Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

I bet the guys at Blizzard are LOL'ing all over this. (I know, who cares)

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I for one have not been this entertained by a post since the guy on Fark.com posted about getting his nutsack stuck in a wooden slat deck chair. The suspense is killing me but the nerd rage in this forum has gone some way towards making up for it!:D

Must keep the THREADNAUGHT floating

Rage Cannons - Operational

Whine Shields - Fully charged all sides

Final Wave Ion Engines - online

Auxiliary Spam bays - primed and ready

SWTOR TWEET:

The final wave of emails have been sent. We will be sending another wave tomorrow starting at 8am CST.

Its the end my friend....

I'll let you believe that.

Despite having paid $20 to get into "massives", hell the prices still range between $5 and $25, sometimes $180 if you're going to South Florida events. Not to mention paying for movies, etc.

$5 these days is a pack of smokes, or a 1.78 gallons of gas where I live, it's money, doesn't matter how much, it was still paid.

I'm not mad about waiting, I'm just mad they quit after six hours, and didn't even get through July, which sets a very sombre prediction for tomorrow and Thursday.

I don't even want to imagine the 20th, I mean ideally NOW would be the best time to test "Everyone log in at once and see if the login server can handle it" instead of the day the game goes LIVE, since they didn't even do that with their stress test.

Ah well, they'll learn, and hemorrhage capital gain in the process.

Wow as a smoker who drives where the heck do you live??? My cigs are well over 7 bucks and my gasoline keeps fluttering just under 4 USD.

Honestly stop crying about it the fact of the matter is you don't have the right to demand anything. the thing said up to 5 days early they started 7 days early you don't have "The right" to demand anything at this point. **** happens if they just open the flood gates and let everyone in at once then you'll be sitting there complaining about the lag or this and that and not to mention a crap ton of people fighting over quest mobs be friggen patient stop crying you've all been waiting forever for this game to release and the day is almost here you've waited this long already wait a little longer and stop crying like children

This is likley not an atempt at trolling as a Guild member who orderd in November is already in game while I who orderd August second am still waiting...

I too am now sitting at a friends house watching him play and he didn't purchase until just before turkey day. So what ever Bioware said about first come first served is total BS just to placate the nerd rage.

Personaly I am not that upset as I wasn't planning on being able to play until saturday when ea was to start on the 15 so if I get in eh its a bonus. I have been waiting 6 years for this game since it was first talked about as a concept, I figure a few more days won't kill me it willjust make me stronger.

I really dont get what everyone is complaining about,, false advertisement this n that,..

since preorders were released it has always stated that you can get UP TO 5 days early access..

note the "UP TO" part, this quite clearly states that the maximum early access you COULD get was 5 days. There has NEVER been a straight out promise that you WILL get access the 15th..

assuming otherwise is entirely your own fault..

On top of this, they actually started the early access the 13th, meaning they increased the maximum by 40%, but why be greatful for this >_>

and in my opinion, i'm sure some will disagree, this is not the "launch".

Launch in my eyes is still the 20th, this is just opening the present early, doesnt mean its christmas yet..

TL:DR

stop whining, learn to read and be greatful for a fantastic game.. see you all ingame! =)

(i have not recieved EA yet either, i actually ordered the game the same day preorders were released but silly me did not redeem the code on this site until months later xD)

This thread used to be useful to see when pre-order codes were redeemed vs who got in. Now it's just mass teenage menstruation.

For anyone that isn't here just to whine like a child: I redeemed July 31st and I'm not in today.

they stopped sending out waves like an hour and a half ago it ended at july 27th happy? :)

now go away until tomorrow cuz your not getting in today

Yarrrr let's just copy & paste

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

QFT Bioware read this! Everyone Copy/Paste or quote to get the message across!

That sentence in of itself shows that you need to re-think your priorities. Yes, The game is big, Yes they spent millions of dollars, yes it is going to be amazing. ANd yes, they did deliver. Bio-ware opened the ega two days earlier than expected, and instead of hoping to get in tomorrow, a day ahead of what was planned, you all complain about how they lied to you. They did not lie, and you are being selfish. You WILL get in before its released, be patient.

And the fact that people planned their lives around this is just depressing. Seriously folks, its a video game, not the second coming. Go outside, hang with some firends. SInce i didnt get in i am going to use this time to finish writing a 12 page research paper. Do something productive with your free time instead of complaining.

Beat me to it!

originally posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

i agree 100%

Well I for one have not been this entertained by a post since the guy on Fark.com posted about getting his nutsack stuck in a wooden slat deck chair. The suspense is killing me but the nerd rage in this forum has gone some way towards making up for it!:D

Thanks for the LOLs... <whew> that was funny!