Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What happened to cross-server queues?

Glimmerstrike

I thought was coming in 1.2 but I dont see anything in PTS patch notes. I dont how waiting 7 hours on a WZ is not being fixed

Can someone LMK the status of this please?

Shssssss.... You're not supposed to mention that! darnett!

Edited by Quintan

I thought was coming in 1.2 but I dont see anything in PTS patch notes. I dont how waiting 7 hours on a WZ is not being fixed

Can someone LMK the status of this please?

They were never in 1.2. Never said they would be, iirc. 1.3

Cross server queues aren't the answer in my opinion. It ruins the community PvP element. Bioware needs to merge lower population servers with higher population servers in a balanced fashion. This would be the easiest and quickest solution, it's not difficult to move data from one place to another.

Cross server queues aren't the answer in my opinion. It ruins the community PvP element. Bioware needs to merge lower population servers with higher population servers

And then make me breakfast and give me a million *******s.

You've never merged servers for an mmo before, don't act like you know what it entails. BW has done a lot of stupid ****, but they would have addresses this issue if it was truly that simple.

They always said cross-server queues aren't coming in 1.2. 1.2 is pre-season. The cross-server queues should be there once season 1 starts, whenever that may be.

Woot, I can't wait for several more months of imbalanced teams and horrid queue times.

Cross server queues aren't the answer in my opinion. It ruins the community PvP element. Bioware needs to merge lower population servers with higher population servers in a balanced fashion. This would be the easiest and quickest solution, it's not difficult to move data from one place to another.

Merging servers is easier than a cross-queue, I dont think so

I don't remember server groups in WoW ruining the community but its been 6 years since I played. 7 hour queue times ruins pvp for everyone

WoW does NoT have a PvP community...know why?...cuz they have cross server ques

ok WoW players, name me 10 of your biggest in game PvP rivals

If you cant...that proves the point, WoW has no PvP community to speak of...the ONLY time WoW had any PvP community at all was early in that games life when there was Open PvP Same Server...BEFORE cross server ques

Having RIVAL players/guilds that you want to roll face on makes PvP sooooooo much better and more intense, you dont get that with cross-server ques, sorry

If you cant...that proves the point, WoW has no PvP community to speak of...the ONLY time WoW had any PvP community at all was early in that games life when there was Open PvP Same Server...BEFORE cross server ques

Having RIVAL players/guilds that you want to roll face on makes PvP sooooooo much better and more intense, you dont get that with cross-server ques, sorry

I'd rather fight different/better teams every day then wait an hour to fight my "rival" team. Playing the same people gets boring after awhile.

I have never waited 7 hours for pvp. Probably 10-15min on a light/standard population.

7 hours no. hahaha 10-15 on light/standard if you are lucky. It is normally 25-30 min wait for pvp currently. There are like 6 servers with decent numbers, rest are crap.

From 3AM to 10AM I rarely get a WZ -- That is 7 btw

So, it went from waiting 7 hours with no WZ que pop to rarely? As I was saying, the ques do take some time on low pops. Usually around 30+ min which is still WAY to long. You can see a list of all servers during the prime time of them right here.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/generalpvppop1.png

Rivals? LMAO must be a fanboi thing. I dont give 2 ***** about whom I fight ;)

yeah bioware you should also give everyone of your subscribers medication so they never sleep

3am to 10am .... come on man, youre pushing it, just roll on a server on a diff continent if this is your problem

B

I have never waited 7 hours for pvp. Probably 10-15min on a light/standard population.

Cross server queues are a must. Queue times of 2+ hrs is common on my server. Wzs pop 5pm to Midnight with many times only 1 queue running so you can easily wait 15 minutes between wzs. For a pvper..... well that is discouraging and many times has me just logout / quit for the evening.

Rivals? LMAO must be a fanboi thing. I dont give 2 ***** about whom I fight ;)

fanboy thing??? it means he likes facing off against the same people, making the fights have a lasting impact past getting your jollies off by smashing each other in the face.

and if you dont care about who you fight, then it shouldnt matter to you that you are fighting the same people.

This is so much the truth that anyone who played pvp in wow during the non cross-server times always agrees upon. History is doomed to repeat itself it seems and that makes me a sad panda.

I'd rather see a fix for people using third party programs to cheat in pvp before I see xserver.

/sigh i bet you see think every sent/mar using transcendence is speed hacking and also has a hack to take no damage , even tho 5 people are attacking them.

You've never merged servers for an mmo before, don't act like you know what it entails.

Excuse me, but just how do you know what Torti has and has not done?

If the answer isn't "I know him/her personally" then kindly stop babbling when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.