The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Marauder/Sentinel Cooldowns need to be longer

Fenomen

No it shouldn't

Our invis+this are far to short to survive and "escape" in any meaningful way in pvp (in most situations), they are being used as intended, to out live our opponent in those last few seconds and win the fight so we can die shorty after when the next guy comes along (unless healed which like I said earlier in the thread won't happen as much in 1.2). Maur are supposed to be good at 1v1. If you changed the move in this way it serves no purpose in pvp.

dude, PvP immunities are terrible, doesnt matter, if it would decrease incoming heals by 99% also, ok i guess, or decrease out going dmg it would make sense. immunity to dmg... on a dps class... just seems like its Witch Hickman all over again.

and this is a group pvp game, dont bring the 1vs1 ******** here because no one cares about 1vs1 oke? thanks

Edited by xxIncubixx

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CD of Undying Rage: 75 sec (2x pvp gear needed for that)

CD of force camouflage 45 sec

I am a marauder, this ability keeps you alive for 5 secs after that your death. This ability is usable 1 time per fight. After you poped it you cannot use it a second time in 1fight for the simple reason that you will be cut to 50% hp. Not something you want to pop in the beginning of the fight.

So a marauder will use it at the end of every battle. 1 simple trick to make sure he dies, pushback, knockback, CC, snare root.

Be smart about using your abilities, dont be the guy that has a premature nerdgasm with his CC/root/stun....... just saying

Edited by TheRelic

dude, PvP immunities are terrible, doesnt matter, if it would decrease incoming heals by 99% also, ok i guess, or decrease out going dmg it would make sense. immunity to dmg... on a dps class... just seems like its Witch Hickman all over again.

and this is a group pvp game, dont bring the 1vs1 ******** here because no one cares about 1vs1 oke? thanks

First of all (a minor thing) but it's not immunity, it's 99% damage reduction.

Second, this immunity functions just like stuns in this game. The only real problem with this move was that in the right circumstances (like I outlined earlier) you could stay alive forever. This move+Rakata medpac+ invis+OP heals+beserk all the time meant you couldn't die. When you take that stuff away (like they have) the move will work as intended.

And you took my 1v1 point the wrong way. My point was that in a group pvp setting the Maur job IS to be great at 1v1 especially against healers, and occasionally (though less often now as well for the reasons I outlined earlier) to run a huttball. That's what the class was designed to do.

Aye reach for the moon pal, you clearly need the whole features of pala bubble, I was talking purely about damage output toning down while its up so you can't solo a mass of people with it up if you are decent, what a melt.

Posts full of crap calls for answers full of crap, but you're right I never realised how OP it was when I solo an 8 man team during my 5s damage imunity

Oh wait.....

I'm all for sprints, damage immunities etc making the FC drop the ball in Huttball too!

You must like slow and boring games

I found this post funny, anyone who is a senti/mara. will till you. It's a hard class to play if you don't know what you are doing. I would very gladly give up my 99% and stealth to have a rapid heal any day. as for 20s cd, i think you should time stop it to actually count to when it is fired and wears off. Our armor is weak, no heals and a lot more buttons to push than the heal/stun modes other classes seem to enjoy so much.

Raging on a class like senti/mara shows you obviously haven't master your class stuns. If anything should be nerfed it should be class restricted healers to one class sage/sorc. and reduce all stuns in attacks. weak range stun and run tactics is old and I was under the impression that star wars was jedi/sith base game. Not some range class game.

Undying Rage/Guarded By The Force: Simply needs bringing it in line like Paladin bubble from WOW, reduce outgoing damage by 50% while active = Job done!

What's the point of staying alive if you can do hardly any damage.

To be honest, I'd much prefer saber ward for 5 seconds on a 1m 30s cooldown (Seperate from the real Saber Ward) that doesn't take off 50% of my hp.

Undying Rage isn't THAT great, but it is pretty troll sometimes.

And yes, OP, it's thoroughly agreed that Marauder utility is insane for 1v1.

Funny how nobody asks for the only thing that truly needs a look at which is the Juyo stance and the talent points that enhance it. Oh wait that's because they don't know anything about the class they're QQing about.

As for long cooldowns? I wouldn't care if you added to them I rarely need them since stomping bads is easy no matter what.

Funny how nobody asks for the only thing that truly needs a look at which is the Juyo stance and the talent points that enhance it. Oh wait that's because they don't know anything about the class they're QQing about.

As for long cooldowns? I wouldn't care if you added to them I rarely need them since stomping bads is easy no matter what.

Ye, but you will be getting nerfed sooner or later

Ye, but you will be getting nerfed sooner or later

And people will still cry on a daily basis about how we should be nerfed again. Obviously these people QQing about Sents/Maras haven't come across decent Shadows/Sins.

I don't have much trouble with equal-geared Marauders/Sentinels 1v1 on my Assassin. Sentinels have their cool downs and I have mine. Anytime you feel like it, you can simply shroud, vanish, mind maze, seethe, stealth, mind maze, seethe to go from like 1% health to 100% health. Did this only a few hours ago to kill a Shadow AND a Sentinel (both battlemasters) 1v2 hehe.

I don't have much trouble with equal-geared Marauders/Sentinels 1v1 on my Assassin. Sentinels have their cool downs and I have mine. Anytime you feel like it, you can simply shroud, vanish, mind maze, seethe, stealth, mind maze, seethe to go from like 1% health to 100% health. Did this only a few hours ago to kill a Shadow AND a Sentinel (both battlemasters) 1v2 hehe.

Obviously the other Designer Pet Class, mindmaze building no Resolve is stupid biased Design. They should lower the Energy Cost though.

• 3 weeks later...

/signed

These attempts to defend what is clearly an OP class at the moment in the face of what is clearly obvious to the majority of player are quaint and laughable.

Nerf Marauders/Sentinels Nao!

Edited by Rolzhard

I'm not sure everyone understand exactly what this skill costs or how long it lasts.

The ability in question for sentinels called Guarded by the Force

it only lasts 5 seconds, which is about whole second longer then a lot of stuns that a lot of classes have.

For the record the Sentinel only has one true stun and even that is channeled and we can not do anything else while we channel it. We have no knockbacks(ya no free kills in voidstar or huttball). We have a snare. and a wonderful AE mez that breaks on damage(since this is a nerf thread I'm going to assume it is pvp based, and please ask yourself truly, when can you reliably mez anyone in a warzone with out some teammate breaking it) You are jealous of our ability to not take damage for 5 seconds that costs half our life to use when you can stun or knock us back for most of the duration of the skill? Please..

This ability also costs 50% of our current health, and is Very risky to use when we are in the 10-30% zone as many classes have this hard hitting abilities that only work when a target is under 30%. My health in warzones is 17k meaning that when I use this ability that lasts for 5 seconds I give up 5-15% of my health. meaning at min it goes 850hp(5%) to use to 2500hp(15%) that is the cost just to activate it.

You wanna take our toys away? Please give us one of yours, We would all welcome a 4 second stun.

Good post, nice example.

However the people who cry nerf aren't interested in balance quite the opposite in fact they will never give you something like a 4 second stun when they can come on here and complain and complain.

Sadly the only true motivation here is self serving.

Any pvper worth his salt would just cc or change targets until the effect wore off and then the end is a foregone conclusion.

Edited by Odahviin

not the point on what cd's they have you want to extend what we use to live and give nothing in return, our survivabiltiy is crap w/o cds period...

1. Everyone is crap w/o cd's

2. The OP isn't suggesting your cd's get removed. He's suggesting your cd's are on too short of a cd and combined with how powerful they are, they are making your class/spec too strong. We won't mention how your damage is a bit out of hand. Oops I just did.

3. In reply to your earlier post. Heavy Armor is basically rubbish in PVP because nearly all damage bypasses it. Sages/Sorcs also need to stop calling themselves "squishy" because they don't wear heavy armor. Wrong topic for this anyway.

I play a trooper and I would gladly give up heavy armor for a real bubble, a complete damage immunity, a vanish or a sprint because each of those abilities give you a complete respite from damage even if the whole other team is trying to kill you. This makes them very powerful in group pvp and so simply those abilities should be on longer cd's or those class/spec's with these powerful cd's should be doing a lot less damage.

Let's look at some of the 'OP' abilities of other classes in the same light.

Sorc sprint

-stun, root, grapple, mez, leap to cancel it out

Sorc knockback

-stun, root, grapple, mez, leap to get back

Sorc mez

-CC break, kill

Sorc bubble

-hit once to pop it

-pile on, he dead

Course, as a marauder you also have the added bonus of the best damage in the game, being the hardest class to get away from, having a trauma debuff and the short CD on interrupts.

And when your resolve is white and you hit your immunity button (ie- like good marauders do, just in case you don't know you can do that), what then? Five seconds of walking through fire, leaping around, dealing out insane damage, CCing, tearing healing in half- only thing that can stop you is roots- which means another SW, as agent roots can be deflected (talk about getting the shaft).

But relax, BW devs are all playing marauders- your god class won't be nerfed, if anything expect more buffs while they fix the mistake of not nerfing assassins to being at the correct level- ie far below marauders with every other class.

puleesse my SIN/PT eats marauders and sentinels for breakfast. The reason the class has theses abilities are to offset their squishiness. Without them they would never be able to close, survive or do damage.

But I guess that's your agenda?

All you will achieve by your line of reasoning is the death of an AC. :(