Feedback request from James Ohlen - "Your Star Wars fantasy"

StephenReid

Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?  

3,019 members have voted

1. 1. Which [I]Star Wars[/I] fantasy excites you the most?

• Full 3D space battles
    • Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs)
    • Pod/speeder racing
    • Capital ship battles

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should probably be some kind of Clarification on 1 and 4 considering they go hand in hand. Every major scene in the movies that have both are -amazingly done- and should Bioware actually expand on the Space Combat there is no reason why these two should be split up.

Also, remove the damn rails of barrel rolls. Free flight space missions/combat/ wars against capital ships/ space stations would be outstanding.

A feature that's in active development for a future Game Update.

'None of the above' isn't an option on the poll, as you may have noticed. Please keep your feedback restricted to the question and options above.

I know it's a tough choice. :)

Hi

A word on server mergers please? I realize you're all being told internally to ignore the question but at some point you owe it to your community to give us an answer either way.

Let's cut the BS and realize that we all know it's one of the biggest issues; i'd even settle for a "**** you, we know" at this point.

Think outside the box and do your community an actual service.

its all the same. what about a competition training course? where each advanced class compete for the most? healing, sneak, dps, or tank. then a co-op class per group and/or solo. But just keep it fun and in stages.

Puzzles, maze, or 3d giant jenga.

I don't mind the options you offer but keep it varied.

Those all sound like fun mini-games. You seemed to have left off the funnest mini-game of them all. The standard mini-game in most MMO's.

FISHING!!!!

There are many of us with a soft spot in our heart's for fishing and would love to see it in SWTOR.

Thanks-

The "Full 3-D space battles" need to be a part of as well as seperate from the capitol ship combat.

You know that could be interesting....it reminds me of the space battles in Battlefront 2. Have some members manning turrets while the rest defend a transport ship headed to the enemy hanger. Sabotage your enemies' capitol ship and rocket away before the whole ship explodes in a massive fireball! That could have potential.

As imagination is limitless...

...I would go for Capital Ship battles in Full 3D with multiplayer and optional PvP for them.

But trying to keep my feet closer to the ground ;)...

...I just chose the 1st step for the above long term goal: Full 3D Space Battles.

I picked capital ships and capital ship battles. But that also ties into full 3d space battles on a massive scale.

I want to have my own home ingame, my own little place in space somewhere that is mine to decorate as i want to. my own place to gather friends and guild mates. my own little place between the stars.

Baffled that so many people picked pod racing. Personally don't understand why someone would want a pod racing minigame OVER the development of space combat into a proper 3d gameplay experience.

this stirs a lot of questions,

Full 3D space battles: im almost set up for 3d, all i need are glasses, but i think the space battles need updated before adding more 3D to it, (how might you update the space battles? think "star wars tie fighter")

Vehicle combat (eg, AT-ATs): will i get to control it? will it be a warzone full of AT-AT & AT-ST like vehicle's? or you thinking more like "star wars battlefront" where its a mix? open world and/or pvp wz?

Pod/speeder racing: this is straight forward, you get a track to race on and/or its like a drag race (swoop race) this is something i would love to have.

Capital ship battles: this is the big one, do i get to fly my own ship in the fight? do i get to control the Capital ship's turrets? is it pvpve? or just pvp? will there be guild vs guild fights? in time will the Capital ship be are guild hall cause i sure hope so. <--- off subject sorry. or where you thinking more like "star wars battlefront 2" for Capital ship battles? open world and/or pvp wz?

in the end im vetoing for Capital ship battles, because this is a major part of star wars, every Movie has a Capital ship fighting some one; in some way, and it's how the galaxy works, with Capital ship's, you cant move whole army's, supply's, and colonist, with just light corvette's and fighter class star ships, you need Capital ship's and with this big of a galaxy you need a lot of them! and when you have the republic empire and pirates flying around your going to get into a battle and lots of them!

It's very difficult to choose between full 3D space combat and Capital Ship battles, but I went with Capital Ships because that's what I truly love (3D Capital Ship battles = awesome). I don't mind 3D space being in the lead, though. One day down the road, I hope that some players can fly their fighter ships while I command and control my capital ship.

Also, having an AT-AT (or TOR's equivalent) excites me. I just hope it's not reserved for PvP only.

Full 3D space battles: im almost set up for 3d, all i need are glasses, but i think the space battles need updated before adding more 3D to it, (how might you update the space battles? think "star wars tie fighter")
I'm pretty sure that (SW:TIE Fighter/SWG) is what they meant, not simply enhanced graphics. (I really hope I'm not wrong on that.)

Those all sound like fun mini-games. You seemed to have left off the funnest mini-game of them all. The standard mini-game in most MMO's.

FISHING!!!!

There are many of us with a soft spot in our heart's for fishing and would love to see it in SWTOR.

Thanks-

I don't do this often and I certainly don't do this IRL but ROFLMAO just to express and underline my following point!

Fishing? You want Fishing in Star Wars??

I don't know who you are, what you do or where you're from. But you want fishing in SWTOR???

I thought I'd seen most of the things I'd never expect to see in my life on the Internet forums, but this just too much!

It's not the right thing to say but, just go away please!

Fishing???

I'm pretty sure that (SW:TIE Fighter/SWG) is what they meant, not simply enhanced graphics. (I really hope I'm not wrong on that.)

sorry i was getting off subject there too. the space battles for tor don't feel right to me I'm lock into a set path shooting at ships that pass me... it's like !!!! if thy slow down at all im a dead man! so is what im getting at is Star Wars: TIE Fighter (1994 pc game) is still way cooler and feels awesome to this day. thy need to implement (that) something like that before upgrading the 3D.

I don't do this often and I certainly don't do this IRL but ROFLMAO just to express and underline my following point!

Fishing? You want Fishing in Star Wars??

I don't know who you are, what you do or where you're from. But you want fishing in SWTOR???

I thought I'd seen most of the things I'd never expect to see in my life on the Internet forums, but this just too much!

It's not the right thing to say but, just go away please!

Fishing???

I don't know if you ever saw this, but the best response about fishing in TOR was provided by one of BioWare's very own devs:

Hmm, let's see:

Hutta - Poisonous swamp, all fish are horribly mutated creatures that would eat you on sight. Better not go fishing.

Ord Mantell - Wartorn world, full of Separatists and men of fortune. Overabundance of unexploded ordnance polluting landscape and the ocean. Better avoid fishing there.

Tython - Lush landscape, so peaceful, except for those Flesh Raider guys. Who look like Sharks (at least according to Tython chat on the test servers). Just think about it. Sharks that walk. Better don't think what's in that water. Avoid fishing!

Korriban - Barren desert world. Full of evil and Sith. Empty of water, though. The only fish died millions of years ago. Some say it's because the Sith are allergic to water (another reason they never learned to swim apparently).

Coruscant - Are you kidding? Remember the trash thing in the Death Star? Think about an entire planet dumping their garbage down the various drains. Better not fish there!

Dromund Kaas - Nice jungle world. Healthy climate. Well, except for lightning strikes. Some natural, some clearly overly angry Sith raging at the resident weather. Fishing during lightning storms? That's a no. Well, maybe if you're a Sith Sorcerer, but then again, you're probably allergic to water. Dromund Kaas is out.

Taris - Lush jungle world.... full OF A DESTROYED CIVILIZATION. What little water is there is infested by .. things. Probably fish ... with Rakghoul plague. Too dangerous to fish.

Balmorra - Hmm, perhaps. If it wasn't for those bug things. Nasty large bug things. With claws. Ah, and the fact that Empire and Republic are fighting. No relaxing fishing in a war zone. Better avoid that.

Nar Shaddaa - Ah yes, a techno moon. No water to fish there. If there was, it'd be full of drowned gambler corpses and hutts. Hutts don't like being fished. Out.

Tatooine - The Dune Sea. Great place to fish ... for most.. I hear you can fish for Sarlaccs there. But there are Jawas. With Rocket Launchers. Out.

As you can see, it's clearly not very viable to fish in this galaxy. Maybe if you'd fly over to that Calamari planet. But then again, as soon as you'd deploy your fishing gear, all the fish would just go 'It's a trap' and there is that.

:)

Edited by JeramieCrowe