Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Area quests will be Same-Server.

HEROIC Quests will be Cross-Server Enabled.

Not cross-server for PVE content. Only cross-server will be for PVP warfronts. I hope they do add cross server LFG for PVE content soon..and I mean, soon...they donot have a lot of time if they want to keep subs.

Not cross-server for PVE content. Only cross-server will be for PVP warfronts. I hope they do add cross server LFG for PVE content soon..and I mean, soon...they donot have a lot of time if they want to keep subs.

I don't like your logic. You are saying that people will quit because their servers are low pop? I feel people are little more strong willed than that. If you like a game you'll find a way to play it and have fun. You won't just quit it completely.

Adding in a x-server LFG didn't save any subs in Rift, or if it did it was very few..

Server populations most of the time (certainly UK afternoons and evenings) are nowhere near what they need to be to make sure a successful MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER online game is either massive or multiplayer

Server merges now!

Adding in a x-server LFG didn't save any subs in Rift, or if it did it was very few..

It was a little too late for Rift at that stage. Also RIFT has a worse engine, worse lore and worse combat.

But if BW are not quick enough with x-server LFG implementation, same thing will happen to SWTOR.

I don't like your logic. You are saying that people will quit because their servers are low pop? I feel people are little more strong willed than that. If you like a game you'll find a way to play it and have fun. You won't just quit it completely.

oh yeah I'm gonna go solo some operations now.....oh wait, I'll just try and do some hardmode FP's...oh wait...I'll just do some warzones.....oh wait

theres not much to do on a dead server. and no matter how many times the CM's here tell us to reroll I am not wasting anymore time just to watch that server die as well.

Hex Droid (EU) Imperial Fleet: 200 people 4 month ago, 100 people 2 month ago, 20-30 people now. I'm afraid there won't be enough players to play a single WZ soon. :(

see. which that information seems like it is good and tells you alot. it leaves alot out too...was this at the same time every month? was this peak hours? things like that which effect the outcome of population..

its a holiday today so people might be with families..there are millions of reasons people could be gone too

infact my server lately has been running standard instead of light recently so I can only assume the pop is growing

Yesterday the devs were asked at PAX about server merges and the devs ignored the question and started talking about future character transfear.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20064-pax-east-day-2-3pm-q-a-audio-and-highlights

Maybe they havent come to a decision about it yet and if they said yes we will but then dont , people will freak the hell out???

seems like a logical non conspiriacy tinfoil hat answer

see. which that information seems like it is good and tells you alot. it leaves alot out too...was this at the same time every month? was this peak hours? things like that which effect the outcome of population..

its a holiday today so people might be with families..there are millions of reasons people could be gone too

infact my server lately has been running standard instead of light recently so I can only assume the pop is growing

Ofk at peak times. It's so every day of the week. I guess people are on one big holiday called "sub is cancelled"..

Maybe they havent come to a decision about it yet and if they said yes we will but then dont , people will freak the hell out???

seems like a logical non conspiriacy tinfoil hat answer

Think a more likely answer to the question why they ignored the topic of server merges, is that if they start talking about server merges, it means they admit their number of subscriptions is dropping, which is bad news for EA and the shareholders.

I honestly believe it will be a long time before we'll see server merges.

Think a more likely answer to the question why they ignored the topic of server merges, is that if they start talking about server merges, it means they admit their number of subscriptions is dropping, which is bad news for EA and the shareholders.

I honestly believe it will be a long time before we'll see server merges.

Here is another way to look at it then. If they do not they are losing more subs because people are not going to just re-roll characters on other servers. is that the fault of the player? I do not think so. So it is a catch 22 damned if you do damn if you don't. With them saying try re-rolling character on a more of high pop server I see they have taken their stand for no server merges. it is not one i agree with but i do not run the company.

Does it look like bioware really cares about server pop?

Really they have done nothing to fix it and will continue to lose people due to this issue

im gone back to wow **** this bio ********

Seriously people, you are way too much "high-fed". By that i mean, you expect impossible things. You seriosly do not realize what some features cost. Money, energy, time and you still whine.

Have patience, for god's sake!

Everyday, i see someone compare swtor to wow. I hate those comparements but if you already compare those games, you should compare SWTOR now to WoW at realease.

Your "so great Warcraft" also didn't have enormously high population on beginning, it had no server transfers, no server merges, no faction changes, no talents, no achievements, pvp imbalance, 1 pvp battleground, no barber or such fashion changes and much more!

Only the fact that you expect those things in a brand new game, doesn't mean it will be there immediately. It will take time, as everything. It is literally impossible to release a game with all that. I admit, they made too many servers but just for a case, there would be a massive wave of people, instead, most joined Tomb of Freedon Nadd and it's the most crowded server.

Just give it a time and you will see what BW and SWTOR are capable of. So far, everything you did wish for, they implemented, and I bet, they will implement such things what you whine for, it just won't be now and it, by all means, is understandable.

If you won't wait month or few months for those features, then yes, go back to your lovely Warcraft or whatever. It would just support what I have written here, you are "high-fed" and expect impossible things.

Edited by EQrunnr

You must be joking???? Another flawed post...

This is a game depending on a large number of players coming together doing things together.

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online.

This is not a solo game, I will not pay for a solo game every month, then I can play better ones such as Dead Space 2 etc

Edited by Noxulifer

i think the only solution right now its a f2p format when you reach lvl50.i know its so early for that but with diablo 3 and GW2 coming out more people will leave.

Another pesky pessimist. Everything new will draw people's attention so it is understandable that some people will stop playing for a while. Some people may quit SWTOR but honestly, I don't care. Let everyone play what they want and such pessimist garbage is redundant and worthless.

Another pesky pessimist. Everything new will draw people's attention so it is understandable that some people will stop playing for a while. Some people may quit SWTOR but honestly, I don't care. Let everyone play what they want and such pessimist garbage is redundant and worthless.

You will care when you are all alone on your server...