Meetra Surik(The Exile) Cooler than revan IMO

Vektarulz

And just when I thought you were good to debate with, ah well.

Hehe, i was being Ironic. Thats basically what your going to get from everybody on these forums. You may get a Revan fanboy version, or some Vitiate Fanboy version which doesnt belong here, but everybody on this forum is biased in one way or another. Its a simple fact...

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason the revanites are so bad in the first place is because they purposefully ignore canon to put Revan on a far higher pedestal than he actually is, I don't see Exile fans doing that.

This is the internet...give time to cook.

Hehe, i was being Ironic. Thats basically what your going to get from everybody on these forums. You may get a Revan fanboy version, or some Vitiate Fanboy version which doesnt belong here, but everybody on this forum is biased in one way or another. Its a simple fact...

You'll have to forgive me, humour isn't exactly my forte and English is my third language as well, but yes, I can see what you mean.

Meetra was a master of the lightside and lightsaber combat. Revan on the other hand, was an strong adherent of the unifying force, and as such had a great deal of knowledge in both the light and the dark, evening out meetras mastery of the light were they to fight. The only real reason i would still claim that Revan is more powerful is because of the element of surprise--no one expects the spanish inq--oh sorry, i mean, no one expects to face someone using both the light and the dark, who can unleash the force in its purest form

Meetra was a master of the lightside and lightsaber combat. Revan on the other hand, was an strong adherent of the unifying force, and as such had a great deal of knowledge in both the light and the dark, evening out meetras mastery of the light were they to fight. The only real reason i would still claim that Revan is more powerful is because of the element of surprise--no one expects the spanish inq--oh sorry, i mean, no one expects to face someone using both the light and the dark, who can unleash the force in its purest form

Except Revan could not do that, in that one particular moment he achieved oneness with the force, I've told you this before, the description matches Oneness, which is the only match, as Lucas himself has stated that their is only the Dark Side and the Force, this is backed both by other sources, notably the Jedi Path sourcebook and Grand Master Luke Skywalker, you can't use both, they are polar opposites of each other and both cannot be called upon, it is impossible, as witnessed way back in the birth of the Jedi Order when a Jedi's mind literally was torn apart by trying to unleash both.

Reborn Revan is predominantly a light side user but under times of extreme stress, he will call upon the Dark Side, this is nothing special, anyone Force User can do that, the only difference is that Revan has experience with the Dark Side.

Except Revan could not do that, in that one particular moment he achieved oneness with the force, I've told you this before, the description matches Oneness, which is the only match, as Lucas himself has stated that their is only the Dark Side and the Force, this is backed both by other sources, notably the Jedi Path sourcebook and Grand Master Luke Skywalker, you can't use both, they are polar opposites of each other and both cannot be called upon, it is impossible, as witnessed way back in the birth of the Jedi Order when a Jedi's mind literally was torn apart by trying to unleash both.

Reborn Revan is predominantly a light side user but under times of extreme stress, he will call upon the Dark Side, this is nothing special, anyone Force User can do that, the only difference is that Revan has experience with the Dark Side.

no you misunderstand me. i wasn't saying that was him combining them or anything, you got me on that i was wrong. i was saying that he just released the force, not the light or the dark. people aren't exactly expecting someone to come at them using just the force, rather than the light or the dark side. and there's also the fact that hes one of the few users who actually will use powers on both sides of the spectrum(again, no, not simultaneously)

other than that, i would say his knowledge and willingness to use both sides evens out with meetras mastery of the light making them about even in a straight fight, only advantages revans got really is strategy, which meetra has got too, tho most sources seem to claim revan is better at it, if only slightly, surprise, in that they would have to counter both light and dark powers, though i honestly dont know if this is big at all, and maybe lightsaber combat. idk who is actually superior in lightsaber combat, revan defeated malak multiple times, right after defeating bastila multiple times, and fought off an unending army of droids sith etc, but meetra--well im sure you know well what meetra has done, so i wont go through the trouble of listing that.

TL;DR: he didnt use them both simultaneously, but he can use them both(and will) and can also use just the force-not the light or darkside. other than surprise and maybe lightsaber combat they are about equal.

no you misunderstand me. i wasn't saying that was him combining them or anything, you got me on that i was wrong. i was saying that he just released the force, not the light or the dark. people aren't exactly expecting someone to come at them using just the force, rather than the light or the dark side. and there's also the fact that hes one of the few users who actually will use powers on both sides of the spectrum(again, no, not simultaneously)

other than that, i would say his knowledge and willingness to use both sides evens out with meetras mastery of the light making them about even in a straight fight, only advantages revans got really is strategy, which meetra has got too, tho most sources seem to claim revan is better at it, if only slightly, surprise, in that they would have to counter both light and dark powers, though i honestly dont know if this is big at all, and maybe lightsaber combat. idk who is actually superior in lightsaber combat, revan defeated malak multiple times, right after defeating bastila multiple times, and fought off an unending army of droids sith etc, but meetra--well im sure you know well what meetra has done, so i wont go through the trouble of listing that.

TL;DR: he didnt use them both simultaneously, but he can use them both(and will) and can also use just the force-not the light or darkside. other than surprise and maybe lightsaber combat they are about equal.

Point of order, "Just the Force" is in fact the Light Side. That is the natural state of the Force.

Point of order, "Just the Force" is in fact the Light Side. That is the natural state of the Force.

perhaps it is, i cant say whether it is or not. the dark side certainly seems perverted enough to me(hence why the only empire characters i have are a ls bh and a ls IA). but i still dont see how that defeats the point of my argument. however, after going back over my argument, could i ask someone to tell me my point? i think a few posts ago i pretty much gave in and basically agree with the other guy.

i think maybe i was just saying that though meetra knows the ls better, revan uses them both and this gives him an element of surprise that might make him stronger? idk really. like i said, i think the only reason im even arguing at all anymore is for old times sake, and all my old revanite friends, seeing how going back over both their stories, meetra is a much more interesting and, well, heroic(as in she didnt fall to the darkside twice...)

Edited by Jedikillar

"He opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers."

Nuff said.

Edited by Deviss

And Who LET him do it? Lucasarts, because at the end of the day Lucasarts had to give him permission to use the Starwars IP, and they did

You do realize that individual parts of C-Canon novelizations can be considered N-Canon, right? For example, the Clone Madness that happened in Timothy Zhan's Heir to the Empire trilogy was made completely N-Canon by the making of The Clone Wars and all affiliated content, yet the rest of the novels are still considered C-Canon.

True Dat....

Karpyshyn ****s up all my favourite characters :(

he did a decent enough job with the first bane novel. ofc, that was banes origin so we hadnt heard of him so he couldnt really screw him up. but point still stands. kinda. meh?

reading that line again certainly explains why i was confused on it for a a while. you've got to admit it can be confusing for someone who refuses to read anything revolving around the movies, or characters from the movies(alright, thats a flat out lie, but i do always read something from the old republic period if possible over movie or later. i just dont find the movie period as interesting.)

I cringe whenever i read something else lucas did with his own IP. He should have just made the movies and let it go. the original trilogy, not the prequals. if anyone was going to do the prequals, it should have been...well, anyone but lucas. i really should have someone really should have assassinated lucas after special edition.

meetra > revan in coolness.

meetra ≈ revan in power(many factors to consider here, and since we really cant put them against each other, the fact of the matter is we don't know. after seeing everyones post here, and having personally read some of his books, its pretty obvious to me drew is an extreme revan fanboi.)

Edited by Jedikillar

he did a decent enough job with the first bane novel. ofc, that was banes origin so we hadnt heard of him so he couldnt really screw him up. but point still stands. kinda. meh?

reading that line again certainly explains why i was confused on it for a a while. you've got to admit it can be confusing for someone who refuses to read anything revolving around the movies, or characters from the movies(alright, thats a flat out lie, but i do always read something from the old republic period if possible over movie or later. i just dont find the movie period as interesting.)

I cringe whenever i read something else lucas did with his own IP. He should have just made the movies and let it go. the original trilogy, not the prequals. if anyone was going to do the prequals, it should have been...well, anyone but lucas. i really should have someone really should have assassinated lucas after special edition.

meetra > revan in coolness.

meetra ≈ revan in power(many factors to consider here, and since we really cant put them against each other, the fact of the matter is we don't know. after seeing everyones post here, and having personally read some of his books, its pretty obvious to me drew is an extreme revan fanboi.)

Actually the first Bane novel had quite a bit of pre-existing source material behind it, and I think part of the second one as well. That's why half way through the second one and the third one aren't nearly as good as the first.

Actually the first Bane novel had quite a bit of pre-existing source material behind it, and I think part of the second one as well. That's why half way through the second one and the third one aren't nearly as good as the first.

hmm. thats sad to hear. im still in the process of obtaining the others but i honestly did enjoy the first one. ofc, i honestly enjoyed the revan novel as well, but they(i claim EA, but most claim bioware and drew did it.) screwed meetra over, and revan even more. revan had to come back in the game and go completely nuts. meetra at least got to die a hero.

i also realised as i was going through kotor 2 again that people claim that traya/kreia didnt know how powerful revan was, when she claimed that meetra was her greatest student, and also that she only claimed that because the exile was the means to accomplish her goals. but iirc, she actually admits that that was just her cover or something, and that she was making sure meetra was ready to go back to war with revan, and also im positive that she mentions at other points during the game events that happened during the revan novel, suggesting that she know all about what revan had been up to of late(i.e: revan telling canderous to become mandalore and unite the clans before leaving again).

Man, i cant wait to read all the novels from all you NYT best selling authors that are posting!

Just because your a best selling author doesn't mean your good...... Write a book with a massive fanbase already and your going to sell.

Also, there was a thread a few months back where we re-wrote chapters from the book, same info, just written better, and i have to admit, most of ours were better than Drews.