Meetra Surik(The Exile) Cooler than revan IMO

Vektarulz

Completely agreed, what's worse is Drew decided to make the entire thing mean nothing, because (I suppose I will spoiler tag this):

The Jedi Knight did not kill the Emperor, he killed the voice, the Emperor is still laughing his *** off on some planet somewhere, Scourge got it all wrong, it all meant nothing, KotOR meant nothing, all that matters if the sub numbers for this game apparently.

It didn't mean nothing, they stopped the emperor for 300 years, if he attacked earlier the republic would have fallen. Plus the knights story isn't over yet, clearly there is more to tell so he could be proven right in the end.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You told me the sources not where I can find them myself but alrighty.

Ah okay I apologise I misunderstood, I just bought it at my local Waterstones where the Campaign Guide is concerned, as far as the rest goes, I just collected them over the years, not really sure where you would find it all to be honest, shouldn't be too hard I imagine.

Ah okay I apologise I misunderstood, I just bought it at my local Waterstones where the Campaign Guide is concerned, as far as the rest goes, I just collected them over the years, not really sure where you would find it all to be honest, shouldn't be too hard I imagine.

No need to apologise, I'll search around for them then. Thanks for the info!

Completely agreed, what's worse is Drew decided to make the entire thing mean nothing, because (I suppose I will spoiler tag this):

The Jedi Knight did not kill the Emperor, he killed the voice, the Emperor is still laughing his *** off on some planet somewhere, Scourge got it all wrong, it all meant nothing, KotOR meant nothing, all that matters if the sub numbers for this game apparently.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Knight is gonna get another crack at him. :D

It didn't mean nothing, they stopped the emperor for 300 years, if he attacked earlier the republic would have fallen. Plus the knights story isn't over yet, clearly there is more to tell so he could be proven right in the end.

The Empire itself wasn't ready for those three hundred years, do remember, Vitiate wanted the Star Forge to accelerate his plans three hundred years further, but he didn't get it, would he have attacked anyway? I suppose he could have.

I don't see how it isn't over, why would the Emperor reveal to anyone but his personal hands, wrath, blah blah... that he was still alive, him being known as dead benefits him, because the war doesn't matter, it never did, it's a distraction for both the Republic and the Empire, we know what his true goal is.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

The Empire itself wasn't ready for those three hundred years, do remember, Vitiate wanted the Star Forge to accelerate his plans three hundred years further, but he didn't get it, would he have attacked anyway? I suppose he could have.

I don't see how it isn't over, why would the Emperor reveal to anyone but his personal hands, wrath, blah blah... that he was still alive, him being known as dead benefits him, because the war doesn't matter, it never did, it's a distraction for both the Republic and the Empire, we know what his true goal is.

True but the republic was still rebuilding, and the jedi were just starting to recover so if he did attack I'd say he would have a pretty good chance at winning so I think what they did was worth something.

True but the republic was still rebuilding, and the jedi were just starting to recover so if he did attack I'd say he would have a pretty good chance at winning so I think what they did was worth something.

True enough, but remember this: why would he want to win? or rather why would he want his empire to win? this stalemate our characters are fighting in benefits him, he wants the stalemate, it is the perfect distraction, if his Empire does win, they have no distraction, and suddenly these systems/planets that have been drained completely of the force start to look suspicious, and suddenly the Emperor isn't as hidden as he would like to be.

His Empire turning against him/winning or the Republic winning none of these are beneficial to him.

None of it really means anything, Bioware wants to go with the almighty Emperor mastermind story instead of something more meaningful.

I don't know maybe that is just the way I view it, call me bitter.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

True enough, but remember this: why would he want to win? or rather why would he want his empire to win? this stalemate our characters are fighting in benefits him, he wants the stalemate, it is the perfect distraction, if his Empire does win, they have no distraction, and suddenly these systems/planets that have been drained completely of the force start to look suspicious, and suddenly the Emperor isn't as hidden as he would like to be.

His Empire turning against him/winning or the Republic winning none of these are beneficial to him.

None of it really means anything, Bioware wants to go with the almighty Emperor mastermind story instead of something more meaningful.

He was able to hide what he was doing for so long who's to say if they did win he couldn't keep doing it? Not saying that the rest of the sith finding out wouldn't be a possibility. But he is considered an almighty being, almost god like to most of the empire/sith population right? Just saying that imo what Revan and The exile did was worth at least something, and the story isn't over so it might be worth more in the end.

Edited by Airmo

She got cast out of the order for doing the right thing(must of made her mad but she dident turn)

All of her friends from the mandalorian wars either were killed or fell to the darkside

(she still did not turn)

Darth Traya Bombarted her mind posing as a jedi master to trick her,teaching her Sith teachings instead of making her darkside they just made her a Grey force user like revan

and finaly she single handley rebuilds the jedi order while revan is busy hunting sith lords I mean why evreyone hate this girl she was awsome!

(although in the games you can be full darkside they made a book that canonized what happens, She was lightside but was pissed at jedi a female and named Meetra surik)

It's not so much that I hate her, I just hate kotor 2.

wait, what has the emperor been doing this whole time and where are you getting this info?

His plan isn't to conquer the republic or wipe out the Jedi, he could care less about that, he believes he has transcended the Sith and wants to do what he did to nathema to the entire galaxy and become a being of unlimited power, basically a god, this was his plan all along.

The Revan novel and the Jedi Knight story has this information.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

where was this info from? and what has the emperor been up to this whole time?

With the restoration patch playing dark side in kotor 2 was more fun than being dark side in kotor most of my dark side points in kotor came from mugging people instead of manipulating people for my own benefit and pushing companions to the dark side or using deception and treachery to destroy my enemies like kotor 2 . Well its just my opinion.

His plan isn't to conquer the republic or wipe out the Jedi, he could care less about that, he believes he has transcended the Sith and wants to do what he did to nathema to the entire galaxy and become a being of unlimited power, basically a god, this was his plan all along.

The Revan novel and the Jedi Knight story has this information.

the revan novel dont really talk about his overall plan, it tells you what happened to nathema but they played it off as the way he go immortality.

is darth malgus really dead?

Eh, I still prefer kotor I and I've seen most of the cut content.

Oh no you haven't, 2.0 is the final version of KotOR II, 1.7 is the latest patch, but do keep in mind, this is just the stuff Obsidian had made in their less than a year development span, imagine the game with two years development time or the three years KotOR got? blows my mind.

the revan novel dont really talk about his overall plan, it tells you what happened to nathema but they played it off as the way he go immortality.

is darth malgus really dead?

Yeh immortality, Lord Scourge reveals everything about what 'My Lord Emperor' has planned for the galaxy.

No idea.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Oh no you haven't, 2.0 is the final version of KotOR II, 1.7 is the latest patch, but do keep in mind, this is just the stuff Obsidian had made in their less than a year development span, imagine the game with two years development time or the three years KotOR got? blows my mind.

Dunno, I know it would be a better game then what came out but I still would probably prefer the original, maybe because it WAS the original or maybe because I think kotor I feels more like the movies as opposed to kotor II which felt more like a deconstruction of star wars to me. It doesn't really matter now since they unfortunately didn't have enough time and they can't go back and do anything about it now.

Dunno, I know it would be a better game then what came out but I still would probably prefer the original, maybe because it WAS the original or maybe because I think kotor I feels more like the movies as opposed to kotor II which felt more like a deconstruction of star wars to me. It doesn't really matter now since they unfortunately didn't have enough time and they can't go back and do anything about it now.

Personally I think KotOR was too much like the movies, this is meant to be 4,000 years before the films, the similarities made no sense, KotOR II really established the backstory and events of that time, it was dark and gave you a view point on Star Wars that wasn't through heart-shaped glasses.

Personally I think KotOR was too much like the movies, this is meant to be 4,000 years before the films, the similarities made no sense, KotOR II really established the backstory and events of that time, it was dark and gave you a view point on Star Wars that wasn't through heart-shaped glasses.

It was made that way, we all love Star Wars because of the movies so they made the game to have those similarities regardless if it made sense, which nothing about kotor I made no sense to me personally. Kotor II took all the backstory from the first though..

Darker and edgier doesn't make it better either, the different viewpoint made it interesting, which is why I really love kotor II but to me it wasn't enough to make it better. Personal opinion. =/

It was made that way, we all love Star Wars because of the movies so they made the game to have those similarities regardless if it made sense, which nothing about kotor I made no sense to me personally. Kotor II took all the backstory from the first though..

Darker and edgier doesn't make it better either, the different viewpoint made it interesting, which is why I really love kotor II but to me it wasn't enough to make it better. Personal opinion. =/

I agree and my thoughts exactly :p

u got it all wrong the hero of that tale was T3 who was killed wich is really sad :(

just as T7 is the hero of the JK story line revan and suriik was mearly his companions :p

Nah man, Revan was the hero, he beat Deadeye Duncan.

Edited by Airmo