Coolest Voice In The Game.

Captain_Zone

The Emperor and Dread Master Raptus. All the Dread Masters have cool voices but none beat Raptus, and who could forget Emperor Pinhead's voice? BTW, anyone know what accent or whatever Raptus has? His voice isn't 'average' but I'm not sure how to describe it.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this even a discussion? Jennifer Hale provided the perfect voice for the female trooper. It wasn't overly feminized like some of the other voices and was perfect in pitch and roughness to suit a military commander in the republic military. Her incredible voice acting is entirely the reason that I have never rolled a male trooper. Or ever played a male character in mass effect 3 as she voiced femshep. I just find the voice perfectly fitting the combat style, rp style and speech options provided to the female trooper, and the romance with aric jorgan as far as voices go is just incredible.

Why is this even a discussion? Jennifer Hale provided the perfect voice for the female trooper. It wasn't overly feminized like some of the other voices and was perfect in pitch and roughness to suit a military commander in the republic military. Her incredible voice acting is entirely the reason that I have never rolled a male trooper. Or ever played a male character in mass effect 3 as she voiced femshep. I just find the voice perfectly fitting the combat style, rp style and speech options provided to the female trooper, and the romance with aric jorgan as far as voices go is just incredible.

Because people are entitled to feel or think differently; Part of the human condition. Look it up.

I dunno, maybe some people are just turned off by her "RAWR!!! I have to sound tougher than Brian Bloom in everything!!!" voice. Or people just like Brian Bloom and Mark Meer's voices better.

And what Darth Wicked said.

• 1 year later...
I know this is pretty late in replying, but I'm pretty new to SWTOR. Fave voices are tied; Andronicos and Grand Moff Regus. Andronicos is the dude that did the voice for Pyre Fierceshot and Rytlock Brimstone in GW and GW2 (always liked his deep voice). And the voice for Regus is the guy that played in Rose Red (he has a voice that can talk you into bed. kinda like Sean Connery)

Quinn's voice is super hot and sexy to me. Some things he says just makes me need to change my drawers.

Doc's got a sexy voice too, but slightly different reason why it's sexy.

Theron Shan is sexy. His voice actor does Zenith also, but Zenith turns me on in about the same way hot **** on the floor of a fast food place would.

Love the female Agent's voice. Doesn't matter what species you play as, it can fit real well.

I like the male agent's voice, but I've personally found that it only really works for a male sith pureblood agent. I tried different species when I was making him and no one fit the bill correctly except for my sith pureblood male.

Vitiate's voice. He's an evil as hell bastard, but **** if Doug Bradley doesn't play evil awesomely!!

NPC's in order of best to next best: Baras, Marr, Jadus,

Companions in order of best to next best

Khem Val, M1-4X/, Tanno Vik, Scorpio, Kaliyo, Andronikos Revel, Talos Drellik, V-R8, C2-N2. (I liked Xalek's V/A work, but somehow I didn't think it matched a bone-mask wearing lizard-man. You know?)

Player Characters in order of best to next best:

Male Sith Inquisitor = early missions, cocky and oozes confidence and a casual disregard to those in power above him. Later years, his voice is the voice of a man who expects absolute obedience, a voice of a man of real power.

Male Sith Warrior = early missions, cocky and oozes confidence. Later years, ruthless and unforgiving. His words constitute a sentence of death.

Female Sith Inquisitor: early missions, cocky and filled with mockery of her betters. Later years, her voice is the voice of a woman who would rather kill dissidents than to try to convince them to follow her.

Female Bounty Hunter: Business as usual. Don't get on her bad side. Otherwise, you'll be fine (as long as you're not her mark).

Male Imperial Agent: Consummate professional. No funny business, no qualms about doing what needs doing - (doesn't even blink) even if it's ugly and messy.

Male Bounty Hunter: He just want's to kill things. Oh, O.K.! Fine! He'll bring it in alive! Are you happy now?

Honorable mentions:

NPC's: Too many to name. The V/A work in this game is pure awesome.

Companions: Pierce, Xalek, Vector, Lokin, Kira, Lord Scourge.

Player Characters: Dark side / middle ground, male Jedi Knight.

Totally found annoying: Female Jedi Counselor, Male Jedi Counselor.

Baras is easily my favorite NPC in any MMO, his voice actor knocked it out of the park with some of those lines. Especially the torture scenes on Dromund Kaas.

Baras: AAARRRRRGG!!! I CANNOT BREAK HIM!!!

SW: Is there some problem here?

Baras: WHO WOULD ASK SUCH A STUPID QUESTION?! CLEARLY, THERE'S A PROBLEM HERE!!

Best female voices PC: Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight and Sith Inquistor

Best male voices PC: Sith Warrior, Agent.

Best companion voices males: Quinn, Scourge, Vector, Doc

Best companion female voices: I have no favorities.

Best NPC's Sith: Marr, Jadus,

Best NPC's: Theron Shan, Jonas Balkar, Lt. Rutau/Captain Biron.

These are the ones I like best. :)

females -- female smuggler, agent, and Jedi -- I love them

female NPC's --- Mako -- yes Mako, good grief I love her voice -- but have to say Kaliyo's is great too

male NPC's -- give me Saganu all day long :)

I think Saganu is also Rutau and Captain Biron. :) And you're right, you could listen to him all day!

PCs: Male Inquisitor, Warrior and Agent. The first for that tenor and constant sneering, the second for that deep, authoritative voice, and the last for the constant cool-headedness. M!Inq and M!Agent sound especially good in helmets with voice modulators.

Companions: Scorpio's is chillingly attractive--and I say this as a straight female. Easily the best, shame she gets so little dialogue.

NPCs: Marr, natch. Jace Malcom doesn't get a lot of lines, but I love what he has. I'll also echo what previous posters said about Aristocra Saganu and Baras.