Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for a noob question but this is the first time I've heard of this. Am I hearing this right? That the intention is to make the best PvP gear attainable for only those that queue as a premade?

i saved up 2000 ranked warzone tokens, but the vendor wont sell me the war hero boots. I have the bm boots and thee 2k ranked tokens, but vendor says 'cannot afford the item'.

Whats the point of doing wz if theres no reward after bm available?

you have to unequip BM to trade it for WH. ^^^^^

Edited by Itathor

i want to see 1000 pages cause maybe then they will listen

Ahh, but, they should have listened after page 1.

All my in-game friends have left, primarily because of this. The timing of this fiasco absolutely sucked for Bioware. Think Tera, Diablo 3, GW2... etc etc.

The only good thing left in this game: The 30 days free that will last past May 15th... ;-)

So 1000 pages? lol, highly unlikely.

is the game fun? yes. is it the full time only game i play? no, and i'd be surprised if it's the only game others play. there's seriously enough to fun to be had in this game without having to have everything that other mmo's developed slowly over several years put in 2 patches.

it takes a lot of time coding im sure to get things working just right, and i like how BW has taken their time to do things better. are something still not perfect? of course, but they've given extra game time etc to help with this.

im sure that if servers can't pvp against each other soon, there will be some adjustment method to move to places with more peeps, but it wouldn't make sense to do any kind of migration before other big releases that might just lead to more migrations after that.

it's easy to be jaded by bad mmo experiences in the past, but take a minute to see whats up, maybe try those other games out and see, but calling it quits on any game as some knee jerk reaction is never a good way of having fun (you know, the "reason" we play these games?)

but calling it quits on any game as some knee jerk reaction is never a good way of having fun (you know, the "reason" we play these games?)

for a lot of us it was the last straw, last attempt. Not a "knee jerk reaction."

So I'm a big Star Wars fan, but with the new Guild Wars coming out that's free, and I spends hours each day waiting on que's for warzones that aren't ranked as promised, why am I gonna continue playing this game again? (MMM love them run on sentences) Please answer me this. I think the worst part is that us gamers, the ones from whom the money flows, are always kept in the dark. At least give us a date to look forward to.

I have a BH Merc with full Battle Master gear that I spent all this time getting, now I wait longer in wz ques than ever, I'm getting owned by everyone else it seams like. I play about 20 WZ and still can't seem to win 3 in a given day just to get my daily. *** Bioware, PVP used to be fun, I could even deal with trying to beat a prerolled team once in a while which I felt was a challenge. I hope to God someone from Bioware reads this, I understand having gear help to beat the other players, but with activation times of 1.5 seconds I'm getting owned by every fing glowstick that two hits me and I'm dead......not to mention all the stunlock I deal with, why don't you give a reward for being stunned the most, cause I'll be on top of that leaderboard for sure, I'm not going to claim to be the best player but I'm usually in the top 3 in DPS and now I still am mostly but why the **** does it seam to me I'm on the loosing team that gets rolled over and over and over......booo I have Cybertech and have all the nice purple grenades, what a *********** waste.....seriously in real life you can throw more than one grenade, why do all of them need to be on the same cool down?? Plus they have absolutley no range on them to throw, change this to letting me click on a player and throw it at them, and keep the CD for THAT grenade so I can use the other 4 in a WZ, it seams if u don't take biochem your SOL Why is it when I stun someone they ignor , when I stun them again after that they get out of it.....boooo Bioware................signed grinding to War Hero as an owned Bounty Hunter Merc

I have a BH Merc with full Battle Master gear that I spent all this time getting, now I wait longer in wz ques than ever, I'm getting owned by everyone else it seams like. I play about 20 WZ and still can't seem to win 3 in a given day just to get my daily. *** Bioware, PVP used to be fun, I could even deal with trying to beat a prerolled team once in a while which I felt was a challenge. I hope to God someone from Bioware reads this, I understand having gear help to beat the other players, but with activation times of 1.5 seconds I'm getting owned by every fing glowstick that two hits me and I'm dead......not to mention all the stunlock I deal with, why don't you give a reward for being stunned the most, cause I'll be on top of that leaderboard for sure, I'm not going to claim to be the best player but I'm usually in the top 3 in DPS and now I still am mostly but why the **** does it seam to me I'm on the loosing team that gets rolled over and over and over......booo I have Cybertech and have all the nice purple grenades, what a *********** waste.....seriously in real life you can throw more than one grenade, why do all of them need to be on the same cool down?? Plus they have absolutley no range on them to throw, change this to letting me click on a player and throw it at them, and keep the CD for THAT grenade so I can use the other 4 in a WZ, it seams if u don't take biochem your SOL Why is it when I stun someone they ignor , when I stun them again after that they get out of it.....boooo Bioware................signed grinding to War Hero as an owned Bounty Hunter Merc

Posts like these make me chuckle.

As far as I'm concerned.. They can just get rid of all Warzones.. I queued up for some today.. did 4 of them.. ALL 4 we were outnumbered 2 to 1 literally.. It was either 4 against 8.. or 4 against 7.. or 3 against 6 or more.. It was a joke.. I didn't get ONE kill in 3 of the WZ.. The other side was farming us at the spawn points..... WORST PvP I have ever played in.. It's a game killer

Without the ranked warzones the premades are running rampant on ordinary warzones making wz pvp a most unpleasant experience, i for one have already unsubbed and just running the remaining free one month that i have until Diablo III comes out in pvp, if they dont do somethibg about these premade groups and overpowered classes like jedi sentinels and sith marauders then Bioware should expect an accelerated dwindling of subs in this game. Edited by celebrei

I hear Blizzard removed pvp from Diablo 3 after promising it on release.. Whats up with that?.. What a terrible company

we ultimately felt that delaying the whole game purely for PvP would just be punishing to everyone who's waiting to enjoy the campaign and core solo/co-op content,

PVPer exceptionalism can really drag down a game community. It's not all about PVP.

Do we have another ETA than "soon"? One day before release, they discovered ranked warzones were not "working as intended", but it was one month ago...

So what now? Just give us something else than "soon". Next month? Next year? Never? Or i don't know, maybe your developpers have only one arm and can only code very slowly or something...:rak_02:

P.S. Or just tell me they got fired and i'll be glad...

Edited by Kesphin

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not but a good portion of the developers have not logged on since April, Greg Zoeller for example is one of them. I am willing to bet they have all been relocated and are now working on a new game and the most we will get is maybe 1 or 2 more patches and then EA will cut this game when they break even on how much it cost.

I would imagine there will be a number of cuts to the Dev team.

The customer base is unforgiving. It seems that Bioware missed the key point that voiceovers are irrelevant after the first time through. I have literally not listened to a single voiceover in 4 months. My spacebar gets a good workout.

It is gameplay and the content that you are playing that is relevant. The voiceovers are not.

Ranked WZ is an important part of what I want to play. I don't care much about Group Finder but it is essential. Cross server queues for WZ are essential.

Basic game mechanics that should've been in from launch. And if they were, there would be less QQ.

Anyway, what is the update on RWZ? I've not heard anything for ages. When will it hit Test server?

• 2 weeks later...
1.2 is now 42 days old and STILL not even 8er invite for BGs. Is there anything to say, but what the heck are you doing exactly, just drinking coffee the whole damn day? Get up and fix it, we pay good money for playing your game. BioWare no wonder why your customers are leaving..... This game has so much potential and you doing nothing with it, AND the way you handle RANKED WARZONES are totally unproffessional, AT LEAST GIEV US A FKING DATE WHEN IT WILL COME OUT. You will continue to lose subscribers cause of your seemingly unloved pvp section!!!! DO YOU WANT the PvP players (who proberly make properly 40% of your subscribers) to go away.... Edited by Alrinea