Marauder/Sentinel Cooldowns need to be longer

Fenomen

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealth is fine, I agree w/ 99 % damage immunity one though. All good sents/ maurs save this for around 20 / 10 percent HP. so what it really is is 99 % damage reduction, the halving of the HP really doesn't mean much.

Normally I would say it's fine, but they also get rebuke and saber ward. 99 percent immunity should be on a longer CD IMO. How much longer I'm not sure.

Heavy Amor is 5% Difference vs Medium. But you got the 20% Cooldown which also reduces Internal/Elemental Damage. If you think you aint durable, maybe you should learn about other Classes.

not the point on what cd's they have you want to extend what we use to live and give nothing in return, our survivabiltiy is crap w/o cds period...

Edited by mordredz

I feel there may be some misunderstanding on the 99% cooldown.

Base cooldown is 90s.

PvP 2-piece set bonus brings that down to 75s.

A Focus/Rage spec further reduces that to 45s.

So only one spec has the really short cooldown.

Edited by shadowflit

Base cooldown is 90s.

and how long does that ability last ? with a 45s cooldown, i'm sure some math wiz can come in here and whoop up some numbers about how much more damage a sent can mitigate per minute than a van. that really is a sick ability. a horrible idea for any game imo. there was talk of running an all sent hm the other day, and they were only half joking.

Hi.

Please be aware that a number of rude or otherwise inappropriate posts have been removed from this thread.

If necessary, please review the forum Rules of Conduct before continuing to participate in this discussion. Further rudeness and/or disruptive behavior could result in the closure of this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Base cooldown is 90s.

Agreed and only scrubnubs are going to be rage/focus in 1.2 anyways lol.

And of course we run around taking half our health on purpose every 45 seconds... Oh wait. No we dont.

We try to pair it with a health pot and if we don't? We should be dead. You can CC a sent/marauder through it. Every class has multiple CC's. Try using them.

Newsflash. Our rebuke only lasts 6 seconds if you don't run around spamming tab and dots like a idiot (what 99 percent of the sorcerers do). I don't know...maybe actually learning to play your class and not just spamming all CC at once for no reason and looking up other class abilities to understand them? Just might help.

Edited by biowareftw

Agreed and only scrubnubs are going to be rage/focus in 1.2 anyways lol.

And of course we run around taking half our health on purpose every 45 seconds... Oh wait. No we dont.

We try to pair it with a health pot and if we don't? We should be dead. You can CC a sent/marauder through it. Every class has multiple CC's. Try using them.

Newsflash. Our rebuke only lasts 6 seconds if you don't run around spamming tab and dots like a idiot (what 99 percent of the sorcerers do). I don't know...maybe actually learning to play your class and not just spamming all CC at once for no reason and looking up other class abilities to understand them? Just might help.

The same can be said with virtually any class's cooldown.

That's entirely irrelevant.

I'm not sure everyone understand exactly what this skill costs or how long it lasts.

The ability in question for sentinels called Guarded by the Force

it only lasts 5 seconds, which is about whole second longer then a lot of stuns that a lot of classes have.

For the record the Sentinel only has one true stun and even that is channeled and we can not do anything else while we channel it. We have no knockbacks(ya no free kills in voidstar or huttball). We have a snare. and a wonderful AE mez that breaks on damage(since this is a nerf thread I'm going to assume it is pvp based, and please ask yourself truly, when can you reliably mez anyone in a warzone with out some teammate breaking it) You are jealous of our ability to not take damage for 5 seconds that costs half our life to use when you can stun or knock us back for most of the duration of the skill? Please..

This ability also costs 50% of our current health, and is Very risky to use when we are in the 10-30% zone as many classes have this hard hitting abilities that only work when a target is under 30%. My health in warzones is 17k meaning that when I use this ability that lasts for 5 seconds I give up 5-15% of my health. meaning at min it goes 850hp(5%) to use to 2500hp(15%) that is the cost just to activate it.

You wanna take our toys away? Please give us one of yours, We would all welcome a 4 second stun.

99% damage reduction is so easy to counter. In fact, there are 2 great ways to counter it.

I'm not going to give it away because I play a Marauder and a Sentinel and don't want you guys knowing all the secrets before Rated comes out in 1.2 :D But it's quite simple to figure out.

Edited by SoBlue

Stealth is fine, I agree w/ 99 % damage immunity one though. All good sents/ maurs save this for around 20 / 10 percent HP. so what it really is is 99 % damage reduction, the halving of the HP really doesn't mean much.

Normally I would say it's fine, but they also get rebuke and saber ward. 99 percent immunity should be on a longer CD IMO. How much longer I'm not sure.

the cooldown of undying rage is 45sec and are stealth only lasts for 4 sec

i'm not sure everyone understand exactly what this skill costs or how long it lasts.

The ability in question for sentinels called guarded by the force

it only lasts 5 seconds, which is about whole second longer then a lot of stuns that a lot of classes have.

For the record the sentinel only has one true stun and even that is channeled and we can not do anything else while we channel it. We have no knockbacks(ya no free kills in voidstar or huttball). We have a snare. And a wonderful ae mez that breaks on damage(since this is a nerf thread i'm going to assume it is pvp based, and please ask yourself truly, when can you reliably mez anyone in a warzone with out some teammate breaking it) you are jealous of our ability to not take damage for 5 seconds that costs half our life to use when you can stun or knock us back for most of the duration of the skill? Please..

This ability also costs 50% of our current health, and is very risky to use when we are in the 10-30% zone as many classes have this hard hitting abilities that only work when a target is under 30%. My health in warzones is 17k meaning that when i use this ability that lasts for 5 seconds i give up 5-15% of my health. Meaning at min it goes 850hp(5%) to use to 2500hp(15%) that is the cost just to activate it.

You wanna take our toys away? Please give us one of yours, we would all welcome a 4 second stun.

agreed

* Stealth

- wait 4 seconds

- look around

- woops there he is

- attack(range)/force leap(melee)/look for another target(ops/scoundy)

* 99% damage reduction

- stun

- wait 1 more second

- he dead

....so, what's the problem here again? :rolleyes:

Edited by kweassa

Undying Rage/Guarded By The Force: Simply needs bringing it in line like Paladin bubble from WOW, reduce outgoing damage by 50% while active = Job done!

Or, pop 1 CC, wait 1 second after he gets out and finish him. Job = done!

Undying Rage/Guarded By The Force: Simply needs bringing it in line like Paladin bubble from WOW, reduce outgoing damage by 50% while active = Job done!

So we are imune to CC during it, also remove the health cost and make it usable while CC....

That's a deal for me! but you will QQ even more with that change

* Stealth

- wait 4 seconds

- look around

- woops there he is

- attack(range)/force leap(melee)/look for another target(ops/scoundy)

* 99% damage reduction

- stun

- wait 1 more second

- he dead

....so, what's the problem here again? :rolleyes:

Let's look at some of the 'OP' abilities of other classes in the same light.

Sorc sprint

-stun, root, grapple, mez, leap to cancel it out

Sorc knockback

-stun, root, grapple, mez, leap to get back

Sorc mez

-CC break, kill

Sorc bubble

-hit once to pop it

-pile on, he dead

Course, as a marauder you also have the added bonus of the best damage in the game, being the hardest class to get away from, having a trauma debuff and the short CD on interrupts.

And when your resolve is white and you hit your immunity button (ie- like good marauders do, just in case you don't know you can do that), what then? Five seconds of walking through fire, leaping around, dealing out insane damage, CCing, tearing healing in half- only thing that can stop you is roots- which means another SW, as agent roots can be deflected (talk about getting the shaft).

But relax, BW devs are all playing marauders- your god class won't be nerfed, if anything expect more buffs while they fix the mistake of not nerfing assassins to being at the correct level- ie far below marauders with every other class.