Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

I have a FULL bm Sorc yet if i get focsed by 2 poeple with lesser gear i die understandably but i watched 4 people including me focus a trooper he healed himself TO 100% with no prob! but Wrath proc needed to be nerfed LOL because insta forked lightning changed games. look i can not speak for ALL servers just obviously what i see on mine!

now that i said it im sure the OOO I SAW A "add their story" is going to pop up,

Also if had seen the same on my side i say the same thing!

I just want FAIR and great competition but i see BIO is doing what blizzard doing catering to cry babies!

But instead of QQ non stop i just stopped my Subscription so i guess this post does not matter!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a FULL bm Sorc yet if i get focsed by 2 poeple with lesser gear i die understandably but i watched 4 people including me focus a trooper he healed himself TO 100% with no prob! but Wrath proc needed to be nerfed LOL because insta forked lightning changed games. look i can not speak for ALL servers just obviously what i see on mine!

Try this build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZcsdMzRruZfrcM.1

It lets you have improved bubble, damage reduction, and you can spam Lightning Strike or even Lightning storm to get the free chain/lightning. You get almost infinite energy regen as well.

Use Shock when ever it's up and chain when ever it's instant, keep affliction on the for extra damage. You *** PWN people and when they pop your shield they get blinded so you can run away.

In 1.2 PVP, it's all about the burst. If you are using force lightning, you are doing it wrong.

Edited by Coyotecalls

Bioware this game and patches are being hilarious, the game is having 0 longevity, 1 hc that for skilled players decently geared is worthless, only thing to do except operation were warzones, with the system you put on every farmer now can take battlemaster gear, ranked players such as war hero or more can't farm new sets (to take 1 piece of new armor you have to farm a nonsense number or warzones).

If you make the change in pvp sets you have to put also the rated, it's ridicoulus and you will lose a lot of customers.

I'm liking the changes bioware has made to classes as a whole. The Bounty Hunters are a little OP with their pyrotech. But they're suppose to hit hard... I'm also glad that bioware has made it really hard to get war hero gear. So that the people who actually work for it get a little buff in warzones or pvp in general.

It remains to be seen for me if the PvP is good in Tera but since SWTOR is currently failing at PvP I'm definitely going to check it out

just saw the korean pvp game play and i dont like the whole 3rd person shooter type MMO's some companies tried that out failed and they became free to play later on

PS if you like some game example's look at DCUO and Global Agenda

Edited by Lockonstatos

my post was meaning that, while i played pvp since the start of this game being unlucky with tokens to get my battlemaster gear, so it was painfully to full up, now all can take it reasonably free, and there are no difference between mine and their, this is unfair also because the rank i hardly farmed are useless, this is the last shout for pvp man in this game in my opinion and in the opinion of my guild. Edited by Aristarco

Balancing still needs some work. Their are a couple of classes out there that are still above the rest for no reason. However, good job trying to balance it out. I had been waiting for 2 or 3 months since you nerfed the assassin for you to start nerfing the others in 1.2. It made it difficult to play with a character that rocked out with his ***k out at all times to being the punching bag but I did it and got better as a player. So people that have to change their game play because their characters are balanced, just learn to play and quit whining.

It is funny to watch people pay then complain! it is like watching CSPAN Senator's fight and lie, cheat and ignore while MOST of us pay them, sounds like Bio and Most companies out there. STOP paying and maybe then they will listen just maybe!

my post was meaning that, while i played pvp since the start of this game being unlucky with tokens to get my battlemaster gear, so it was painfully to full up, now all can take it reasonably free, and there are no difference between mine and their, this is unfair also because the rank i hardly farmed are useless, this is the last shout for pvp man in this game in my opinion and in the opinion of my guild.

Yeah dude. I feel your pain. But just think you might not have a "buff" in pvp like you did before.. but now since you are pretty good(I'm guessing since you had full bm before) you can show all those kids buying bm with wz comms how good you are. You don't need the best pvp gear out there to beat them.

Hey, I thank you Bioware for this news update. It takes big guts to come out and say that you need to spend more time on this particular update, But knowing that you do want to polish out ranked warzone pvping you made a great decision. I'd rather have something complete then not up to standards.

and update 1.2 Legacy is awesome. one thing that really stands out to me for the update.. It just feels way more responsive. It feels soo much more smoother.

Isnt it great how Tera (Whos PvP is friggin amazing) pretty much launches in 6 days? :)

just watched a video review on your Tera game on youtube titled "TERA PvP vs Guild Wars 2 PvP?" and the guy was explaining on how the game play style is just like WoW and Aion and a little more so if people want to see how "great" the kid is thinking then check it out if you must cause it does look like a WoW/Aion clone

Hey, I thank you Bioware for this news update. It takes big guts to come out and say that you need to spend more time on this particular update, But knowing that you do want to polish out ranked warzone pvping you made a great decision. I'd rather have something complete then not up to standards.

and update 1.2 Legacy is awesome. one thing that really stands out to me for the update.. It just feels way more responsive. It feels soo much more smoother.

yes i agree, though i am dissapointed with many aspects i will give credit to the smoother, more sleek feel.

I am however a pvp based player and...

:/

"You have 17 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code."

Sorry Bioware. As they say in poker if you have a ****** hand then fold, dont try to hang in there as you only lose more or everything. I Really liked this game until I capped lvl50 and found out there´s actually nothing to do. Buggy instances, UI bug, the fact that all the WZ grinding was useless as you can easily get BM-stuff now and the list goes on. I gave SWTOR some time even when most of my friends decided to unsub.

You should really think of hiring some guys with actual game-history instead of looking at the diplomas they have in their hand. This tip is for free. Ilum screw-up cost you not only time but also subs.

You have a great license in your hand. The players are there but you really have to listen what they say, even the tinyest little voices.

Re-think your actions you must and better game become.

Seriously people, cut them some slack. Unless you happen to be ON the PvP Dev team you don't know what the delay is from.

I am a software developer and would not accept a job on the Tortanic pvp development team if they offered it to me. It would look bad on my resume. Gabe has no clue what he's doing. He's obviously in waay over his head. Georg Z is holding onto false beliefs. His vision of combat and balance are not working out very well.

Patch after patch has proven that Bioware has very little quality control. And to make it worse their developers are not very talented.

ea louse was right.

The new patch is rubbish, played last night after downloading the new patch, played pvp as usual, got killed every 2 seconds, i am a bounty hunter dps, had a chat with all online , yes we agree we all have been nerfed, this is exactly the way AOC turned to crap:mad::mad::mad:

It is like they modeled their game after WOW, took everything awful about them, and ignored everything they did well.

Some things wow did well vs (bioware) :

arenas (huttball)

quick response to people abusing bugs to get gear (ILUM)

targetting (Tab target somebody behind you)

alt key for self heals (binding self heal to a mouse button)

dps meters/threat meters/macros/mods in general (ill just pretend im doing dmg)

cross-server queues for instances (20 people in a major city, 0 your alts level)

Some things wow failed at:

gimmicky fights (towers of hanoi)

easy raids (easier than wow)

FOTM classes because of extreme buffs/nurfs every patch (1.2)

rated bgs (1.2 wishes it had this)

strange objective bases world pvp (ILUM)

spending so much time balancing classes, but accomplishing the opposite (1.2)

I am disappointed, but hope whatever they are doing is gonna fix this moumental mess, if not. I am sorry in the current economic climate, I really have to think carefully what I pay for and who I sub too. I know many of you may feel the same.

The bank of mum and dad no longer exists for many of us now.

either way since lastnight I have seen so many players, and close level headed freinds quit in disgust. If all does not go well, then economics will dictate next choice of game etc.

I can no longer blindly afford to follow a game that is pointless playing let alone subbing too, just because it has Star Wars in title or Bioware as developer.

soz.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.