Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know how long BW has known they weren't going to release ranked wz's and how much money they would have lost if they would have announced it NOT the day before the patch.

I know they wouldn't have got my $15 for this last month if I had known. I feel like I just got stole from.

Testing (internally and on the PTS) was part of what led us to the decision we've had to make. We know that it is disappointing that we've had to push the feature back, but we have done testing.

We do want everyone to be able to join us in testing on a high-level character on the PTS, but for this testing period, it wouldn't have been as easy as granting characters experience via an NPC. We are continuing to work on improvements to our PTS testing and appreciate your patience.

But why do you wait the last 7 hours before the patch to announce this with no ETA at all ?

Do you get that a lot of people paid 15 bucks in april just because they thought ranked warzone were coming ?

BAHAHAHA 77925 WZ commendations to get full WH assuming you are already full BM. This is some *********** innovating PvP, BW!

Seriously? 77925 comms for a full set of WH gear? What genius thought that the 3:1 conversion would be a suitable replacement for the lack of actual Ranked WZs? After being forced to grind out Valor 60 for BM gear I'm not about to get forced into grinding 3x WZs for a single WH piece.

Massive fail BW.

This really shattered what faith I had left in this game and developer team.

This is the ONLY thing I was waiting for in 1.2, now my months of hard work grinding up to BM and getting full BM gear will mean nothing in about a week when even fresh 50's will be able to earn a new BM piece every few warzones...

This is an obscene joke to the most dedicated players.

Not releasing ranked warzones is not so much the issue as is the poor communication announcing the delay.

I don't mind waiting; it just would've been nice for everyone to have received notice far earlier. The people who make these decisions need to be in better communication with your PR department.

They probably didn't make the decision until sometime today. They had a ranked-warzone-specific testing event this past weekend. Prior to that, they probably didn't have much data to make any judgement from. Then, the developers probably didn't get any opportunity to parse/collate the data until Monday (at the earliest, with the holiday weekend). Once you factor in a day or more to distribute the data to the analysts, analyze the data, and pass the analysis results up to a decision-maker, it's not really surprising that we would only find out about the change today.

Seriously? 77925 comms for a full set of WH gear? What genius thought that the 3:1 conversion would be a suitable replacement for the lack of actual Ranked WZs? After being forced to grind out Valor 60 for BM gear I'm not about to get forced into grinding 3x WZs for a single WH piece.

Massive fail BW.

That had better be a falsehood otherwise pve gear will be 20x easier to get them pvp and all pvp players will get screwed if so you can count my sub cancelled and I will be happy to go find a better game

This was pulled because most server populations couldn't handle two separate groups of people pvping. I already see the same 20 or so people.

how about they just merge the *********** servers

So BW just curious how does it feel to have both gaming communtys for the two biggest games you have released this year be completly pissed off at you???? SWTOR is pissed and Mass Effect is so pissed the gamers want to freaking SUE you GG BW

I'll preface this by saying I rarely post on the forums.

I'm coming out of hiding for this thread, though, because someone needs to represent the viewpoint of the non-casual PvPer.

The PvE players will of course line up to say we're the minority- they always do. They'll continue to say we're vocal, and that our impact on a game is minimal, ect. Because, well, somewhere along the line, they got led to believe that all PvPers hate PvEers, and the forum troll wars started where everyone picked a faction and yelled and screamed until it became standard behavior.

I don't hate PvE. I am a PvP focused player, but I don't want to change your raids, or the itemization of your gear, or make you PvP to get a BiS belt or a set of bracers to max your stats for raiding. For the most part- I want you guys to have your focus untouched, and not have to do things you hate in order to do the things you enjoy.

But on the other hand, the PvPer has been handed the worst development in the game over and over since this game's launch, the worst itemization of stats, forced PvE for BiS/stat itemization, and a completely broken World PvP setup.

You made valor changes that made the ranks meaningless, you put in interim systems for commendations that essentially handed out free gear to everyone who put in minimal effort after tons of people had a merciless grind to get both their ranks/gear.

It's clear that PvE is the focus of this game. That's fine- most games focus this way, and I get it- but it doesn't give your development teams an excuse to completely half-*** one part of the game, and that's exactly what has happened with PvP.

World PvP was terrible from launch, and you've essentially admitted defeat until you can completely re-work it.

You changed methods of commendations twice with these "temporary" fixes until more permanent systems could go in, and now, we get no rated warzones, but another temporary way to aquire gear. When does the PvP community get a finished product? How many temporary changes and re-works do we get before we get what the PvEers had at launch- finished content?

You made it clear what the focus for 1.2 was in who you invited to test/copy, and that was PvE guilds to test your new T2 raid. No PvP guilds to test your rated warzones? Really. And the day prior to launching the patch, you have to pull the plug on it. You probably had an entire throng of PvEers testing PvP content for one, and for two, just the lack of focus on it overall reflects poorly on your PvP team, and Bioware as a whole.

If PvP isn't a major focus, you need to say so, rather than keeping the charade of it mattering, yet proving again and again with shoddy development that it doesn't.

post is on page 32: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=400532&page=32

signed.

Edited by chillinvillain

You do not realize how many of my guildies were only coming back because of this.

Should of wasted less time on legacy, and used it on actual game play.

Two Things that will make this game thrive.

(1) Server Merges, or Cross-Server

(2) Ranked PVP

i'll preface this by saying i rarely post on the forums.

I'm coming out of hiding for this thread, though, because someone needs to represent the viewpoint of the non-casual pvper.

The pve players will of course line up to say we're the minority- they always do. They'll continue to say we're vocal, and that our impact on a game is minimal, ect. Because, well, somewhere along the line, they got led to believe that all pvpers hate pveers, and the forum troll wars started where everyone picked a faction and yelled and screamed until it became standard behavior.

I don't hate pve. I am a pvp focused player, but i don't want to change your raids, or the itemization of your gear, or make you pvp to get a bis belt or a set of bracers to max your stats for raiding. For the most part- i want you guys to have your focus untouched, and not have to do things you hate in order to do the things you enjoy.

But on the other hand, the pvper has been handed the worst development in the game over and over since this game's launch, the worst itemization of stats, forced pve for bis/stat itemization, and a completely broken world pvp setup.

You made valor changes that made the ranks meaningless, you put in interim systems for commendations that essentially handed out free gear to everyone who put in minimal effort after tons of people had a merciless grind to get both their ranks/gear.

It's clear that pve is the focus of this game. That's fine- most games focus this way, and i get it- but it doesn't give your development teams an excuse to completely half-*** one part of the game, and that's exactly what has happened with pvp.

World pvp was terrible from launch, and you've essentially admitted defeat until you can completely re-work it.

You changed methods of commendations twice with these "temporary" fixes until more permanent systems could go in, and now, we get no rated warzones, but another temporary way to aquire gear. When does the pvp community get a finished product? How many temporary changes and re-works do we get before we get what the pveers had at launch- finished content?

You made it clear what the focus for 1.2 was in who you invited to test/copy, and that was pve guilds to test your new t2 raid. No pvp guilds to test your rated warzones? Really. And the day prior to launching the patch, you have to pull the plug on it. You probably had an entire throng of pveers testing pvp content for one, and for two, just the lack of focus on it overall reflects poorly on your pvp team, and bioware as a whole.

If pvp isn't a major focus, you need to say so, rather than keeping the charade of it mattering, yet proving again and again with shoddy development that it doesn't.

qft!!

Testing (internally and on the PTS) was part of what led us to the decision we've had to make. We know that it is disappointing that we've had to push the feature back, but we have done testing.

We do want everyone to be able to join us in testing on a high-level character on the PTS, but for this testing period, it wouldn't have been as easy as granting characters experience via an NPC. We are continuing to work on improvements to our PTS testing and appreciate your patience.

Just admit what you did, the smart people see it... You wanted Sub numbers up, ranked WZ's got that, and now you are trying to string people along for another sub period.

Yeah, its really that obvious.

Thats kinda weird that's the same crap you told us in Beta when we were trying to test endgame.