Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

Wow.... i know quite a few people on my server who during the past few days resubbed in anticipation of ranked WZ's.

This feels like the one of the biggest MMO money grabs in history, draw people back in for ranked WZ's only to announce hours before the patch it wont make it in, thus hoping people will keep those subs open until they make it in.

BW i had alot of faith in you, i kept going with you till now, fully hoping you would get it right, well you havent, its still completely wrong, and as much as i hate looking like one of the other forum warriors.... F IT! I'm done, unsubbed, OUT!

Good luck, not that i think you have much future with this game.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont feel I should have to tell you this, bioware, because you are game developers. But you reallllllly shouldn't say things are going to be in something and then don't do it. Personally, I'm not that offended, but this is a main reason many people were planning to even try this patch. It is the height of failed customer service to say something is going to be in something, and then say it isnt 5 hours before you give that something to the customer.

This is bush league. Come on.

Wow.... i know quite a few people on my server who during the past few days resubbed in anticipation of ranked WZ's.

This feels like the one of the biggest MMO money grabs in history, draw people back in for ranked WZ's only to announce hours before the patch it wont make it in, thus hoping people will keep those subs open until they make it in.

BW i had alot of faith in you, i kept going with you till now, fully hoping you would get it right, well you havent, its still completely wrong, and as much as i hate looking like one of the other forum warriors.... F IT! I'm done, unsubbed, OUT!

Hit the nail on the head, seems like a money grab, they will wait until the next sub session to drag it along.

You must be new, welcome to the genre.

As a fanboy from the start, I am now ready to fully admit this game is a failure. It was launched with 60% of the content it should have had. The pvp is a joke. Many of us play TOR purely for pvp. We get huttball 80% of the time because of faction imbalance, which is going to be around in ANY MMO. So why WZs were made faction specific (except Huttball) is beyond me, and beyond stupid.

We couldnt move our UIs.

We have no target of target, necessary for both pve and pvp.

We couldnt queue to warzones with 8.

We had this legacy system with no perks, why launch with this incomplete.

We have plenty of hackers in PVP that never get any punishment, let alone a ban.

World pvp is disgustingly broken, unused.

THE LEVEL 50 PLANET IS DESERTED. Ilum is no longer used.

Bioware, I know a lot of getting this game pushed through incomplete is EA's fault, but come on, it's beyond a joke now, and I just preordered Guild Wars 2 and will be unsubscribing.

To anyone that is going to chime in with, "Well X MMO (99% sure its going to be WOW) didn't launch with this or that! Be greatful you had this and that." TOR was launched to compete with WOW, in its current form. Get with the times, the bar has been raised and you need to meet or exceed it, not fail dramatically to come near it. New car companies dont launch with tech from the 80s and go "Well Ford didnt launch with those options, it took years!" Irrelevant as this games pvp has become.

I really wanted to like this game. I tried really hard to enjoy it, and I have. But because of how pvp is set up, after 3 weeks post 50, it's boring as watching paint dry. You have failed to keep the avid pvp'ers, I wouldn't be surprised if you see servers even more desolate now.

The new gear and commendation changes haven't been removed - players will not be able to queue for Ranked Warzones, but War Hero gear can be obtained.

How? Since there are no ranked warzones, that means no ranked warzone commendations. I really hope these won't be available at a 3-1 conversation rate, as that will make getting War Hero gear takes 3 times as long as originally intended.

For all the flak that I have given Bioware on the forums, I give you guys a lot of credit for having the stones to make a move like this, even at the last minute.

If it's not ready, do not give it to us. I want a finished product.

Edited by Celebrus

Bioware SWTOR is never going to be revived i thought 1.2 was going to be the patch that brought back SWTOR but nope, you just killed your PVP community because im not going to get on everyday and play one warzone a day "Hutball!" so have fun yall im out!

No, the biggest Money grab in MMO history would have been the Founder option on Flagship Studios, Hellgate:London... For only 150 bucks you get server access for free for the life of the game!!! The game servers only survived 3 months.

They will add 8vs8 guys, what they dont add is solo ranked!

So you that play in guilds can still do this, its just that people who want to solo ranked cant, as they cancelled this.

Link?

Oh, they will add it. Riiiight

Edited by sw_dragon

The new gear and commendation changes haven't been removed - players will not be able to queue for Ranked Warzones, but War Hero gear can be obtained.
basically from what you just said, we will see the gear on the vendors, but will have no acces to the currency they are bought with.

Not surprising since NO PVP testing was done on the 1.2 PTS.

You only invited PVE guilds to test the new operation. All the class balance changes were only tested in PVE, and will be disastrous in PVP.

Basically, 1.2 is a failure for PVPers, a total failure for which the blame is on the devs 100%.

Next time, Bioware, how about stop being arrogant jerks and make the NPC that gives XP on the PTS (as many people including myself have repeatedly asked for) so people can get to 50 quickly and do some testing.

If there is a next time.

Edited by Redmarx