The NEW *INSANE DPS* 1.2 SORC Spec!

Saltydogz

That's it, I am doing a sorc on Freedon Nadd. I just want to see that nerf and coolkids from REAL PVP killing sorcs in 5 seconds myself already. I wanted to see your storyline anyway, and I don't want to do another sage/sorc archetype on my server cause I have only 2 slots for characters left there, and I need to L2P shadow/assasin and vanguard/powertech.

I hope "Kreia" name has't been taken already... ...awww crap.

Edited by Shadenuat

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it, I am doing a sorc on Freedon Nadd. I just want to see that nerf and coolkids from REAL PVP killing sorcs in 5 seconds myself already. I wanted to see your storyline anyway, and I don't want to do another sage/sorc archetype on my server cause I have only 2 slots for characters left there, and I need to L2P shadow/assasin and vanguard/powertech.

I hope "Kreia" name has't been taken already... ...awww crap.

I play on ToFN and you will be surprised at how bad the quality of PvP has gotten. I guess its because of people who do not understand what objective based PvP is...

The first wave of hard core PvP players are gone, I can see the guilds they made are thinning out in numbers.

Edited by Cempa

Yeah, I've already seen some dudes with 900 expertise with a few pieces of unmodded columi gear near PvP terminal. I was a bit sarcastic about my statement above of course, because I am completely sure myself that, the larger the community is, the thinnier it's skill level is spreaded out. On my PvE server, it's basicaly 2 rep PM's VS one solid imp clan, most who PvP are either augmented warhero with valor 80+, or their alts. So you have a lot of experienced players who grinded gear from the old times champion and never quited the game, playing their class and mastering, going on, and on, and on.

Still, my sorceress is level 10 already ^_^

P.S. But at least prices make complete sense. Augments and augmented orange gear for average 50K. Double the cost for my server, lol.

Edited by Shadenuat

I'm normally a healer. I just went dps for a few games to mess around. Dps sorc isn't dead. Ppl said the same thing about healing as well. Sorc is fine. Ppl just need to learn the class better. I went a hybrid spec.

http://i.imgur.com/whmYF.jpg

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZbcrMbMMZcrcRsMkR.1

This was also without the the dps set bonus. I was in healing gear.

Granted though, this is random warzoning. Honestly, I would never go dps sorc when rateds come out.

Edited by Aniliss

-Dps sorc isn't dead.

-Honestly, I would never go dps sorc when rateds come out.

What a pointless post essentially saying; "I do agree but I'm a casual player and since it works vs total noobs I'm fine with it"

What a pointless post essentially saying; "I do agree but I'm a casual player and since it works vs total noobs I'm fine with it"

No because I prefer to heal. Logic is hard I guess? Like I said I was messing around.

Edited by Aniliss

Played from level 16 to 18 on Tomb today through warzones. Aside from quite the number of powertechs (sometimes 3 in my team) it's the same warzones as probably anywhere else. Lot of newbies, lot of frag-lovers, already got a picnic on Civil War with 40+ because "our team was too low level to win" (600-540 and 3 people give up).

They call their left snow, and right grass, you imagine that? Because noone is quite sure where left or right is :D

Already got a top place on Huttball scoring 4 times of 6. Even got some MVP's :D

Right, that's a sorc thread. Well guys, your Shock is just amazing. It's instant, it's untraceable because it looks just like any other lightning attack, it cooks people. IMO, your knockback is better than sages too. It just has a bit more flashy and rapid animation, not like ours clunky jump-on-one-place, and seems to work better for me. Also, lightning sometimes seems too pass columns O_o never noticed my TT doing that. I did from 80 to 190K of damage today, which usually put me in top 3. I am eager to see Tatooine where teams of stunlocking vanishing marauders will kill me and to get my Force Slow. I feel naked without it.

It's the player, not the class and yes I'm 100% serious about this.

Those were some pretty bad sorcs. If a sorc, after seeing mara, does't put a pile of taped coins on strafing button... well he deserves what he will get.

Edited by Shadenuat

They should just remove the worthless class by now- this class went from the most populated to least populated- consider that before 1.2 threads/posts were vastly higher in count on this forum than any other class... and IA and SW were some of the lowest. Now, we're approaching being the least thread/post count, and those that are there are 90% sorcs talking about how much the class sucks/trying to show how to 'beat' other classes (by running away forever since there's no other strat), or mara who are afraid of a nerf coming around to say how awesome sorcs are and that everyone who plays one just sucks while everyone who plays a mara is just amazing and that's why mara seem OP.

By 1.3- sorc forum will be the least popular imperial class forum, as all the sorc subs will have run out by then.

Those were some pretty bad sorcs. If a sorc, after seeing mara, does't put a pile of taped coins on strafing button... well he deserves what he will get.

Okay I'm going to use your quote as my new siggy, is it okay if I attach your name to the quote?

Third agreement. Those sorcs are doing, quite literally, everything wrong. Backing up instead of strafing, Not maximizing up time on dots, not casting while moving (!), trying to maintain about 10 feet of distance instead of 20+ (and failing because they're backing up instead of strafecasting), using force lightning at closer than 25 feet (etc).

One guy even sees a mara and decides to facetank him.

I personally think the companions need a complete redesign, because right now, if you don't use a tanking companion, if you are dps spec, you die, if you use a tank companion, you survive, but have massive downtime, if you have a healer companion, if you are in tank mode, you are virtually invincible, as a dps, you can die if you bite off more then you can chew.

What happend to bioware saying 'you can use whatever companion you enjoy most and you won't be weakened by your choice?? i guess thats been forgotten. lol

Anyway, the spec i am using and having massive downtime due to my so called tank losing health faster then a juggernaut in dps spec, if you can believe that, its the tree on the right, the dot one.

Okay I'm going to use your quote as my new siggy, is it okay if I attach your name to the quote?

I don't mind.

Oh I finally got favorite toys today at level 22: Madness, Death Field and Force Slow. Had so much fun. Not sure if I am going to run around at 20/21 on Tomb, maybe 14/27 would be better for overall damage and I'll leave survivablity to kiting. Not sure how that would affect my force regen though.

Damn so many powertechs running around.

if you use a tank companion, you survive, but have massive downtime,

Why would you have massive downtime? Right click your companion frame and hit "dismiss", then resummon it (takes about a second). Alternatively, mount and instantly dismount again (takes half a second). Both fully restore your companion to full HP and reset all of their cooldowns. Bubble them and send them in for the next pull. Almost no downtime at all.

I can't believe people are qq'ing about sorc dps, when good lightning sorcs crush meters in EC HM, and theoretically madness and hybrid should too even though nobody seems to be. Edited by xenofire

I can't believe people are qq'ing about sorc dps, when good lightning sorcs crush meters in EC HM, and theoretically madness and hybrid should too even though nobody seems to be.

Ya, wait until they remove armor debuff stacking (they stated they are in the process of doing so in a recent FAQ). Lightning's going to take a serious hit there.

Ya, wait until they remove armor debuff stacking (they stated they are in the process of doing so in a recent FAQ). Lightning's going to take a serious hit there.

Nobody will be playing the game anymore by then though....

I stopped playing for about a month before 1.2 came out, just because my other responsibilites were eating up my time. Even as a level 20 Sorcerer, I could own any poor mortal that dared stand in my way. When I came back, I felt like my damage had been halved, and I was getting mauled by anything that targeted me.

While I agree that the Sorcerer class needs a SERIOUS buff at this point (that, or all the other classes are nerfed), I don't think that it is a broken class. A level 50 Sorcerer is still a BAMF, and has the coolest looking abilities in the game, if not the coolest period.

Adapt to your new surroundings, find the spec that works (there is one out there, that I am sure of), and give those Sentinels / Marauders a good whalloping.

Nobody will be playing the game anymore by then though....

People will still play. Its an unintentinal bug in the 1st place anyways. All you will see when they do fix it is posts like "W T F? NINJA NERF MAH DPS?" when sorcs/sages found out the reason they are outdpsing many classes that focus mainly on internal/elemental damage in operations are due to a bug/exploit/glitch.

According to my parser, on my anni marauder the biggest portion (about 34%) of the total damage done by just bleed ticks along which is internal damage. I do come very close to most lightning sorcs in operations when we use 100% armor ignore. (20% armor break debuff x 5). If armor break stacking is fixed and is only capped at -20%... I will see lightning sorcs taking a backseat while many other ACs easily pulling ahead are way less susceptible to such "exploit/bug/glitch fix" (eg. pyrotech/lethalty/anni ect).

Ironically this is exactly how pre1.2 double dipping 1.3sec dark infusion was SOOOO good. That made sorcs way better than others.

Sorcs are balanced on "glitches" ever since the start fix them... sorcs are laughable.

Edited by warultima

When they *fix* the armor debuffs problem, they're going to be in a world of hurt for balance. Right now most classes are fairly balanced in DPS, but when they change it, marauders will soar to the top, while snipers and mercs will take the biggest hits because they are the most armor dependant, and sorcs will also take a nerf.

Consider though that snipers/mercs/other classes will be taking a way bigger hit than sorcs per the armor debuff changes, since sorcs are only ~70% dependant.

They will have to rebalance everything. They've done such a terrible job of bugfixing and generically with balance in the first place, that I don't think they should ever fix the armor debuff issue. Currently it's accidentally providing more balance than they ever intended.