Marauder/Sentinel Cooldowns need to be longer

Fenomen

1. Everyone is crap w/o cd's

2. The OP isn't suggesting your cd's get removed. He's suggesting your cd's are on too short of a cd and combined with how powerful they are, they are making your class/spec too strong. We won't mention how your damage is a bit out of hand. Oops I just did.

3. In reply to your earlier post. Heavy Armor is basically rubbish in PVP because nearly all damage bypasses it. Sages/Sorcs also need to stop calling themselves "squishy" because they don't wear heavy armor. Wrong topic for this anyway.

I play a trooper and I would gladly give up heavy armor for a real bubble, a complete damage immunity, a vanish or a sprint because each of those abilities give you a complete respite from damage even if the whole other team is trying to kill you. This makes them very powerful in group pvp and so simply those abilities should be on longer cd's or those class/spec's with these powerful cd's should be doing a lot less damage.

I would hardly call the Sorc bubble effective tbqh.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's force choke counted as?

Force Choke/Stasis is the worst stun in the game. Any other class have to channel their stun as their only stun?

And, as for the OP and all the complaints...

No.

Just, no.

I know it's depressing when you attack a Undying/Guarded Maras/Sent...but that's simply because you don't know how to manage your CCs. Sents/Maras need these CDs, and their current timers are fine as they are. We're Glass Cannons...that have to jump into a melee fray. Play the class before you complain. All this hate towards this class is laughable...

(This is coming from a Sentinel/Commando/Shadow/Scoundrel that PVPs alot...)

What's force choke counted as?

It's still a 100% absorb isn't it? It might not absorb as much as you'd like, but it still offers a better chance to escape death than any amount of armor gives. I'd wear 0 armor if I could be given a bubble on my trooper.

Force Choke/Stasis is the worst stun in the game. Any other class have to channel their stun as their only stun?

Sorry for my ignorance. Haven't rerolled to sentinel yet but how do I get force choked and left hanging while a marauder walks away? And I could swear I'm still taking hits while force choked too. Just lag maybe?

Sorry for my ignorance. Haven't rerolled to sentinel yet but how do I get force choked and left hanging while a marauder walks away? And I could swear I'm still taking hits while force choked too. Just lag maybe?

TIP: That "Marauder" was a tank specced Jugg/Guardian.

When people actually care to learn at least some basics of the game?

TIP: That "Marauder" was a tank specced Jugg/Guardian.

When people actually care to learn at least some basics of the game?

What this guy said.

Make sure that person who "Chokes you and walks away/attacks you at the same time" is wielding TWO lightsabers. Sentinels/Marauders have to channel it, meaning we can't do anything but stand there for 3 seconds.

45 seconds for focus with pvp set????? Wow bioware! you really dropped the ball on this one..

Yeah, Bioware, FIX IT OR HE WILL CANCEL HIS PREORDER!!!!11

Seriously, that was from day one, for four months now and - BANG! - suddenly - it's op.

Seriously, that was from day one, for four months now and - BANG! - suddenly - it's op.

Also what this guy said.

I don't know why people think Maras/Sents got this HUGE buff in 1.2. It was basically just reducing rage costs on our Kick/Awe (by 1) and increasing Master Strike/Ravage's usefulness (which is a decent buff, but nowhere near game-breaking).

I know lots of classes were nerfed, but come on, people...complain about the nerfs not about Sents/Maras...

Edited by Nyjin

what you fail to understand, is that metagame constantly evolves, what was unimaginable when the game was released has been discovered recently. More and more ppl are adopting the specific tactics and then we get what we get. This thing with the invisiblity are both way out of any logical and sane design concept for a melee warrior (non-tanking) class like marauder.

Also what this guy said.

I don't know why people think Maras/Sents got this HUGE buff in 1.2. It was basically just reducing rage costs on our Kick/Awe (by 1) and increasing Master Strike/Ravage's usefulness (which is a decent buff, but nowhere near game-breaking).

I know lots of classes were nerfed, but come on, people...complain about the nerfs not about Sents/Maras...

That's the thing, other classes are weaker now, and they should bring mara's in line with them.

puleesse my SIN/PT eats marauders and sentinels for breakfast. The reason the class has theses abilities are to offset their squishiness. Without them they would never be able to close, survive or do damage.

But I guess that's your agenda?

All you will achieve by your line of reasoning is the death of an AC. :(

What squishiness are you refering to? In Rage with proper talenting you have as much Damage reduction as a Juggernaut in the same stance. You have access to the same DR cooldown and you have cloak of pain for another 20% flat DR on a 1 minute CD.

what you fail to understand, is that metagame constantly evolves, what was unimaginable when the game was released has been discovered recently. More and more ppl are adopting the specific tactics and then we get what we get. This thing with the invisiblity are both way out of any logical and sane design concept for a melee warrior (non-tanking) class like marauder.

What "specific tactics" do you speak of?

Do you know of any decent Sent/Mara that DOESN'T pop his invincibility when he's about to die?

That hasn't changed since launch. Because taking away 50 perc of your health to be invincible for 5 seconds with anything higher than "ABOUT TO DIE" health is dumb.

And the cloak has always been used to:

1. Avoid Damage/Dying

2. Catch someone by suprise (I don't really do this, but I guess you could).

So...please elaborate on these brand new metagame tactics you speak of that suddenly warrant these changes...

The defensive cooldowns are fine.

All they need is a minor downgrade in burst capability through reorganization of the skill tree, and making it difficult or impossible to access/incorporate multiple of certain very powerful skills into one, single build.

What squishiness are you refering to? In Rage with proper talenting you have as much Damage reduction as a Juggernaut in the same stance. You have access to the same DR cooldown and you have cloak of pain for another 20% flat DR on a 1 minute CD.

While being able to pour out damage, I didn't think it was that hard to understand... But apparently mara's don't see it this way.

Edited by broganthomas

That's the thing, other classes are weaker now, and they should bring mara's in line with them.

No.

You have it the wrong way around.

If you think your class/other classes are weaker...then BUFF them to a different state or back to where they were.

Why would you want regression rather than progression?

No.

You have it the wrong way around.

If you think your class/other classes are weaker...then BUFF them to a different state or back to where they were.

Why would you want regression rather than progression?

While I agree, that will never happen.

All they need is a minor downgrade in burst capability through reorganization of the skill tree, and making it difficult or impossible to access/incorporate multiple of certain very powerful skills into one, single build.

Do you play a level 50 Sentinel/Marauder?

What is this access to multiple of certain very powerful skills in one build you speak of?

Fine? FINE?

Saber ward, Cloak of Pain, Obfuscate, Undying Rage, In combat Vanish, predation. All that on a mobile top damage class.

Do you play a level 50 Sentinel/Marauder?

What is this access to multiple of certain very powerful skills in one build you speak of?

Of course it's that legendary 31/31/31 build that only maras/sents can achieve!

Fine? FINE?

Saber ward, Cloak of Pain, Obfuscate, Undying Rage, In combat Vanish, predation. All that on a mobile top damage class.

And again, care to learn some basics first? What combat vanish are you talking about?

BTW, talking about mobility. Sents/Maras suffers most from beeing rooted/slowed, roots/slows effectively kills any mobility of this class. You know, that rooted mara/sent cant use charge, right?

You wont believe but best defence is AOE taunt. 30% damage mitigation for 7 people in wz, beat this!

Edited by charoi

Let's look at some of the 'OP' abilities of other classes in the same light.

Sorc sprint

-stun, root, grapple, mez, leap to cancel it out

Sorc knockback

-stun, root, grapple, mez, leap to get back

Sorc mez

-CC break, kill

Sorc bubble

-hit once to pop it

-pile on, he dead

Course, as a marauder you also have the added bonus of the best damage in the game, being the hardest class to get away from, having a trauma debuff and the short CD on interrupts.

And when your resolve is white and you hit your immunity button (ie- like good marauders do, just in case you don't know you can do that), what then? Five seconds of walking through fire, leaping around, dealing out insane damage, CCing, tearing healing in half- only thing that can stop you is roots- which means another SW, as agent roots can be deflected (talk about getting the shaft).

But relax, BW devs are all playing marauders- your god class won't be nerfed, if anything expect more buffs while they fix the mistake of not nerfing assassins to being at the correct level- ie far below marauders with every other class.

"Five seconds of walking through fire, leaping around, dealing out insane damage" As Spork would say, not logical~

Last reply in this thread because I can't handle the level of fail/complaints/ignorance for much longer...

I bet 9 out of 10 of the people complaining have never played a Sentinel/Marauder, or even taken the time to actually look into our abilities.

Are we a strong class? Yes.

God-mode/Overpowered? No.

Smart use of CCs and watching what a Sent/Mara does will go a long way, I promise.

If you want to nerf our defensive cooldowns, then give me some of what your classes got.

I could use that Shadow Resilience.

Or those Sorc Stuns and Speed.

Maybe that Guardian push and un-channeled stun.

Full Stealth from Operatives and on the fly-heals would be nice too.

But that won't happen now, will it? Because a melee-DPS class that is very squishy needs these defensive CDs.

And you all need to learn how to deal with them, like I deal with your classes, what did you call it, overpowered-ness/god-mode/insane awesome leet skills?

Every class (that isn't mine) is overpowered and its BW's fault. Not mine. Did I do it right?

Edited by Nyjin

Well, it might be there were too strong pre-1.2, so they need nerf. And, although there are weaker now, it does not mean they are weaker than senti~~ Logic...