Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about a half-response. So are we suppose to assume that all the pvp changes with gear and comms suppose to not be implemented as well?

How about a more clear and concise answer regarding the entire subject not just "no rated wz's - fin".

I'm fine with them implementing it later fixed and not half-broken full of exploits and bugs.

Just clarify for all of us who have been waiting for the new gear and pvp modification changes.

I may be crazy, but it seems pretty clear to me that everything except Ranked Warzones is still in the patch.

Epic fail. 7 hours before patch and you drop this bomb? Oh I'm sure you guys JUST now realized you needed more time. :rolleyes:

How are we going to acquire new war hero gear then? Or is that just simply out the window as well.

When people think back about what went wrong with this game and why it became another failed mmo, this is the moment they'll remember.

Nah, for me at least it was the 3 HUGE Ilum Changes that basically destroyed all open world pvp in this game.

But this one pretty much destroyed the other half of pvp in this game ^_^

we need a straight up, yes or no answer right now.

will we be able to queue 8 person groups in regular warzones?

the dev-speak in that announcement was so ambiguous its not even funny, and if i can avoid paying more money for this game i would very much like to

the dev-speak in that announcement was so ambiguous its not even funny, and if i can avoid paying more money for this game i would very much like to

No

You will not

Fuel the rage

Yeah, I gotta say that maybe Bioware could disable solo ranked queuing for 1.2 but require a full 8 player op to queue up for ranked warzones. A lot of people are understandably unhappy with this, even if it is a rather rough system. Heck, even allowing a full 8 player group to queue up for NORMAL warzones would be better than nothing, Bioware. This is a pretty big screw up.

• Dev Post
Talk about a half-response. So are we suppose to assume that all the pvp changes with gear and comms suppose to not be implemented as well?

The new gear and commendation changes haven't been removed - players will not be able to queue for Ranked Warzones, but War Hero gear can be obtained.

Dropped the ball big time here.

With absolutely no exaggeration this will be seen as a tremendous detrement to SWTOR's future success.

Unless Ranked WZs come out within a week or two this game is pretty much done since a large chunk of the people that un-subbed won't be coming back.

Especially if it takes too long and other games start to come out... (D3, GW2)

You can't just cancel Rated Warzones like this at the last moment right before you deploy a major patch. If you knew you had problems/ balancing problems then you should have announced a week ago that this was going to be post-poned how unprofessional on your part bioware i am extremely dissapointed. All i can say is Diablo 3 is coming out soon, see yah later.

No.

Even when there were ranked warzones in 1.2 we weren't going to be able to queue 5+ people into regular warzones. There's no way they're adding it now.

What the hell has bioware been doing all this time? That was the only good thing about 1.2, and it's not coming... so useless, so bad. But what am I crying about? We have guild banks!(several months after release) Oh, and an amazing new flashpoint! WE ARE SO PROUD OF OUR DIALOGUES. Stop trolling players bioware, please

PvP was the main allure in SW:TOR, next to Operations. With ranked warzones being pulled out of the Legacy patch, and only 4 new bosses being introduced as progression content for those who do them, it's not nearly enough for me to do to pay for this game on a regular basis.

I'm not the least impressed by the large promises given, when half of them are either half-arsed or pulled back. I've patiently told myself that it's a brand new game, and there will always be hiccups with it, so I haven't fuzzed much when it comes to bugs and some shortages (such as the absolute lack of animations when you use /s, and the odd removal of visibility of /e crossfaction, not being able to sit on chairs, and the /sit looking like a dubious sexual invite from a teenager, which ruined my RP experience with the game too), but when the only thing keeping me playing is being pulled back... well, thanks for the ride and good luck.

Congratulations Bioware on Your artistic vision regarding the contents of the patch 1.2 it is incredible, I salute you.

Can you make this game more like Dragon Age 2 in patch 1.3? You know, we press a button and something AWESOME happens!!!

At the very least they should be throwing us a bone and implementing 8 man queues. To cancel it like this with no backup or consolation is terrible business. 7 hours before the patch. My mind is blown. What a slap in the face to the consumer base.

The first phase will be full team, eight-player queuing only

I left wow because of that, if they do the same now at Tor - I am gone.

I was so looking forward to solo queue pvp and now they are going the same way like Blizz did, with only premade pvp?

Thats a very bad move BW, I never complain but thats a serious issue and a slap in the face of many that were waiting for solo ranked.

the new gear and commendation changes haven't been removed - players will not be able to queue for ranked warzones, but war hero gear can be obtained.

we don't care about the carrot. We want to not join with pugs. We want to have competition.

Edited by HuntinSikness