have to grind for credits, and you have to grind for commendations for gear. Games are supposed to be fun not a bunch of repetitive nonsense designed for simple minds. I don't mind working for something or making it difficult to do, but when it becomes this huge grind-fest that is where I really start losing interest. I already have a job, why have a game that simulates another job?

I guess they have done their research and they feel that this plays well with the MMO crowd. To me it seems like a misguided attempt to keep subscribers. We shall see how it plays out.

Most of this stuff is optional. Guild bank many can contribute to. Reducing quick travel time does little - half an hour is short enough for me the overwhelming majority of the time. A mailbox or repair droid on my ship does nothing for me since I need to go to Fleet to (try to) find groups anyway.

If you want the cool new toys, I suppose you can grind.

Or you can just play the game, find a way to fix your brain so it doesn't tell you that you need optional / luxury items, and amass quite a huge sum of credits by avoiding spending them.

Legacy is a let down, currently legacy level 30 and the only thing I will probably get is the ship mail box and maybe the repair droid when I get enough credits. Everything else doesn't seem to be worth the credits to get them.

Everything really worth anything is not directly related to legacy level, like buffs from finishing chapters and from companions.

What?? People probably can't get every single unlockable legacy feature the day it goes live?

I am not saying it shouldn't cost something, although the legacy levels themselves definitely cost a lot of time. What I am saying is that I look at how much all those things cost and wonder how I will EVER be able to afford some of them. I guess you could call it "virtual sticker shock".

Most of this stuff is optional. Guild bank many can contribute to. Reducing quick travel time does little - half an hour is short enough for me the overwhelming majority of the time. A mailbox or repair droid on my ship does nothing for me since I need to go to Fleet to (try to) find groups anyway.

If you want the cool new toys, I suppose you can grind.

Or you can just play the game, find a way to fix your brain so it doesn't tell you that you need optional / luxury items, and amass quite a huge sum of credits by avoiding spending them.

I agree. I do think my brain needs to be fixed. Many have told me that there is something wrong with it.

What perk do you need so badly that this matters that much to you? The whole point of the legacy system was to give some additional longterm enhancement to your account. Did you expect everything just to be unlocked for you after playing for 4 months?

Some of the prices I will say are high, but 600k for the first guild bank tab isn't one of them. That is only high if you assume that just 1 person is paying for it. If that is the case, I'm not sure why you are even getting the tab for your guild. They aren't meant to be just another bank for the GM.

While I fully uderstand the need for money sinks in a game such as this, I would argue that Bioware has taken it to the extreme, and some of that thinking needs to be re-evaluated.

Case in point:

Level 27 - Paid ~10,000 credits for 1 single skill upgrade at the trainers

Level 28 - Paid ~ 15,000 credits for 2 skill upgrades at the trainers.

When I slotted my Level 27 mods, I removed my Level 23 mods to give to my companion, before slotting my new ones. Cost was approximately 4,000 credits.

So in the span of 1-2 days, I spent close to 30,000 credits, but in the missions I did, I didn't make even close to that amount. The only reason I could afford it was because I have been aggressively farming Aluminum and Laminoid for the Trader on an alt, and did a fund transfer to my main.

I personally think that some of the "day to day" costs in game, could be toned down just a bit.

Oh, and nearly 1,000 creds for a single medpac? Just a little overblown in my opinion.

I think a 30-40% reduction in training costs would be warranted, as well as a 50-75% reduction in the cost associated with mod removal.

What perk do you need so badly that this matters that much to you? The whole point of the legacy system was to give some additional longterm enhancement to your account. Did you expect everything just to be unlocked for you after playing for 4 months?

Some of the prices I will say are high, but 600k for the first guild bank tab isn't one of them. That is only high if you assume that just 1 person is paying for it. If that is the case, I'm not sure why you are even getting the tab for your guild. They aren't meant to be just another bank for the GM.

you missing the point the Zeller LIED TO US. I sat there and watched the entire guild summit live and the question was asked would it require legacy level and credits he said no it was either or.

It's always more fun to live on the edge of poverty right?

Given how much is handed to you in game I'm not sure what these new players would be wasting money on. You get orange gear and commendations for mods, a lot of players don't waste time and money crafting gear that will be overtaken by those same commendation mods, and speeder and skill training are not ongoing. Perhaps the game should remove dailies instead to control the flow of credits?

Oh, and nearly 1,000 creds for a single medpac? Just a little overblown in my opinion.

Ever hear of crafting?

I haven't bought a single medpack or stim since the game has launched. ;)

Edited by FooBard

you missing the point the Zeller LIED TO US. I sat there and watched the entire guild summit live and the question was asked would it require legacy level and credits he said no it was either or.

You only think he lied because you misunderstood.

ALL legacy unlocks require the requisite legacy level. There is no way around it.

There is nothing that requires an unlock condition AND credits. His statement is completely correct.

Some require an unlock, but you can't buy them (legacy heroic abilities).

Some require an unlock or credits (legacy species).

Some require credits (Ship mailbox).

Some have no unlock (can't think of anything).

Edited by MillionsKNives

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.