why is my launcher allready downloading patch?

jersyiii

Yes - logging in now is fine. We corrected the issue very quickly, and players who log in now will be unaffected.

And the players that did got affected what are you guys doing with that. Because after a hard day looking forward to play TOR. Now i am downloading 11 gb. I hope you guys can compensate those people with something.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight; if I want to play today I have to uninstall the game and redownload the client from scratch?

Bioware, I am done suggesting this game to anyone. I would be embarassed to be responsible for a friend giving you money at this point. I'm embarassed that I gave you any but I will fix that right now.

Either way Alison, players who have started to download are shot for the night. 11GB download is huge and will take ALL night for most, if not longer.

For once, can we actually have some REAL answers to this question

If I download the 11GB now, will I need to download 1.2 patch and if so, how big is that patch?

No.

My client started to DL the patch, but I stopped it before it started installing anything.

I can log in and play just fine.

The only people who are messed up in some way are those who DL'd and Patched.

Now, if you are one of those people then I feel for you.

If you have discs it would be quicker to install from those and patch up to the current version, rather than a full 11GB download.

All The Best

So just so I'm clear.

I downloaded the 900mb patch and started the game. I restarted the launcher and an 11gb downloaded started, which I canceled.

If I start up tomorrow I will just be able to download the remaining 1.2 data (shouldn't be a large download).

I just want to make sure starting the 11gb download didn't mess up anything with my game so I can re-download everything tonight if I have to.

That's how I read it.

And the players that did got affected what are you guys doing with that. Because after a hard day looking forward to play TOR. Now i am downloading 11 gb. I hope you guys can compensate those people with something.

sigh, get real

its just a download, start it, leave ur pc for 1 hour and its done

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Seriously?

I mean........

Seriously?

Waaaaa-ooooooow

I can't believe they're just like, sorry guys you have to dl the entire game again, some people will now miss out on doing anything pre-1.2 because of 24hour notice and this screw up.....

.... wow

You'd think for this confusion, they would compensate those that have been affected. "A small amount" could be thousands of people across the world. The funny thing is how does a team full of developers not notice they messed up the patch time. Seems like only one guy sets patch times i guess..maybe this will make em double check everything they do now.

yeah, im downloading it now myself.

i'm going to guess that they're just having some people download it early and its not active till they actually launch the patch. you know, to keep the download servers from being overwhelmed. i dunno im just guessing lol

I thought the first thing too at first, but then when I thought about it, it didn't make sense. Seeing that they have clearly stated it was an error, there was no intent to make it available for an early download.

how ridiculous, not only is the PVP server i am on DEAD, avg 3-20 ppl at fleet. wz q's take 20 min on avg and after 12am mst ques totally stop... i haven't seen pubs in days and huttball all day is ***! No server transfer or cross server qing??? i suppose its diablo for me soon... NOW this update 12gb download i am currently waiting on is another ***!!!!!!!!!!! Figure it out terrible customer service, not impressed at all.... 20 mins later 10.78 GB left sweet....

• Dev Post
So just so I'm clear.

I downloaded the 900mb patch and started the game. I restarted the launcher and an 11gb downloaded started, which I canceled.

If I start up tomorrow I will just be able to download the remaining 1.2 data (shouldn't be a large download).

I just want to make sure starting the 11gb download didn't mess up anything with my game so I can re-download everything tonight if I have to.

If you cancelled the client re-download (during the 11gb download phase, not the "installing" phase), you will be able to log in and play 1.2 tomorrow.

A 12 GB download is not a problem for me, usually. But for some reason it is throttled at 200 kbs.

I am livid.

Poor communication, poor organization and even poorer response time to a problem that may as it be affects a small amount of players in the grand scheme of things but it is still a problem.

If nothing else you could compensate those people who are forced to go over their d/l limit per week, or month.

A free week would not be amiss either.

Again my posts are getting buried as well.. IF you DLED and PATCHED the game already COPY it somewhere else!! Save it for TOMORROW! If you want to Re install from disk OR DL from wherever you bought it from ie. Origin etc. You WILL have to patch from that DL up to 1.1.5. But as long as you COPIED the patched game hypothetically you can play tomorrow using the 1.2 PATCHED launcher instead.

It's ridiculous. These guys are bozos and someone should get fired. We have to download 11gb for a HUGE mistake. Amazing. Simply amazing. I'm completely annoyed.

You are of course free to cancel, but the number of players affected is very small given that the incorrect patch release was up for ~15 minutes and many canceled the download when they got word to do so.

So because I have a superior DL speed compared to everyone else, I am to be punished? How many is a handful? Hundreds or thousands? I guess it's good my sub ends in a few days. This is the most ridiculous nonsense. At least Blizzard comped their subscribers when they messed up a patch.

Just answered my own question. I CANNOT do PTS either. I opened the launcher and since I"m patched to 1.2, it's trying to redownload everything. So I cancelled the download and closed the launcher.

No regular game and no PTS for me today. :evernmoresadface

Lot of people in the thread that have never made a mistake in their lives. Good for them.

Cut Bioware some slack folks, they've made an amazing game that you obviously value or you wouldn't be nerdraging so hard over what amounts to a few hours of downtime for a small percentage of players.

That said, it would be cool of Bioware to give out a free day-- it would be a classy touch, but we certainly don't "deserve" one. Take it down a notch drama queens.

I realized Allison Berryman probably can't make the call without consulting with her colleagues/higher ups, but it would be nice for her to tell us something along the lines of:

"We're looking into fixing this problem for people who inadvertently downloaded the content."

Instead, players are left with the IMPRESSION that they are only a "small number" so they don't really matter. I honestly feel giving a free day will go a long ways to improving BioWare's customer relations, and frankly, won't really hurt them that much. You want word of mouth advertising? Treat your customer base well, especially when it's BioWare's screw-up.

It's all about impressions with public relations, and I hope but doubt BioWare will get it right.