The Fatman Server

Dakneiros

If you aren't happy, you can wait for transfers or re-roll like everyone else. :)

I see what you did there. :p

Yep, the funny thing is that at least a few of the people complaining in this thread posted the above comment in the threads about low populations.

Some even went as far and said to re-roll on the Fatman. :rolleyes:

I guess it was all fine and dandy until the cause and effect factor finally became an issue to them personally, astonishing how it always seems to work that way.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you did there. :p

Yep, the funny thing is that at least a few of the people complaining in this thread posted the above comment in the threads about low populations.

Some even went as far and said to re-roll on the Fatman. :rolleyes:

I guess it was all fine and dandy until the cause and effect factor finally became an issue to them personally, astonishing how it always seems to work that way.

bingo.

My server was dead. Even though it says "Standard", there were not enough people on the Imp fleet to get a group of any kind going. So I transferred to The Fatman. Waiting in a 30+ min queue is better than playing alone.

But Ive been saying it for a long time. The sure fire way to ensure this games survival right now is server transfers. That is all I need. I would move to the next biggest PVP server if they would just start allowing transfers.

FFS. I don't want to reroll on another server, mine is a ghost town. I guess Fatman it is.

Its that or unsub. And I would prefer not to.

Lets all roll characters on fatman!!!!!!!!

I have a character rolled on anturi reach and i got a measly 45 ppl per planet

It's unfortunate but unavoidable thanks to swtor ignoring the server poulations issues. Transfers and /or mergers could have been handled by them to spread folks out evenly. Instead people on ghost town servers had to re roll and start over to see other players in this....MMO.

-If you had to re roll and start completely over wouldnt you transfer to the highest pop server? Would you really want to risk having to do it again?

Until Bioware gets it's server transfer mechanics in place, you will have players clogging high pop servers.

This is one of those things that make you wonder why it wasn't a priority for launch. Not only for server population balance, but PTS testing as well.

Come to south east Asia's pvp sever master something something. Good pop during Australian times and war zones on into the wee hours of 4 am most nights, would well benefit from an increased US pop to add to the night time pop.

I got alts on Farman, it's very enjoyable with that kind of pop and is an excellent case to argue about mergers, if we had 20 servers like that rather than 100 odd lights, we'd be in much better shape

Edited by DakataTan

-If you had to re roll and start completely over wouldnt you transfer to the highest pop server? Would you really want to risk having to do it again?

exactly. rerolling bites. i'm not doing it again.

#OccupyFatMan

It's unfortunate but unavoidable thanks to swtor ignoring the server poulations issues. Transfers and /or mergers could have been handled by them to spread folks out evenly. Instead people on ghost town servers had to re roll and start over to see other players in this....MMO.

I take it you haven't read the hundreds upon hundreds of posts in regards to this. They have been working on transfers for quite a while now.

The transfer mechanisms must be complete before they can ever think about merging servers. It's the transfer systems that will prompt players who have been transferred so that they can:

A) choose which legacy they want to keep, the existing legacy or the incoming legacy

B) choose a new name if their existing names are already taken on the destination server

C) choose a new legacy name if their legacy name is already taken

D) provide the systems and locks to make sure someone with 6 characters isn't trying to transfer 6 characters into a system that only has 4 slots open

E) possibly expanding the amount of slots available on servers so characters can be transferred in

F) the coding to merge all of this character and status data from one server to the other

G) lots of other things I'm forgetting about

This stuff must be done before they start doing server mergers. If they tried doing it now it would be a customer service nightmare of epic proportions.

They've already successfully used a prototype of this system to transfer Guilds and players over to the PTS, if I'm not mistaken, somewhere around April 4th. I'm not really sure the basic transfer system was ready until that point, but that was probably the first big "live" test.

Now they're fixing whatever glitches they found and noted in preparation for allowing the transfer of Aussie and Kiwi characters over to their servers in their region. Then they can work on matching that to the web or application front end so we as customers can go in and find out servers, select which characters we want to transfer and the origin and destination, the attached payment gateway to pay for that if payment is required, and then the automated processes that will make it work.

Suggestions they could just "do it now, but aren't" really aren't that solid. And demands that they "speed up the process" don't really acknowledge the realities of programming and system design. It'll be ready when it's ready. And they haven't ignored anyone.

Edited by Kubernetic

+1.

#OccupyFatMan

Haha yea rerolling sucks. So when even more people leave the game, then maybe the queue will just drop and server will still be full. Sounds like a plan to me.

And hell I am moving to the east coast in a few months anyways, Fatman here I come!

Edit: O and they have said time and again they are NOT working on server merges. Its not even on the proverbial "to do" list. So unless you like playing solo (or on moderately empty as mine is, "standard" my ***, its almost dead), either unsub for a couple months or just reroll. Because it is NOT happening ANY time in the near future if they stick to what they said recently.

Edited by Blaise

Fatman is cool, but just don't bother trying to play on Sundays :) I got d/c last night (it happens alot on Fatman) and it took me 40 minutes to get back in. In the meantime, the group I was with had long since moved on.

I rolled another toon on another server to play on Sundays or other times when queue is nasty.