Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there goes a day wasted of my life. I took two days off figuring i would get in today, and sadly i am disappointed. I know i was not promised day on access, but you figure if you order 4 months ahead of time you would get in at least late in the day. I'm not upset that i did not get in, but i am upset at Bioware for failing so much at communicating with the player base. This is just like the grace period fiasco, you say on thing and do another, or just hold back information to keep people guessing. Truth of the matter is, people have already committed themselves to this game, telling us where we are in line, would not kill anyone. But i suppose that is too much to expect, it is afterall Biowares first MMO experience as well.

After boasting your servers were coping with 750000 people during the beta you let a trickle of players into your servers and stop after only 9hours of waves. You've let barely 200k in - each server (which you happily boasted about) can handle 80-100k.

Complete joke of a system.

The worst thing is the constant cryptic BS messages your company has posted on twatter and other mediums teasing that lots would get in.. You've failed to delivery epically.

You managed to let in 6 days of pre-order, you've now killed any sort of game economy and given a select "elitist" few a massive headstart and advantage irrespective of server.

Bunch of ***** your company.

As you see bioware, a little communication would go a long way.

They managed in One Week-end to admit every pre-purchased account I know of and several others that were not pre-purchased! Holding to that rate of sampling they held TWO STRESS TESTS on these servers with the numbers of people accessing in 1 day that they are taking a WEEK to bring in now. Apparently the Stress Tests were performed in order to plan an incompetent launch experience for all the customers they could get in in just one day a couple weeks ago.

:mad:

Edited by Jaqaliah

any UK players get in ?

I hope so. Being a UK player myself i would hope they arnt just keeping the first arrivals to other countries, that would be favouritism.

And i also agree that:

1) ALL the servers should of been set up beforehand. this shows that Bioware havent tried as hard as they could have, you want to make an MMO, make sure your servers are ready.

2) 'Waves' should be running at a constant rate, and should of shown what date ranges are in what 'Wave' as to give the players knowledge of what day they can get in

3) People who's EGA days are going to dwindle to the point of launch day shouldnt have to pay a pre-order fee when the player isnt playing on a pre-launch date.

4) People who are crying on this thread need to stop complaining, too bad if you dont get in today, i didnt, so im waiting for tomorrow, although i will admit, if i dont get an invite by thursday, i will be highly frustrated as i will feel that im not getting what i expected when i bought the game. since i payed £5.00 for the pre-order fee, i would expect at least 5 days before the launch

Im sure at least some people here can agree with me.

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

Agreed.

Poor communication, raising expectations and not delivering, alienating customers....its not a good impression. And this was all terribly predictable. I'm supprised BW was so naive to think this would not happen.

Possibly the worst launch of an MMO ever. No matter how good the game is, alot of SWTOR players will remember this, when BW next promise content, guess what they'll remember.....dont expect blind faith anymore. You've destroyed alot of trust here BW, and its was oh so avoidable.

Invites stopped this early in the day? Well I've gone ahead and cancelled my preorder. They had the time to stress test in beta, I have little interest in logging in and having half the server already max level and already wearing raid gear.

Personally i think you're alright. Use a little more powder the next time you change your diaper.

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

"good good, let the nightelf rage fill your heart. run embrace your dark side."

"...."

It is unfair ,,yes ? "

"..sniff"

"Show them the hate ! Lay waste to the lands of ice and snow"

"Go!...Leave this place..."

Yeah so there will be people higher level then us . What there is no level cap ?

You can not win a fight when your the underdog ?

If you are the famed WoW player then please give up ... PLEASE :)

A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

Agreed. I hate expectation, really. It's the worst thing in the world. I just wanna know - WHEN, that's all, but no expectations, no suspense, i don't want to worry and i don't have time for this things.

:ph_use_the_force:

Edited by Windwald

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

Still no information given as to why you are not rolling waves continuously 24/7 you are a huge company, you must have plenty servers, you probably have people working in shifts right ?

Why pause for 18 hours it does not make sense.

And if it does will you at least tell people what your reasoning is as to why you stop sending out waves ?

I must say, I think the idea is good, but was completely unexpected. I was excited to have a chance to play today, and took the day off so that I can play. I was not expecting that the process would be in waves, and only 4 + bonus.

I am a bit disappointed, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who took the day off lol. If I knew that it was going to be in waves, and only up to 4 for the day, I wouldn't have taken the day off, knowing my chances. So tomorrow, maybe the next day I'll be emailed, but I'll be at work.

I'll see u all in game,

Ina,

PAID $165 USD for Collectors Edition and people with normal are already 20 levels ahead of me----GG

Argh! Rabble rabble rabble! Blather rather smather pather! How dare you people do exactly what you said you were going to do! How dare you even give 2 extra days! GRRR! Argh! I know what's best for your multi-million dollar company! You don't! Yarrr!