Please End In-Faction PVP (Guild Issue)

Xanthias

Nothing that hasn't been said before, but...

I love same faction huttball! Whilst imp vs pub huttball is my least favourite warzone, pub v pub is my favourite! Why? For a start, teams are more balanced. Don't know why, but its always closer. Second, I get to fight people I know, both in guild and out of guild.

When queuing solo, I often get put in to warzones with completely inept teammates. I've tried leading them but they don't listen, I've given advice but it doesn't work. So, when I'm in a pub v pub huttball and I see these people on the opposing team, it is extremely satisfying to get my revenge!

Ofc, guildies on opposing team is amazing too. It's much more fun to just kill each other, regardless of everything else! Whoever wins/loses doesn't matter, the trash talk can last for weeks and is hilarious!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware, for the good of all guilds in the game, please remove In-Faction PVP. We've lost two great members because of it and I am getting to a point where I will start pushing my guildmates to boycott Huttball altogether until it stops.

Wow really? How great members can they have been when they rage quit after losing one game? I think you should be happy that you don't have to deal with their QQ anymore.

Most fun games i have had is guild premade vs guild premade.

Well, I'd like to have those luxury-Problems that probably only exist on high-pop servers. On my server, I would fight my grandmother in a grueling battle to the death if it would mean that I can actually PvP before 5pm....

Besides: If you leave a guild because you had to play ppl from your guild, a game where you have to interact with other ppl might not be the way to go for you. ^^'

I'm no fan of same faction pvp but i love killing my guildies. You should tell your butt hurt members to suck it up and enjoy themselves. Its just a game and there is no reason to get that upset over some blue on blue.

Tonight, we had our third incident of people in our guild taking what happens in the warzone personally and the second time we've lost a guild member because of it. With the Rep vs Rep gameplay and because we have more than 4 players interested in PVP'ing, we sometimes have guild members end up on opposite sides in the same match. This In-Faction PVP needs to be seriously re-thought.

In a PVP match, emotions will always run high, often higher than high-end PVE. It's one thing to die to some nameless individual from the other side, whom you may never see again. It is something entirely different to die to someone that you not only know, but you interact with on a regular basis. Deaths from the same person probably happens the same amount with or without a guild member on the opposing side, but the perception that the person is singling you out may seem more apparent because you know them.

Republic versus Republic PVP is counter-intuitive and destructive to both morale and to camaraderie. It has so far also been destructive to our guild. We should be working together, NEVER working against each other. These issues I mention go even further when guildmates are opposed. Huttball is a "game" in title only as there are deaths involved.

Bioware, for the good of all guilds in the game, please remove In-Faction PVP. We've lost two great members because of it and I am getting to a point where I will start pushing my guildmates to boycott Huttball altogether until it stops.

There isn't a bullying problem in America. As this post clearly demonstrates, there's just too many damn pansies.

Tonight, we had our third incident of people in our guild taking what happens in the warzone personally and the second time we've lost a guild member because of it. With the Rep vs Rep gameplay and because we have more than 4 players interested in PVP'ing, we sometimes have guild members end up on opposite sides in the same match. This In-Faction PVP needs to be seriously re-thought.

In a PVP match, emotions will always run high, often higher than high-end PVE. It's one thing to die to some nameless individual from the other side, whom you may never see again. It is something entirely different to die to someone that you not only know, but you interact with on a regular basis. Deaths from the same person probably happens the same amount with or without a guild member on the opposing side, but the perception that the person is singling you out may seem more apparent because you know them.

Republic versus Republic PVP is counter-intuitive and destructive to both morale and to camaraderie. It has so far also been destructive to our guild. We should be working together, NEVER working against each other. These issues I mention go even further when guildmates are opposed. Huttball is a "game" in title only as there are deaths involved.

Lol, you guys need to loosen up. Huttball matches where we have guild members on both sides are some of the most fun. Usually the lone person on the other side gets focused by guildies the whole match lol (I have been on the recieving end many times and we all get a charge out of it after.). Only a child would take it personally and if they leave good riddance.

PvP is serious bussness, its a game for god sakes.

We dual all the time in our guild, how is that any different?

I just want the ability to opt-out of faction based PvP.

My reason has nothing to do with my guild, it's just I personally find it irritating. I play a sage and the last thing I want to do in this WZ is heal the jerk who would not get off of me in the last one - particularly if he is talking smack the entire time.

Personally, I would prefer an option when queueing that would let me opt-out of faction to faction play. Then the folks that do not mind endless games of hutball against their own side can continue to do so, and those of us who find it frustrating can concentrate on defeating enemies rather than friends.

Idk about the guild implications. But I do wish they would stop the same faction PVP if only to start to even out the factions.

If you're faced with instant queues on the Reb side as opposed to 10-15 min queues on the Imp side then people are going to start switching.

Hell, our guild switched just because we didn't like huttball ALL the time vs other Imps. And as it is now our queues are LONGER on the reb side. That's asinine...

Edited by Daxun

No.

I wouldn't even be able to get my dailies done in a day if not for same-side PvP.

Our server has no PvPing Imperials whatsoever.

If your guild is so uptight that they can't even enjoy a friendly Huttball match with eachother without flipping a biscuit, then I know several fantastic marriage counselors that specialize in these types of petty, incessant outbursts.

I can't wait till they open up servers to allow guilds to move. We have very little repubs queing up.

To the OP....your better off with out this person. Also if your guild doesn't use vent that might be part of the problem. It's very easy to have a missunderstanding over chat in a game....on vent you can tell a persons intentions much better with voice tone.

I just want the ability to opt-out of faction based PvP.

My reason has nothing to do with my guild, it's just I personally find it irritating. I play a sage and the last thing I want to do in this WZ is heal the jerk who would not get off of me in the last one - particularly if he is talking smack the entire time.

Personally, I would prefer an option when queueing that would let me opt-out of faction to faction play. Then the folks that do not mind endless games of hutball against their own side can continue to do so, and those of us who find it frustrating can concentrate on defeating enemies rather than friends.

You take things too personally, I heal as a Sage and the guy that was all over me the match before gets preferential heals if he is on my team the next time as he obviously knows what he is doing. It is hard to find PvPers in solo queue that play objectively, when I find one that harasses me, I will follow them around and heal them the next match they are on my team.

Edited by Ruuprect

I like to talk smack, I talk smack a whole lot. Having to team with the guy that I smack talked in a previous WZ is awkward. Like mooning someone through the car window at a gas station only to pull in and have to gas up at that same gas station.

I shouldn't have to deal with the consequences of being a complete douche online and I think everyone would agree with me...:rolleyes:

look, if a person is taking pvp personally they shouldn't be pvping and you don't want them in your guild it's that simple. Emotions have no place in pvp that's why women shouldn't pvp. :p

Edited by portichae

It's not so much taking things personally, I would just prefer not to have to play against my own team so to speak.

Here's another simple reason: my own faction knows I am a healer. They see my name = insta targeting. Since I PvP all the time (I hate PvE), it makes it far too easy to identify the healers/prime targets in the mix.

Sure I know a lot of the imps names that heal, but when it's a faction on faction fight, imo it removes some of the challenge.

While I believe the problem rests within your guild here, I'll offer a solution anyway. If you have 5 people in guild queuing for wzs at the same time and four of them are grouped, have the fifth wait to que until the other four are in a match. While its possible to still be placed in that game due to people dropping its far less likely.

Your guildies are kind of dumb, or some of them are. I often come against friends and guildies, and we have a laugh about it, often them joining us in vent as we vow to do nothing but focus the lone guildie for the entire game. It's just a game. If your guildies are being a dick about it, then it's their fault, but if some people are really taking getting beaten so seriously, well, you probably don't want a guy like that in your guild.

Also, just thinking about the queues without same-faction warzones.... makes me shudder.

Edited by Boissi

It's not so much taking things personally, I would just prefer not to have to play against my own team so to speak.

Here's another simple reason: my own faction knows I am a healer. They see my name = insta targeting. Since I PvP all the time (I hate PvE), it makes it far too easy to identify the healers/prime targets in the mix.

Sure I know a lot of the imps names that heal, but when it's a faction on faction fight, imo it removes some of the challenge.

If we happen into a reb v reb huttball I'll /who and call out the healers and good ball carriers before the game even starts. Also give warnings on who likes to post up for passes and what not.

Definitely can't do that with Imps regularly.

We as a guild make it a point to kill our guildies, usually we are all in vent smack talking the whole time.

Even when we go to our Empire characters we make it a point to kill and ridicule our guildmates.

nothing is taken personally, and its all in good fun :).

Good luck with that. Also, make sure to boycott Voidstar and Novare Coast when 1.2 comes out. Lulz.

Working As Intended..

In all serious though, Bioware has no clue what it's doing. I learned that the moment I saw a Lightsided Jedi impale another Lightsided Jedi for a ball.

Same Faction PvP, will be the death of guilds as Warzone PvP will be the death of the game. Bioware needs to rethink the entire game. Open World PvP is the true pvp that PvPers were looking for when this game was announced 2 years ago. To see that all go down the tubes to mindlessly play Hutt Ball again and again and again is mind blowing.

What a waste of 300 million dollars.

I queued solo with and then against my guild the other day.

As the freshest 50 in the guild they thought they would have an easy time running all over me.

In vent they threw out all kinds of warnings "We FF guildies when we queue against them." etc.

I think they were surprised when a fresh 50 without even full Centurion put quite a bit of hurting on them.

The fact that I can play against my own is awesome. It is so much fun. If someone left your guild because of what happened in a WZ, you didn't want them anyway. What are they, 5?

Hopefully a lot of this will be moot when we get cross server war zones. You most likely won't see the same people all that often. I do, however, like the option to opt out of same faction war zones before queing. I don't see how hard that can be to implement.

I love it when I see guildies on the opposite team - we maul each other and then laugh about it in guild chat afterwards. We also have a large contingent on the Empire side, and often see guildmates (opposite faction) in the other WZs as well. It's fun, we all laugh about it afterwards and just enjoy it ...

I often wonder if people that chase me around for the whole match are genuinely angry at me or just having fun, the OPs post makes me think that many probably are raging from behind their screen lol.

Seriously, its a game, people in your guild need to get a grip and learn how to skirm with "friends" and know that its all in good fun or likely they just aren't good guild members and would quit over something else anyway, think quality over quantity and those pvp matches are just a test to weed out the bads.

Edited by Zataos