The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Offical PT Pyro unsub thread

lnsidious

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you'll kindly read this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=370674

and see that our complaint is not the nerf to damage, but a slaughtering of the spec via cutting it's resources by about 50% allowing for only auto attack spam inbetween procs.

I amended my post to reflect that. Its easy to get blinders when you do one thing alot....like grind out valor ranks.

You wanna talk about something that REALLY need nerfing, I grouped up with a juggernaut last night that had an aoe that (according to him) was dealing between 5k and 6k to each target.

That AoE takes a decent amount of time to set up, and only gets numbers like that once a minute at most. Usually once every Relic/Adrenal cycle.

W/out the buffs, it will hit for 3k~, and still requires some setup.

The AoE is 5m. Most people can take 2 steps and dodge the attack altogether if they know which animation to watch for.

Granted, it does royally suck for anyone on the receiving end, lol.

Edited by Varicite

I'm definitely not complaining about it, but Maras were most certainly buffed this patch. Fortunately, so was their counterclass, Snipers.

You have got be kidding me. If you think Snipers got 'buffed' you've never played one, and aren't paying much attention to those who do.

You sir, should reroll on Hello Kitty Island with that much ignorance.

Ive played this class to level 50. Pvp'ed to level 60+. This takes a lot of time and dedication. Now once ive done this, BW says "ohhhhhhh we're sorry your class is too powerful and we need to gut it because this is not the class we wanted as top dps. Sorry about your bad luck kid. Reroll." Im sure there are others that are fed up with MMO's pulling the carpet our from underneath your class and leave you trying to pick up the pieces.

I for one am not this time. They seriously dont realize the time and effort we put in to gearing up in Battlemaster Eliminator ? Just to have them wreck the only reason to take eliminator in the first place ? Its careless to treat paying customers this way. Im out if 1.2 goes live with this pyro nerf. Anyone else ?

Time... and effort... qeueing up for warzones... and hitting ilum once in a blue moon for a valor farm...

Yeah. sure. :rolleyes:

You have got be kidding me. If you think Snipers got 'buffed' you've never played one, and aren't paying much attention to those who do.

You sir, should reroll on Hello Kitty Island with that much ignorance.

I don't play a Sniper, and have never said that I do. I've also never said that I am a paragon of Sniper knowledge, so I don't mind not knowing that much about the class that I haven't gotten to 50 yet. (Currently working on my Mara and Sin, Sorc and PT are BM)

As for not paying much attention to those who do, it's hard to pay attention to like 5 people. (I kid, I kid!)

I was referring to the healing debuff that they got, though. If I've made a mistake about their other mechanics, sorry for misinformation.

I'll let your childish insult slide for now, as I don't feel like having to get rude atm.

Edited by Varicite

If you'll kindly read this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=370674

and see that our complaint is not the nerf to damage, but a slaughtering of the spec via cutting it's resources by about 50% allowing for only auto attack spam inbetween procs.

This. And Pyro PTs are being nerfed, but other classes that are already way more overpowered (Maurauders, Sorcs and their Republic counterparts) are being BUFFED.

Those two combined, for me, = Unsub.

I don't play a Sniper, and have never said that I do. I've also never said that I am a paragon of Sniper knowledge, so I don't mind not knowing that much about the class that I haven't gotten to 50 yet. (Currently working on my Mara and Sin, Sorc and PT are BM)

As for not paying much attention to those who do, it's hard to pay attention to like 5 people. (I kid, I kid!)

I was referring to the healing debuff that they got, though. If I've made a mistake about their other mechanics, sorry for misinformation.

I'll let your childish insult slide for now, as I don't feel like having to get rude atm.

The mechanics you are referring to is on one ability, Scatter Shot. It is a similar type of debuff that Marauders can do. There were some adjustments to cover that, frankly, was not working as intended which are fixed now. While there were significant changes to the class, as with many classes in 1.2, a big hitter for the Lethality tree, Cull, was nerfed (costs a bit less energy but direct damage was reduced 15%). Siege Bunker, for PvP is not as great as it sounds, while it improves cover defenses in general, it is a non-mobile ability, hence a very dangerous one to employ regularly in PvP where standing still usually means you will have more than one enemy on you. Finally, tier 1 Lethality talent has been reduced to +3% crit from +6% passive crit (as much as a 'nerf' as the healing debuff is a 'buff').

There are other changes, and in my opinion Snipers were brought more towards balance than away from it, but I'd hesitate to call these 'buffs.'

As for the insult, it's a video game forum dude, toughen up!

As for the insult, it's a video game forum dude, toughen up!

I love the internet. Everybody gets equal say, mouth-breathers and respectful people alike.

Varicite admits he's not as well informed as he could be and then tries to avoid confrontation and Poe insults him again. Well played, sir. I'm assuming you know into which category of internet poster you fall.

Edited by ItGetsAllOver

Haha. I have a level 30 Sentinel. It's so crazy good even at this level. And I still don't have like 75% of my good abilities yet. Insane.

I have a lvl 49 mara and I just quit playing him... Its just stupid... Mara players tell you "its the hardest class" its not. You just press more buttons, and don't have to even manage ur defensive cds as u always have one up.... It is just like playing in god-mode...

No offence, but you're contridicting yourself.

Let's be honest here. The entire reason people are complaining that they have to use their default attack is because it does so much less damage. People aren't complaining about having to use rapid shot because they find it aesthetically displeasing.

Quite frankly if you look at ALL the changes in 1.2 as a whole, this seems to be the entire theme behind a lot of the changes. Force healers are complaning they can't chain heal anymore because of the chnages to the HP --> Force Talents. Merc/Commandos complaining about increased heat/ammo costs of healing. Everything seems to be pointing to the fact they want people to use their default attacks more.

Frankly, I think the Sorcs/Sages have the worst off for the situation, simply because their default attack is melee ranged only. Not a place you want a squishy healer to be.

It was needed. Also you must be new to mmo's? Get used to nerfing. Every class will experience it. Pyrotech is a bit crazy atm for merc and pts. Ghosttown on our server is capable of 700k dmg in a voidstar which is about 300-400k more damage than anyone else. If you don't think that's broke then you are dillusional sorry to say. Your class will still be very good when this is fixed don't sweat it to much. No reason to cancel sub lol.

I did actually unsub, i played a 50 PT, V65 as main. PT post 1.2 will only have 1 role to play, and that will be PVE-tank, and that doesnt appeal to me in a game with soulless/boring PVE. Regardless if you try AP/Pyro/shield in pvp there will be another class that can do what you do and do it much better. Sure a good PT player will still be a good player and beat bad players, but as soon as you go up against another good player/op class you will lose.

So you wanna be a pvp-tank? A jug can do it better

So you wanna be a pvp-utility/dps player? Any sith can do it better

So you wanna be a pvp-dps? Gunslingers/maras/juggs/assasins/sages can do it better

So you wanna have a fat burst? Operatives/juggs/assasins can do it better

So you wanna be a WZ-winner? Any healer/pvp-tank/mara/tankassasin can do it better

I can understand the need to reduce our dmg somewhat. However doing that by such a huge amount as in 1.2 it would have to be compensated by giving us some survival tool or team utility. Judging by prevoius nerfs in this game that is unlikely to happen. 3 months of proving unable to balance pvp is what makes me unsub, not this nerf particullary.

It was needed. Also you must be new to mmo's? Get used to nerfing. Every class will experience it. Pyrotech is a bit crazy atm for merc and pts. Ghosttown on our server is capable of 700k dmg in a voidstar which is about 300-400k more damage than anyone else. If you don't think that's broke then you are dillusional sorry to say. Your class will still be very good when this is fixed don't sweat it to much. No reason to cancel sub lol.

And jugs/sages can do close to 1M so whats the problem?

If you played more than a couple of games of WZs, you'd know that damage dealt has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game. Utility, mobility and heals win WZs. Pyrotech PTs have none of the above. So even if we were the ONLY AC that can, when all the stars align, get 700k dmg (which we arent), it is still completely reasonable since there is nothing else that a dps PT can contribute.

If you played more than a couple of games of WZs, you'd know that damage dealt has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game. Utility, mobility and heals win WZs. Pyrotech PTs have none of the above. So even if we were the ONLY AC that can, when all the stars align, get 700k dmg (which we arent), it is still completely reasonable since there is nothing else that a dps PT can contribute.

This. Pyro has NOTHING else to offer besides damage. The only other class which is similar is sniper...and I thought snipers needed a buff to dmg since they have 0 utility. Snipers, pyros, conceal ops SHOULD be doing the most damage. That's all they offer. If they cant burst well why bring them? Every other dps spec in tank trees or healing trees offers something besided just damage...except for sniper and ptech. Why nerf ptech damage? I don't get it.

PvE will still be completely viable. PTS parses still put them in the top 3 DPS specs, so I'll be keeping mine around while tinkering with some alts.

There's only so many times you can clear current content, and I'd like to play outside of just running dailies.

/goodbye to everyone unsubbing.

No offence, but you're contridicting yourself.

Let's be honest here. The entire reason people are complaining that they have to use their default attack is because it does so much less damage. People aren't complaining about having to use rapid shot because they find it aesthetically displeasing.

Quite frankly if you look at ALL the changes in 1.2 as a whole, this seems to be the entire theme behind a lot of the changes. Force healers are complaning they can't chain heal anymore because of the chnages to the HP --> Force Talents. Merc/Commandos complaining about increased heat/ammo costs of healing. Everything seems to be pointing to the fact they want people to use their default attacks more.

Frankly, I think the Sorcs/Sages have the worst off for the situation, simply because their default attack is melee ranged only. Not a place you want a squishy healer to be.

Substantial DPS loss =/= limiting burst potential.

Get a clue.

My question is this. Has anyone from test posted on here about how the PT pyro build is playing out for them? In this thread? If so lets hear what yall think and weather or not this is enough to worry about. Edited by Prenavo

i agree.. i dont think they should ruin the class like that.. its the only good dps spec for a powertech.. and AT LEAST LET PPA WORK OFF INCENDIARY MISSILE OR ANY DOT/CYLINDER like it did before....its got a fire missile just below the talent anyways... dont force us to use cylinders... we should be able to pick what cylinder to use for different occasions