forum join date

Bobinstein

The game only lived up to the expectations of those that were expecting a disaster, or those that wanted primarily a single-player game with some co-op.

Somehow I've managed to enjoy all aspects of the game, including all of the group content, but thanks for trying to put everyone who enjoys the game down :rolleyes:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I've managed to enjoy all aspects of the game, including all of the group content, but thanks for trying to put everyone who enjoys the game down :rolleyes:

+1

I don't understand why it offends some people so much how I choose to spend 50 cents per day.

The date has no real meaning in my opinion, especially when you try to use it to show that you are better than anyone else.

Of course it means that those of us with early dates are better than everyone else. Not only are we better than our fellow (late) forum joiners, but we are better than all of humanity. We are the 1%!

Edited by Kthx

Many got on board very early on and created a forum account. The date has no real meaning in my opinion, especially when you try to use it to show that you are better than anyone else. hehehe :D

My husband did that, made an account and posted one or two times a long time ago. We peeked in here and there but mostly forgot about the game until we got our beta invites. :o (This is of course my own acct, not his.)

Some people, I imagine, were really there posting the entire time o.o Must've been a lot of hopes and dreams, in those days :D

March of 2009 for me.

It's not what I expected, really. Development went a totally different way than I had originally hoped way back then. After I found out what it was going to be, I went ahead and decided to play for the joy of the lore.

I'll see what they change and what else is on the horizon, but I wasn't really looking for another themepark.

Remember when the forum was mostly used to start guilds? Years and years before the game finally arrived, there were fully-formed guilds and a deep sense of community; we were all together, waiting for the release of this epic game.

What happened? :(

Edited by Dezzi

Remember when the forum was mostly used to start guilds? Years and years before the game finally arrived, there were fully-formed guilds and a deep sense of community; we were all together, waiting for the release of this epic game.

EA bought Bioware back in late 2007/early 2008 and everything started going down hill?

Edited by -Kraxis-

the game came out in december. i know the Beta came out a little while before that but im not sure how long. but im seeing people with join dates in 2009 and earlier.

so uhh.... whats the deal?

Well from a purely anthropological standpoint. In order for an online community to become self sustaining and not vanish, (or possibly devolve into a chan ripoff). The community must be composed of a minimum number of members from the following groups.

Regular users - these people will sign in occasionally and 95% or more of their forum use is viewing pre-existing entries.

Trolls/flamebait - these people while annoying encourage activity in the forums by conning people into responding to posts, they are necessary though. When in doubt think of how pearls are formed, through constant irritation

posting users - these people tend to have higher post counts, but the posts may not be worth while. Or they may be transitioning to the troll/flamebaiting stage

The 'Old Timers' - they were there before you arrived, and will be there after you leave. Generally the more level headed users, in non commercial forums they will eventually become mods. My guess is Bioware ordered some of the initial ones by the pound and once that hit the critical mass the rest arrived on their own. They are known for dispensing useful advice, and talking about how things used to be. As seen below

The extreme form of this is when the discussion morphs into how things used to be better before everyone else was there. Which is considered by some academic circles to be a new phenomena called e-hipsterism. ;)

for a little fun.....

hover over your avatar and look in the bottom corner of your IE explorer page and you will see a URL with a number at the end....that number is your registration number in the order people joined the website....

so like mine is 681.....

Been here a long time.

for a little fun.....

hover over your avatar and look in the bottom corner of your IE explorer page and you will see a URL with a number at the end....that number is your registration number in the order people joined the website....

so like mine is 681.....

Been here a long time.

Checking mine..

edit: Wow. 20k people later... I feel less special.

Edited by Marak

for a little fun.....

so like mine is 681.....

Been here a long time.

I went to the dev tracker to find the oldest yellow poster. Oldest I could find was JesseSky, 33 I think? :)

"YOU EITHER THINK LIKE ME OR YOUR AN IDIOT WITH NO TASTE"

It's the internet troll mandate.

Unfortunately, this concept predates the intarwebz. It applies to politics as well as driving a car...

"Everyone who drives faster than me is an ***hole and everyone that drives slower than me is an idiot."

"In politics, you either agree with me completely and totally or you are an evil person determined to destroy the world/America/the environment/family values/education/old people/the price of gas/trees/the whales/moral fiber/the economy/marriage."

I think the game was worth the wait and am fully enjoying myself. I feel it will only get better.

I seriously have to laugh at people that complain this game doesn't have as much content as WoW or some other game that's been out for 5+ years. There is lots to do and the game is only 3 months old. Give it time.

:rolleyes: