Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you all bought 5 days early access. stop whining that you don't get 7.

Kids....

QFT

And technically, you didn't PAY for early access. You ordered early for early access, but your price is no different than people who are buying the day of release. Get over it people. It's a game and though I may not like it either, I would rather they be cautious than to let everyone in, crash the servers and have them down for most of EGA because they were too aggressive. Just relax. Only kids lose sleep over not getting as much extra as some people.

Edit: The original design was 5 days of early access, not 7. If you don't get the full 7, relax you will most likely still get the 5 you were promised.

Edited by Nataell

*signed*

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

Edited by kabouT

If there are 3,000,000 preorders as I have seen some people say, then BW / EA (whoever) needs to be sending out 428,572 (rounded up) E-mail Invites per day JUST to handle the preorders.

If, however, the number is really closer to 1,000,000 as I have suspected, BW / EA needs to send out a total of 142,857 (Rounded down) E-mail invites JUST to meet their minimum requirements.

Just Sayin.

You guys have to understand something very simple... if you let on too many people in the morning, you don't get an accurate picture of server stress until approximately 4-6pm (when people return from work and school). This afternoon they will have data to show how many people can feasibly be given early access so that the system does not suffer any detrimental effects by evening. If things go smoothly tonight, they may well double the number of people they let in tomorrow. If things go poorly, it will likely be the same number as today.

nope their done for the day and will continue tomorrow. They almost got to the end of July for release dates.

LOLOLOL It's sad that they didn't even get to August.

GG to anyone who ordered after September (ie me) because they won't even get to play early access.

GLAD I PREORDERED GUYZ.

I must agree - the Waves will restart at 2pm tomorrow, for me. As it's a (kinda) World Wide event, I think they should either add waves 24 / 7, or add EU Waves and US waves, according to GMT and CST respectively.

At least 1 wave per hour or two hours. But not limiting from 5 waves to 1 wave a day. Whats next, each wave contains 4 lucky man? Just like what Firefall is doign with Beta waves. Each waves is 10 lucky Beta invites.

I wonder if there is some poor community manager actually trying to keep up with all of this. They're earning their pay today, that's for sure.

Incidentally, I think this is clearly the greatest MMO launch of all time. I'm betting that Bioware intentionally created a launch system that would cause the heads of all the most annoying members of their player base to explode. So far it seems to be working beautifully.

I cannot believe people are getting worked up and bothered about a couple of days. i mean come on. think about it. this is why you should NOT tell your kids they are going to disney land 9 months before you go. just tell them on the day. Edited by Striderman

Speak our minds brotha

ok i was in chino state prison when i found out about the pre-order........its not fair i couldnt wait until i got out and play this game. its not fair that i wasnt able to order this game since i was locked up......now i have to wait....this is worse anticipation than my release date.......

Lmfao!

cmon bioware respond to your customers, why?

I can't believe it, look the servers load Full, High in most of them. Are you saying that all the persons preordered in July?? if we read around there are some persons that ordered the 28th and didn't get in, what about the other months?? even if we get in then we will have to wait a few time in the queue.

All i can say is they love to fracking waste our time, in all other MMO's i have been in never have i seen such Bull **** when it comes to a game Launch/Early Access.

Shame on you Bioware. You wasted ppl's time with this crap with letting ppl in on waves.

I'm sure they realise many many ppl are are hanging out to get into the game.

If this is the level of there respect and support to us it's Loyal Fan base then expect a crappy level of support for the game here on in.

Edited by ArchangelKnight