Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

There's an auction site where people are selling early access flagged accounts that can already play for up to $200, and that doesn't even include the full game account code, that's just for early access, you'd still need to pay for the game too.

That just goes to show you how important it is for people to play from day 1, people are paying a fortune for the chance to play.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol your all like children, you do know they have to get us all into the servers right? if they just threw you all in at once it would crash and no one would get to play. On the bright side your ************ allows me to read something amusing while I work, thanks guys :)

Well isnt that what is going to happen come December 20th?

We are paying customers being treated like children so blow off ...

Says the guy who is playing the game. Oh yes lets thank them for providing a poor sevice for which we PAID for.

As customers we have every right to be disgruntled by the complete lack of communication shown by BW regarding this wave system.

Which company are you interning at this summer???

This is fascinating. It's mostly venting here, clearly, but I love that some people are trying to have a real dialogue here. How does that work, when there are new pages being written every 30 seconds or so?

It doesn't.

not that my post will matter, because it will get lost quite quickly, beneath the tears.

GAME LAUNCH DAY is 20th, get it 20/12/11 and not 15th. the 15 is early, free, access

i can understand your frustration cuz ive anticipated this game probably longer than most people. a little patience goes a long way and u can always play when u get off work every day as long as u please(or before if u work nights) :rolleyes:

WAKE UP people have planned their lives around this. BIOWARE spent millions of dollars trying to get our attention and don't deliver and all you can say is go some where else.

Wake up

That sentence in of itself shows that you need to re-think your priorities. Yes, The game is big, Yes they spent millions of dollars, yes it is going to be amazing. ANd yes, they did deliver. Bio-ware opened the ega two days earlier than expected, and instead of hoping to get in tomorrow, a day ahead of what was planned, you all complain about how they lied to you. They did not lie, and you are being selfish. You WILL get in before its released, be patient.

And the fact that people planned their lives around this is just depressing. Seriously folks, its a video game, not the second coming. Go outside, hang with some firends. SInce i didnt get in i am going to use this time to finish writing a 12 page research paper. Do something productive with your free time instead of complaining.

I have to agree with other posts about how this was set up. I realize that by doing a staggering wave process it can help reduce server crashes and latency problems.

I do understand this.

At the same time though people that are just as eager to play are not getting the equal opportunity as the rest. To majority of SWTOR fans they preordered as soon as they found out or could, so this early access isn't an early access at all it is actually the launch date to them. This basically means that all of these fans go to the store to try and get this game and you guys are sold out? Even though we preordered to get this launch time?

I personally don't care about getting server first 50 or racing to the top of the charts but I just feel like how BioWare handled the situation was not acceptable. For such an amazing game that everyone has been looking forward to I feel that a litte more thought process and compassion to your fans would have been appreciated. Now that I have said my peace of mind I feel better. I still plan on playing as soon as I get the email and will probably forget about this whole incident shortly after immersing myself in this awesome game.

Cheers

I have to say i thought the waves were going to be a constant thing like every 4 hours so with no breaks :mad:

8.00am CST is 2 pm in England and 3pm in the rest of Europe so basically the EU is fooked since we have to wait till past midday each day for invites to happen so at this rate i might get early access at 3 am on the 24th of the 12 2012 ,

Seriously stopping the waves for over 12 hours is well ...................................................

They had a stress test. I don't understand the problem here. I don't remember servers having hymens.

LMAO!! Yeah this is a super bizarre way to do an early access program. And to stop emails so early is pretty disappointing. The only reason for this I can figure is because they are terrified when people who received invites already but couldn't play right away because they had to work or whatever will all get home this evening and bog the servers down. Still this is being really paranoid. What did like 5% of preorders get in today? I dunno about all this silly wait for an email stuff. Seems like a bad way to do this...