Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

While this comes as a huge disappointment I am not going to ragequit because of it. I can however understand Bioware to a certain degree, cause I don't think they want ranked warzones to be half finished with lots and lots of bugs. To me this shows that they DO care about us.

I will not unsubscribe for this matter.

They acknowledged the player base wanted PvP content after the first month of launch and said they would be dedicating resources to PvP... what have they done since then for PvP? Failed. They had plenty of time to do ranked warzones, or make some version of open world pvp... They failed.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait so this just means we have to wait a bit longer for epeen?

Oh how ever shall we survive?

Um, wasn't running around as Valor 60 or higher, with battle master sorta an indication of how super awesome we were?

This is actually a good thing. The longer we can stave off the attention and adulation whores the better - MMO PVP rank in the beginning will mean nothing except that you probably exploited in Ilum and have been raking in easy wins because you're already stacked with Battle master.

Things will work itself out - though. In time, all the pretenders will get beaten by the people under rank 60, and the good players will continue on.

Well, I have two guesses to why.

1. The system for increasing and decreasing rating was not functioning properly.

2. Due to several servers have very low populations, the addition of ranked warzones would just make things not fun.

Any chance we could get information on this other path to get War Hero gear?

3. Massive changes to class abilities, gear, and general balance that haven't been tested in a live environment.

The planned pre-season would be pretty painful on my server. There seem to be around 20 republic and maybe 10 imperials queued on any given night. With not everyone in full battlemaster gear yet, that would basically end up meaning the server will have one team per side that fights each other over and over and over and o

I'm sure BW have a perfectly good reason for delaying ranked WZ's. Do you want a crap ranked wz system? or one that might have added a game breaking bug? I love your rage logic.

I thought this was why they delayed the patch so long.. to fix things.

At one point they said it would launch early march.

Translation: "We know darn well that the class changes we made, particularly to healers, are going to be a freekin disaster in PvP and will generate significant irritation, frustration and forum rage posts and we don't want to make it even worse by letting people experiment with a "Preseason" to get some sense of just how screwed they are in terms of gaining ranking or even a spot on a team if they play something like a Corruption Sorcerer. Therefore, the live beta of ranked WZs that we're making you pay for is being delayed until we have a chance to find out just how much blowback we have to deal with in terms of new PvP imbalances." Edited by Blotter

First March.

Then "Early April".

Now "In the future".

Do the developers not realize that most of the community PvPs?

Bah.

Id bet you in RL that most of the community DOES NOT PvP... most MMOs have actually stated that, though the one who do are very hardcore/vocal about it, a lot of people don't PvP

This is what happens when you dont give guild who applied to your testing access.

We waited atleast 4 weeks and NO reply for testing and carry over.

So your basically taking the server down for a *********** pve upate

work harder you Nordics

What do you expect...gutting all the healers for PVE has made them free kills for PVP. If they went live with the state the healers are in now they would have people leaving much faster than they are now. Class balance is completely borked atm and would be the worst time for them to implement even a preseason of ranked warzones. The BS about them having great PVP testing on the PTR makes me laugh as well.

well, i wont be renewing my sub until this gets fully(as in queing 5+ people for a wz) into the game or server transfers/mergers come out. I really like this game and once loved this company but youre act needs to get together before i start paying again...wonder if ill even be interested once that happens, who knows... Edited by ForsakenKing

While i don't want a buggy ranking system, I am disappointed in Bioware. They tend to run their mouths without thinking and this leads to a very angry player base. Don't say something is coming, then last second yank it. In the future i hope they use a little more discretion... but hey that's just a hope, they prolly wont.

I too also want to know if i can Que up with an 8 man at least and not get dissolved at the end of matches. If this is still going to run Live then I would not be as upset about the last minute PvP yoinkage.

Just more proof BW only cares about their PvE'rs.

What do PvP'rs get this patch? A new set of PvP gear and tracked stats?

Simply put there is becoming very little reason for us to play this game anymore.

And go ahead, give me another infraction for posting this.

However, I must admit I can see why they took Ranked Warzones out.

The system looks like it was developed by a four year old, if they released it then not only would it break the PVP Q's, the rewards and difference between ranked and unranked are just pointless.

Edited by BendakStarkiller

Wow. Really? You are unsubbing because the devs took a long hard look at the feature, a feature they obviously REALLY wanted to get in and they make the hard but mature decision to hold it back so they can perfect it?

Would you have been happier if they had pushed the broken system with tomorrow's patch instead?

Or would you have preferred 1.2 to have been delayed completely for this feature? Because those were the only two solutions to this.

My problem isn't that they aren't giving us ranked warzones

My problem is I haven't done any worthwhile content in 2 months

sigh.

Id bet you in RL that most of the community DOES NOT PvP... most MMOs have actually stated that, though the one who do are very hardcore/vocal about it, a lot of people don't PvP

You are right, there is no PvPer in their right mind that would continue to play this game after the cluster**** of massive failures by BW in terms of PvP... enjoy your horrible PvE game.

Ranked WZs were the only new content to come out that I was excited about. I don't care about Legacy nor do I care about PvE.

I cancelled my sub last week but I was debating on re-subscribing if 1.2 proved to satisfy my expectations.

This is the final nail in the coffin: see ya BW and thank you for a mediocre 3-months game play experience.

This was what I was looking forward the most.. Also not supprised that they announced this just before they launch 1.2.. This game has been nothing but a letdown since I hit lvl 50.

So obviously there is no rated pvp gear.. AWESOME.. good job bioware. I swear May 15th can't come fast enough. D3 FTW!!!

People need to learn patience. Yes I am getting sick of bioware/EA also but to unsubscribe because a date was pushed back once or twice, how juvenile. With that said, Bioware is doing a terrible job at making changes to this game and letting the community be involved. They basically are like, we don't care what you think we are going to do it our way in the end anyway. Edited by SmearBlood