If you have the ball in HuttBall...

Kasukua

you should not be able to force charge, or be friendly pulled, etc... There should only be one way to move the ball over a large distance w/out running, and that is passing.

EDIT: as well as force sprint, I'm not biased!

Edited by Kasukua

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be a lot more skill intensive, and less class dependent, if all you could do was pass and run, considering ally placement would account for a lot more than it already does Edited by Trineda
removed quote

that would be completly wrong, we would simply get 4 tanks assassins with their offensive pulls burn carriers in the fire and run the ball with 4 healers. They can sprint/cloak shield wall with the ball and are tanky as hell.

Every class have their weakness/strong points just learn to use them well and huttball is the best warzone when played in organised teams. If you don't know how to counter sorc pulls or warriors/powertech charges, you are doing it wrong.

Don't let sorcerers get in position for pulls just kock them down the pit or kill those squishy cloth wearer.

If the carrier is a charger class, 'LoS them so you don't get charged or if you do, place yourself at a good spot giving you the advantage.

If you set up 3 people to pass the ball to, lets say 1 at the beginning of the catwalks just past the acid pit, another halfway across the 'pit' and the third standing on the ground floor 5 feet from the goal line...

/pass

/pass

/pass... SCORE!

How is that any different then those same 3 people being Sorcs and using Force Pull?

If you set up 3 people to pass the ball to, lets say 1 at the beginning of the catwalks just past the acid pit, another halfway across the 'pit' and the third standing on the ground floor 5 feet from the goal line...

/pass

/pass

/pass... SCORE!

How is that any different then those same 3 people being Sorcs and using Force Pull?

I'd prefer a pass there, actually, if i was on offense in that situation. Passing forces the defenders to switch targets. Granted, it's not much of an issue, but it is one more thing that has to be done.

I've (on my sent) been carrying the ball, getting beat on, and gone to pass to the sage on the catwalk, at almost the same time they pulled me. I get pulled, the sith's beating on me force leapt to follow me as i was pulled, and finished me off as i landed. Had I not gotten the pass off, they would have had the ball.

Pull has it's uses, but when defending as a sent and I'm already on the ball carrier, ( or on my commando when there's a couple of other targets near the puller) it's easier to deal with than a pass

Yes, please remove all variety and options from the game. My tiny brain is in danger of overheating and shutting down attempting to figure out how to fight against someone who has a jump, pull, run speed boost, knockback, knockdown, stun, mezz, stealth, and others. Please take pity on me, I'm used to playing games where you only have one offensive ability and you just click it constantly without having to move at all. Thank you. Edited by KonstantinT

it would be a lot more skill intensive, and less class dependent, if all you could do was pass and run, considering ally placement would account for a lot more than it already does

No, it won't - it will be more class dependent. A perfect team would consist of a tank (in all defense spec), 2 healers, and 5 classes with hostile grapple ability. The opposing team will lose automatically unless they have the same class makeup.

you should not be able to force charge, or be friendly pulled, etc... There should only be one way to move the ball over a large distance w/out running, and that is passing.

EDIT: as well as force sprint, I'm not biased!

Then pass the ball to somebody with one of those skills, be a team player.

i can't belive people

this is hutball and those are the rule

if there will ever be a kasukaball u can make ur own rule

i think soccer would be way more skillfull if people can only use right feet and left never touch ground

fine but it's not soccer anymore

you learn to deal with the rule and not change the rule so the game deal with you.

Rule are the same for you as for the other team so they are never unfair

Edited by Pekish

No, no and no. It makes games interesting. Sorcs are ideal ball handlers. Deal with it and play your role in huttball.

I'm playing merc bodyguard atm and I don't have a problem with people who know how to use their characters even if they are on winning side.

/pass

/pass

/pass... SCORE!

Different in quite a few ways, actually.

When passing the ball, it is possible for it to get intercepted. It would most likely mean the ball gets transferred to some squishier people along the way, rather than being kept in the hands of a tank. It requires the ball carrier to be able to pass, so if he holds off too long, a well timed stun can spell his doom, a knockback can mess it up. And you have 2 people up there, one of whom has heals, rather than just one.

Also, one other thing to consider: the classes with those abilities would still be amongst the best choices for Huttball. Force speed would let non-ball carriers get into position for passes faster, as well as get past the fire or across the acid pit easily. PT tanks and Assassin tanks, would still be prime defensive classes with their pulls. Charge or intercede can get you back up top to help move the ball or defend after a knockback. Force speed/Charge + AoE CC would still be great for snagging the ball on respawn.

I think that is pretty telling, as to just how much of an impact those mobility powers have on Huttball.

Anyway, I'd love to see max movement speed with the ball capped and either friendly pulls/jumps not allowed on the ball carrier or all pulls/jumps only go half the distance they normally would, if you have the ball. The latter would still allow those type of things to be used for getting out of the fire, for example, but would make it harder to leap up to ledges and such. But then, I believe the game should be more about passing the ball than the ball carrier.

That said, good teams will still destroy bad ones, whether they pass the ball or the ball carrier.

Edited by Battilea

/pass

/pass

/pass... SCORE!

Hmm, anybody can pass not everybody can pull. Is this the difference you are looking for?

If you get rid of friendly pulls leaps you also have to get rid of enemy pulls leaps. Some of those pulls leaps also stun so get rid of all stuns/knockbacks. Also they are defensive/protective abilities so also get rid of all defensive and protective cds.

Wait.. nm... keep it the way it is. Maybe people should stay away from the edge of the pits so ball carrying leapers will not jump up to score.

Sure, let's make PvP in SWTOR an even more brainless event then it allready is. Maybe learn to anticipate what is going to happen in a game when you see what kind of team you are facing.

Maybe learn to position yourself better, so you might intercept the ball(carrier), sorc pullers, force speed users.

Maybe learn to have more situational awareness of what's going on on all sides of your char, even the things not in your plain sight.

Maybe learn to play as a team more instead of trying to be a solo hero.

It amazes me everytime in MMO's, that there are always people who are unwilling to max out their own skills, capabilities, positioning, awareness, teamplay, class/ability knowledge, coördination, communication etc.

Work around the things you find difficult, work with it, find solutions in your gameplay to counter it. THAT will make YOU a better and independant (team)player, instead of coming on the forums demanding nerfs/changes/dumbing down the game.

/pass

/pass

/pass... SCORE!

Cause in your example, all three (or four?) of the people have to be situationally aware, but with sorcs pulling, only one has to be situationally aware (Even though only the first sorc isn't situationally aware, as the next one after him AND after him AND another after that last one use a pull).

So you're right there is no difference, but this one kid posted to try to say otherwise

I wanted to let everyone know that I'm an operative before anyone even THINKS of rebutting this post, so no I'm not biased, in fact, I should/would be biased for the OP.