Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

Big surprise. One of the few (only 3 things really being added to PvP in 1.2 [1 WZ - WH Gear - RWZs) interesting PvP additions to 1.2 is removed right before launch. lawl

However, the Ranked WZ Pre-Season they were planning was a complete joke as proposed in the Patch notes. I don't blame them for holding out until the systems are more polished. I actually applaud them for having the cajones to pull it out. Ranked WZs are intended to elevate PvP and really set teams/players apart. The proposed launch of the preseason in 1.2 was anything but that, just another grind for anyone and everyone to participate in.

Anyway, 1.2 is so underwhelming that I can't even begin to describe my displeasure. I'm currently set to unsub anyway. Maybe 1.2 will be better than I presently perceive and I will resub. I want to /facepalm, but my disappointment in this game and the PvP Devs is deeper than that.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very excited for the Patch, and I really don't care about Ranked Warzones anyway.

Ranked Warzones are a good idea, but it's BW's initial decision wheter or not they want it to be released yet. Pushing it back for the future ensures that it will be much more polished and better than intended. There's a ton of content in 1.2 besides ranked warzones. Besides, the patch clearly said Patch 1.2: LEGACY.

It focuses primarily on legacy, and while pvp is their main focus, it definitely is up there. I say take as long as they need to make ranked warzones as good as it can be. It'll be worth the wait in the long run.

Edited by Meluna
rude

A lot of players were waiting on this patch just for the Pvp ranked wzs and less then 24 hours before dropping the patch they pull one of the biggest parts that would have got people to play the game....the big issue is going to be the timing i have to this is an epic fail for bioware and could cause a game changing failure as far as population goes I am sorry to say....

AND not to toot my own horn but I totally called that the system was designed to fail even before its implementation the moment they revealed the fact that the system will match-up players queued in the non-Rated WZs with those queued in the Rated WZs.

I saw it coming from a mile away.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=388247

I am the new Nostradamus.

This is a really surprising decision. To postpone something a few hours later after it's been announced for the next day. Bash at the devs all you want, but I'm glad they had the guts to admit failure and push this feature away until it's fit for going live. The outrage would have been bigger, had ranked pvp come out broken.

The only thing to complain about is the very unprofessional move of announcing and then canceling stuff in such a short time.

Assuming Pre-Season doesn't hit with 1.3 in a couple of months, I'm excited enough from all the PvE content, alt-leveling and crafting I'll be doing to worry about it. Thankfully the new WZ will go up, and will make things more interesting.

Not much of a fan for PvP, and frankly, even though I do not have long queues to play on my server (Frostclaw EU) so I am not concerned about cross-server queuing, not being able to choose which WZ I want to participate in is kind of a big bummer for me.

So pre-season in a couple of weeks hopefully and a strong start for Season 1 on 1.3, sounds good enough to me.

Id bet you in RL that most of the community DOES NOT PvP... most MMOs have actually stated that, though the one who do are very hardcore/vocal about it, a lot of people don't PvP
Actually, according to BioWare at the Guild Summit, over half of players PVP on a daily basis. I'm sure this had nothing to do with the fact that one can queue for PVP and not for flashpoints. ;)

I'm sure all you people who are complaining have had your lifes go perfectly as planned. Stuff happens and we move on. What's a bit longer?

They are bringing it, just taking a bit longer - that's life!

Edited by Meluna
language

while I understand that things do not work the way we plan them to I really think the community should have gotten more of a notice on this. You had to have some idea this was coming and to wait 2 days before the patch to tell people is very much a let down. This was the thing out of everything I was most looking forward too.

I'm sure all you people who are complaining have had your lifes go perfectly as planned. Stuff happens and we move on. What's a bit longer?

They are bringing it, just taking a bit longer - that's life!

My car breaking down, weather cancelling my flight and suffering the flu, that is life.

The dismally slow production stream and painful PR of Bioware are decisions.

There is a difference my optimistic friend.

Edited by Sowwy

Ya.... so all the 60 day gamecards got reupped end of March. So now we're stuck in boredom land.

As has been said before here... not a big deal if we didn't hear March, April, etc.. only to hear less than 36 hours before deployment that it's not happening.

You had a clue this might happen. Good idea not to tell your players it is, perhaps.

What i want to know is this -----> "In the meantime we have provided an alternate purchase route for War Hero gear so you can start building your set while figuring out your teams."

Info please.

Id bet you in RL that most of the community DOES NOT PvP... most MMOs have actually stated that, though the one who do are very hardcore/vocal about it, a lot of people don't PvP

Dude... the PvP community is 10x bigger then it was 5 years ago (in terms of MMO's) your statement is just ludacris.