Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

I know this makes some people sad, but if it WAS released I'm sure people would be upset about how it wasn't polished. Fine with me I guess, just wish they would have announced it a little earlier.

Also, haven't tried it yet (as there was a 600 person queue on my server (guess which?)) and the servers are down still for patching (=/). But, I was wondering if you can queue for warzones with a group of 8 yet...? Ty for replies.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like how bout NOT releasing an obviously un-ready, bug-filed, **** infested patch that was pushed out ASAP.

Seriously they could have just delayed the patch a week or two and we'd have all these things ironed out (and probably PvP).

I agree, but people would be whining constantly you know, as it is people were already ************ about it =O

Thank you for the Free Month BW. You didn't have to do that. A free Tauntaun would have been enough to make me feel warm and fuzzy.

However, this does not exempt the PvP Dev Team from stepping up their game. They really need to start doing better, from Gabe to the assistants. I think a dedicated Lead PvP Dev would go a long way to improve the situation. Gabe may be juggling too many balls trying to keep both the PvE and PvP endgame up to snuff.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Ok Ok Ok ! SO I have calmed down (Just a bit) Yeah ! You did not need to give us 30 day free and cute we pet. Also the Xtra day free, BUT Still annoyed at the paying customers since december that have families, work commitments that cant always log on every day or week, BUT still pay sub none the less. At least do a rethink on giving them 30days.

BUT ! The PvP is still way baaad, the lack of medals etc, for what we need to uy, and for crying out loud get the cheats etc dealt with or you wll lose more players.

Yeah yeah !I'll stay and hanga round and play longer for now, maybe I am being stupid and optimistic. BUt c'mon, look at the Pvp system again. it stinks.

For now staying a bit longer BUT GW2 and TSW is just on the horizon, again thanks for the 31 days and think of the little guy that cant always polay that has subbed since december kk.

Ok Ok Ok ! SO I have calmed down (Just a bit) Yeah ! You did not need to give us 30 day free and cute we pet. Also the Xtra day free, BUT Still annoyed at the paying customers since december that have families, work commitments that cant always log on every day or week, BUT still pay sub none the less. At least do a rethink on giving them 30days.

BUT ! The PvP is still way baaad, the lack of medals etc, for what we need to uy, and for crying out loud get the cheats etc dealt with or you wll lose more players.

Yeah yeah !I'll stay and hanga round and play longer for now, maybe I am being stupid and optimistic. BUt c'mon, look at the Pvp system again. it stinks.

For now staying a bit longer BUT GW2 and TSW is just on the horizon, again thanks for the 31 days and think of the little guy that cant always polay that has subbed since december kk.

I stand corrected just read Dr Greeg's post, in shock and good on you for showing deceny in the end.

Really simple to fix so much stuff.

Team Deathmatch/ slayer is the most played game in the world. rankings are based on kill/death ratio. Its simple create groups that have as close to the same k/d ratio. A first semester programmer could write the code for you.

You could start with just that... Nothing else.... Its the most played game on the planet guys the reason why is simple... ITS FUN

And make some more hut ball maps. On xbox you can make your own maps and play on them. Maybe 3 team hut ball or anything other than 1 stinking map.

And for Gods sake please make tab targeting 10 times better then it will only suck.

2 individual accounts un subbed from this poor excuse for a "fix / update" don't promise things you are not able to provide, and for god sakes update the people who keep you in business sooner....

Tera anyone?

No.

Go away already if you don't have the patience to wait for something to be fixed, implemented.

It's better to delay if some problem showed up than to release a broken feature.

Bioware is doing a good job, some things can always go wrong and not according to plan in an MMO.

Well, I would say that this patch ends PVP but that would imply that there ever was decent PVP in this game.

Great PVE/Single Person game.

Terrible concept for an MMO. I hope Lucas is Happy with killing off SWG for this CRAP.

And to add to it, the dev responses are so similar to SWG.... I am just waiting for Working as Intended, then I know all is right in the game, lmao...... Epic Fail Bioware.

Edited by Olindraske

Thank you for the Free Month BW. You didn't have to do that. A free Tauntaun would have been enough to make me feel warm and fuzzy.

However, this does not exempt the PvP Dev Team from stepping up their game. They really need to start doing better, from Gabe to the assistants. I think a dedicated Lead PvP Dev would go a long way to improve the situation. Gabe may be juggling too many balls trying to keep both the PvE and PvP endgame up to snuff.

OK, now that sounds like someone in the 'KNOW'. PVP Just flat *** BLOWS!!!!.

If these comments above help so be it. Someone needs to do something as PVP is all but completely dead.

Patch 1.5 ....where did everyone go? Fleet players: 3 Friends online: 1 Guild members: 1:eek:

this IS of course if they dont find a way to merge servers within the next 6 months :p

Merging servers in the first 6 months.... Spells very bad things for the game, lmao.... and we lost SWG for this.....:eek:

NO ONE WORRY.

BIOWARE APPRECIATES US SO THEY'LL GIVE US 30 DAYS ON FREE GAMEPLAY.

Problem with that? yes.

The 30 days starts at the END OF THE BILLING SESSION. 1st of the month, so we've had 13 and we have 17 days before last bill.

They aren't giving you free gametime to test the game's "new features" (GUILDBANK ISN'T A FEATURE, NOR IS USER INTERFACE CONTROL), they know that if you continue to play into next month, giving you the free 30 days isn't a problem becuase you are a biodrone and sub'd for life.

Dont get me wrong I like it because it gives people a reason to work for what they get in Valor or Commendations... HOWEVER! What I don't like is the fact that a new lvl 50 WORKING on trying to get coms and valor for gear is next to impossible because you have all these heavily geared pvpers picking them off as if they were lvl 1's. So it would make all the heavily geared pvpers easy to get coms and valor but the people just starting out dont get anything.

I played 20 games today on my new lvl 50 and I was in 1 winning group... I played 30 games yesterday on my geared to the bone pvp character and won them all. It's not fair for the people with new lvl 50's trying and working their hardest to do all these Warzones and not get anything from them... So by saying that...

I propose that pvp gear should have an item level and if your gear is above said specified lvl then you get to go against people who share your item lvl.

For example I'm sure ALOT of you played WoW, right? Well in WoW you have to have a certain gear score to do certain things and get into certain places.

I'm trying to help so that people dont get discouraged. Stick the people with BM gear with the BMers, the Artifact geared pvpers with the Artifact players so on and so forth.

Now I may get alot of hype for saying what I've said and I'm sure I'll only get it from the people who like having it easy but I'm not sorry for what I just wrote here because it's something that needs to happen in order for things to be fair for all players both new (lvl 50's) and expierienced geared lvl 50's.

Dont get me wrong I like it because it gives people a reason to work for what they get in Valor or Commendations... HOWEVER! What I don't like is the fact that a new lvl 50 WORKING on trying to get coms and valor for gear is next to impossible because you have all these heavily geared pvpers picking them off as if they were lvl 1's. So it would make all the heavily geared pvpers easy to get coms and valor but the people just starting out dont get anything.

I played 20 games today on my new lvl 50 and I was in 1 winning group... I played 30 games yesterday on my geared to the bone pvp character and won them all. It's not fair for the people with new lvl 50's trying and working their hardest to do all these Warzones and not get anything from them... So by saying that...

I propose that pvp gear should have an item level and if your gear is above said specified lvl then you get to go against people who share your item lvl.

For example I'm sure ALOT of you played WoW, right? Well in WoW you have to have a certain gear score to do certain things and get into certain places.

I'm trying to help so that people dont get discouraged. Stick the people with BM gear with the BMers, the Artifact geared pvpers with the Artifact players so on and so forth.

Now I may get alot of hype for saying what I've said and I'm sure I'll only get it from the people who like having it easy but I'm not sorry for what I just wrote here because it's something that needs to happen in order for things to be fair for all players both new (lvl 50's) and expierienced geared lvl 50's.

till they offer cross server queing this isnt possible as the que times would be stupid, especially on low populated servers

yes why can't they just push it out all broken like so we can play? I swear we won't complain when it doesn't work right. :rolleyes:

Think the whole point was this was the MAIN reason a LOT of people actually resubbed, you know PAID MONEY and came back just not to have this in 1.2 is total horse **** to be honest. They had enough time to test it all (hell they had enough time to test this game within the 10 years of development) yet its broken as ****, and their patches are breaking the game more and more it seems as it goes along performance seems to be getting worse, in beta I never had these issues (and same with a lot of people that now report they are having issues) its like a structure (but is a game instead) that is being held together but 10,000 band aids, instead of being a solid structure its got cracks and splits and chunks missing but just covered by these band aids to hold it together and keep it working, its REALLY bad, the programmers and management should be fired, and EA should be ashamed for taking the cheap route out after the voice acting sucked all the money dry instead of giving them more time and moolah to invest in a DECENT engine and get it all right.

I wanted to make a go of this one, really thought it had potential. I was never into the whole lvling experience and what not like my brother, but i really enjoy pvp and was hoping the patch would balance out some classes, but it just OPed the OP and thus making the weak weaker and all but removed any decent healer completely. SO I join my brother who quit months ago. Subsciption cancelled. That gives u 3 days to get yer rated 8 mans out bio! LoL cuz I wont be coming back once I am done.

Merging servers in the first 6 months.... Spells very bad things for the game, lmao.... and we lost SWG for this.....:eek:

Just that quote from you shows that you and most of these people posting about this game have no idea what a good game is.

Swg was dead since nge and then SOE killed it again with CU. To even sit there typing that garbage is just mind boggling. Half of you dont deserve to be on these forums but the CSR think what your posting is constructive. Guess bioware need more QQ to change / nerf something else.

And all most of you are doing is trolling in a nice way. Bottom line is Tor is better than anything on the market right now. People cried and B*&^% and moaned to get bioware to released the game... now their crying about end game and 90% of the people who are at end game cheated to get there. Some skipped everything via quests while others just flat out cheated.

Same can be said about pvp. Before bioware made the fix most if not all of the warlord or what ever its called here used cheats and what not to get their... now your complaining about there being nothing to do.

And who's fault is that... bioware didnt ask you to cheat and race to end game.

And before anyone brings up WOW... wow had no pvp and 1 instance for end game before they added bwl. Pvp in that game if you were not on a pvp server was fighting at Tarren mills vs south shore. And even when pvp made it into the game instance is thw alterac valley and 1 match in that game went on for at least 3 days starting friday night and ending monday mornings.

So QQ as much as you want ... bioware is on the right track and if you dont like it...

BYE.

wow 333 pages of replies, I didn't get a chance to read most of them, but my only post and probably my last.

To the poster above me saying this game is on the right track, I've heard that before it was a game called warhammer published by EA and they merged servers within 6 months as well and where is that game now?, F2P as this game will be in a few months as well. Is this game better than wow, since it's virtually a wow clone with a few twists to the crafting/companions. Not really. I gave this game to 1.2 to wow me with it's legacy system or whatever they could come up with, and as soon as I logged on and saw the changes, I could feel the end to the game. At least with hub games like GW it was free for basically the same concept, well I've already unsubbed so I guess I don't care anymore, but laughed my *** off when 2 days later I see they offer me 30 days free play. A sign of desperation perhaps.

I'm not one to post /unsubbed, I'm outta here rant, it's more for the gaming industry to see where they are failing and what they can do better to give us a good product. And for the ppl that play games to start standing up to gaming companies and stop buying thier obvious crappy products.

This game for instance played on the Starwars name alone to garner and a few hundred thousand players, some of those hardcore guys that thought this was the next coming of christ are already gone.

If this game wasn't about the money and more about giving the ppl want they want and back those promises up maybe, and maybe keep innovating some new stuff, instead of copying from wow/gw/masseffect (list more if need be) you'd wouldn't have lost this game already.

I must say as a whole I've been so very disappointed with the directions of games in the last 15 years, it's all bells/whisltes, oooohhhh look something shiny. Achievements, MP on SP games, fill in more if you like, the list could go on and on.

Just tired of this crap.

Have fun with your games and wish ya the best of luck in the future Bioware, plz stick with what you do best SP games.

Edited by bryanboomer

No, Windows Solitaire holds that title among computer games.

Point taken. My point was in games people try to inflict harm on fellow players in a virtual environment slayer/deathmatch holds the record. Maybe they should make russian solitaire, I would play it a lot.

I've heard that before it was a game called warhammer published by EA and they merged servers within 6 months as well and where is that game now?, F2P

Actually warhammer online is not free to play. it's still going strong albeit anemic. Ironically it was bioware that killed WAR. They literally took all but 4 or 5 employees working on WAR and put them on swtor. I will never forgive them for that now giving how *********** abysmal swtor pvp is. At least warhammer had a chance at being a good game.

Gabe may be juggling too many balls

he isn't juggling them he is dropping them.

Man, the issue here is THE LAST MINUTE NOTICE GUISED AS "OH SORRY WE JUST DECIDED 12 HOURS PRE-PATCH TO NIX RATEDS."

If I were Erickson, I would be utterly embarassed to put that message out. At least look us in the face when you appologize. i.e. tell us that rateds weren't ready when you actually decided not to deploy them, not 12 hours before patch release. Give your paying-base more credit than this- we are smart enough to realize that you knew well before you announced.

There will still be fanbois who claim that he really did make a decision that close to the patch. Doesn't unprogramming the rateds out take longer than that? Even if not, poor, poor communication.

he isn't juggling them he is dropping them.

Man, the issue here is THE LAST MINUTE NOTICE GUISED AS "OH SORRY WE JUST DECIDED 12 HOURS PRE-PATCH TO NIX RATEDS."

If I were Erickson, I would be utterly embarassed to put that message out. At least look us in the face when you appologize. i.e. tell us that rateds weren't ready when you actually decided not to deploy them, not 12 hours before patch release. Give your paying-base more credit than this- we are smart enough to realize that you knew well before you announced.

There will still be fanbois who claim that he really did make a decision that close to the patch. Doesn't unprogramming the rateds out take longer than that? Even if not, poor, poor communication.

You must have never been anywhere near software development in your life if you really believe that these things can't happen right down to the last minute. Not that that is overly terrible but as a developer myself, this type of thing can happen at any time. It isn't uncommon in the world of software development.

You are overreacting in a pretty big way just based on your flawed reasoning.