how about a 20min video

edit:

an unedited 20min video

Edited by Rowandiki

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, what I think has happened is that the bads do so little burst that they are actually ignored until their team is dead. Then they get killed. Then they come here and post all their awesome "numbers" and think they are pro.

Really? Really?

I am targeted constantly in Wz's. Not just because I am good, not just because I am geared, but because it's the enemy melee's job to strike us fast and try take us down. We are far too dangerous to be left unattended to.

My damage is fine, I'm not just talking about the endgame scoreboard. My force lightning hits for 900's and over 1000 easily, and you know how fast the ticks are, combine that with crushing darkness, affliction, creeping terror, lightning strikes... oh, and of course.. the 3-4k+ AOE damage from deathfield(oh wait, we have no burst, right?), we melt people like we always have.

You know how I win 1v1's? I keep them away from me, I slow them down, I use LOS. You know what else? I play the game. War zones are not meant to be 1v1. If I'm in a huttball I'm either carrying the ball, or pulling the carrier. If the enemy has it, I'm using all my cc's, slows.. and my baby, creeping terror. With Alderaan, I'm either in mid right in the midst of it, usually the first one there, or I'm guarding a turret by myself.

I'm not sure what it's going to take for you to just move on and adapt, hopefully a reroll. My first character is an IA, maybe that allowed me to not qq over small things. I think you should roll one.

Edited by PutinDoesJudo

Actually, what I think has happened is that the bads do so little burst that they are actually ignored until their team is dead. Then they get killed. Then they come here and post all their awesome "numbers" and think they are pro.

+ other crap, about how he plays tower defence and wonders why his **** gets pushed in

you should be starting your 1v1s against all but stealth classes at 30m. you might have to assign some hot keys to your cc's. clicking those and your dmg keys at the same time will be beyond you.

I see alot of people who are saying that it's the easiest class to play..

Either people don't know you well enough and therefore lets you freecast. That could mean that the server population you have is high and therefore they don't know who you are or that you're just a bad player that makes no lasting impression on others what so ever, again meaning you get to freecast an entire wz. With this you could in theory only put force lightning in slot 1, and spam for high stats :rolleyes:

(stats/medals/votes do not represent how good a class or a player are, but how much free time he or she had on their hand to run around dps/heal everything in sight without really getting focused) - talking from a sorcs point of view.

(taking screenies of a game where you freecasted/free-ran the entire wz does not represent an actual game, only means you are a lucky individual who dont' get focused, either through being an imba class that makes people end up ignoring you because of too much defence cooldowns for example etc etc) - talking from several classes point of view.

Sorcerers.. in essence a glass cannon class that should be able to do alot of dps and/or heals but should go down fast enough if focused.. so people whining about not having a 2 min defence cooldown, light armor, only a 3k bubble just stop, there is a reason for this. On the other hand people whining about a single defence CD like the bubble, you are just a bad player my friend if you can't break a 3k bubble.

(My opinion) Bioware is proving that statistics is more important than actually playing the game themselves and see how a wz game is played out. They didn't have to nerf (buffs to other classes are a nerf aswell) healing as much as they did, but it makes sense that changing fotm classes brings more rerolls/alts so bioware's economists can all enjoy the extra subscription-time it brings.

Only thing that really saddens me, is that bioware now succesfully created the snowball effect that every other mmo has, nerf that, buff that, change fotm, release expansions and "game-breaking patches" to keep interest up, repeat through infinity to gain unlimited subscriptions.

Pantera - Lord Calypho

This confuses me, sorcs were always a free kill on their own.

However in regards to sorcs becoming pointless that is not the case, at the moment you are falling into the Marauder trap that was at live, everyone rolled the same spec so every assumed that marauders were the worst class, later someone got geared and realised anihilation works awesome so everyone else does that then hey look suddenly marauders are broken.

Try something else and remember pvp is a team game, you might not be able to solo the whole team like some could before, but with the right support your not exactly easy pray.

p.s

Rowandiki your screen shots are not going to pull much support as you have more than one healer doing over 300k healing, but it proves my point, you have a good team and your going to do good

Edited by LordKyrone

I enjoy it when the qq'ers say the ingame screenies don't mean anything, but don't offer any evidence of their own, and try to make it out like those who took the screenshots are not getting focussed.

Keep it up, lol. I can start posting 300k damage games in huttball, with highest objective scores as 31madness, if you'd like?

Edited by PutinDoesJudo

I enjoy it when the qq'ers say the ingame screenies don't mean anything, but don't offer any evidence of their own, and try to make it out like those who took the screenshots are not getting focussed.

Keep it up, lol. I can start posting 300k damage games in huttball, with highest objective scores as 31madness, if you'd like?

Go right ahead, still it means nothing.. doesn't matter if there is a 100 pictures of you as "top" player, stats does not equal skill nor does it equal that a class is OP in any way.. could be that you actually play good, or that you have a team that carry you, or what I posted that you just don't get focused like the well-known players do.

Therefore it makes no difference if I start posting "evidence" as you like to call it, who decides what is fact and what is not? not you, not me.

My point is, statistics means nothing and I lol at your narrow point of view.

Do you represent the whole community with your pics? :rolleyes:

superior reaction time, movement & kiting skills are required to be successful as a sorcerer. sadly only a minor part of the non-sorcerer community seems to recognize that.

You Sir, are exactly right.

People would perform FAR better in one-on-one pvp fights as a Sorcerer, if they learned to use ALL the tricks at hand.

Giving people a Death Field as you run straight passed them at Force Speed, something I call the "Top Gun Rush" makes them have to spin around, by which time I am already applying instant Madness > Shock > Affliction > Lightning, and getting ready to give them another > Electrocute.

Fire on the move. Kite em, shock em, bubble re-apply, Force run, Overload (STicky)

Bloody ell mate, you want me to teach you from scratch how to use your Sorc? If you don't know by now you never will!

Pre 1.2 My alt sorc in Orange Daily purple mod gear and Purple auction house mods and implants

Did 398.000 damage 58k heal so i guess you are doing something wrong

Can we all acknowledge that the scale of the game is such that no ONE play style is the best way of doing things? I had one of my 'veteran' pals try to 'help' me like by trying to re-work my particular style of play to match yours. "Well you are doing something wrong." Maybe I'm doing it right? Just differently?

That's why I wrote 'a novel' defining my style of play: well-rounded. Because I play this game for fun, generally solo. I figured it out all on my lonesome, despite this being my first MMO, and I still made War Hero before the patch. I'll say that again: I made War Hero doing it this way.

I've gotten a lot of suggestions from folks (and it's usually good, constructive advice) about PvP. However, it usually involves me giving up on something or trusting someone else will pull up the slack; and that involves me shrugging off responsibilities onto people I don't know (like I said, I play solo) and often being disappointed. On my server, if there's an organized structure to teams, they're not talking to me about it. My server, The Sword of Ajunta Palll, as best I can tell, has about a dozen 'regular' pvp players and we are constantly swapped in and out of the same and opposing teams. And that works for us.

Honestly, if I had seven people I could rely on and discuss strategy with and trust that they'll follow it and not get caught in 4:1 battles in the corners of the Warzone, I'd re-think my approach and I *would* play like you guys who have all that lovely help. So basically, I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

I don't mean to be rude, but honestly guys, stop trying to make me like you. You don't know me. And I don't know you. We're digital acquaintences. I don't pressume to tell you guys you're doing things wrong when you're complaining about your classes. And, like other posters have said, when the Mara's and Jug's are nerfed in 1.3, I'm not going to troll the Jug boards and tell all of you that you should "stop crying and learn to play" cuz that is the furthest thing from helping. :cool:

I wasteed 3 months leveling my sorcerer... Now it is completely useless... Tried to heal a HM with a geared group and I couldnt keep them alive when we should have breezed through as we all had columi gear... You ruined the sorcerers healing is destroyed!!! I cant even respec to dps cuz it's worthless as well!!!! Thanks for nothing 1.2

You Sir, are exactly right.

People would perform FAR better in one-on-one pvp fights as a Sorcerer, if they learned to use ALL the tricks at hand.

Giving people a Death Field as you run straight passed them at Force Speed, something I call the "Top Gun Rush" makes them have to spin around, by which time I am already applying instant Madness > Shock > Affliction > Lightning, and getting ready to give them another > Electrocute.

Fire on the move. Kite em, shock em, bubble re-apply, Force run, Overload (STicky)

Bloody ell mate, you want me to teach you from scratch how to use your Sorc? If you don't know by now you never will!

I like the cut of your jib, sir, and will be subscribing to your newsletter.

I'm not sure what it's going to take for you to just move on and adapt, hopefully a reroll. My first character is an IA, maybe that allowed me to not qq over small things. I think you should roll one.

A friend of mine brought this up on the phone not 20 minutes ago. Death Field is really effective, if your enemies are nice enough to stand there, and if your armor is good enough to keep them there. I'm not an assassin, I have no tank spec, I die quickly. My sorc is (was) a big gun with a glass jaw. As soon as I was noticed, I get killed in about 20-30 seconds. I don't have a double-bladed lightsaber, I can't stealth out of a fight. I'm deadly until I'm noticed, then I die.

I'd like to know if those Sorc's who were allegedly pulling 850k damage per WZ died very often. Sure, if I had back-up like crazy keeping me alive, I could easily pull that kind of damage. A particularly good team obliterated a particularly bad team. So sorry. It wasn't on my server, and I wasn't the Sorc that got you. I've never gotten anywhere NEAR 850k damage in a warzone. Again, because I die so often.

Death Field isn't for everyone's style of play. If you make it work, groovy. It's hardly effective for a Sorc playing hutball on my server. Most sorc spells, as I'm sure you know, require us to hold still.

A previous post made a very good point: If my class of choice (sorcerer, not assassin) keeps changing, I'm going to leave. 30 free days or not.

I'd like to know if those Sorc's who were allegedly pulling 850k damage per WZ died very often. Sure, if I had back-up like crazy keeping me alive, I could easily pull that kind of damage. A particularly good team obliterated a particularly bad team. So sorry. It wasn't on my server, and I wasn't the Sorc that got you. I've never gotten anywhere NEAR 850k damage in a warzone. Again, because I die so often.

The majority of those obscene damage totals came from a Sorcerer of moderate to high skill in a Voidstar filled the remainder with idiots (except maybe a good healer that sticks to the Sorc). They don't target the Sorc, despite the pretty purple streamers. They all cluster on a single door over and over and over again, allowing the Sorc to drop CL after CL after CL (with DF and maybe even Storm mixed in) on 5+ low-Expertise targets. I myself had a Voidstar like that, where the opposing team spent the entire match leghumping the left door, and I could just stand on the far side near the health bonus and drop AoE at will. Hit just over 700k that match.

The majority of those obscene damage totals came from a Sorcerer of moderate to high skill in a Voidstar filled the remainder with idiots (except maybe a good healer that sticks to the Sorc). They don't target the Sorc, despite the pretty purple streamers. They all cluster on a single door over and over and over again, allowing the Sorc to drop CL after CL after CL (with DF and maybe even Storm mixed in) on 5+ low-Expertise targets. I myself had a Voidstar like that, where the opposing team spent the entire match leghumping the left door, and I could just stand on the far side near the health bonus and drop AoE at will. Hit just over 700k that match.

Nice! I considered myself lucky if there were three or four Pubs proximate enough to each other to use Chain Lightning on Voidstar. Generally they're smart enough to not cluster up. I've had a couple rare instances where I was *mostly* untouched, but when that happened, I generally started throwing heals to the more up-close-and-personal guys.

they nerfed our alrdy weak talent tree's..

and didnt scratch our terrible 31 pt talents,

or adress that we are the only class without a 2min~ defensive cooldown for crappy situations

so now:

low single target dmg

low aoe dmg

lowest dmg mitigation

lowest health pools

most fked over class by a terrible resolve system

/thread

Edited by AriTrk

70% of the playerbase was just told their class is now the least wanted choice for pve or pvp.

Mmmm this is what I was hoping for. I'm one of those that likes to play the least popular class but went with sorc for healing, story and to duo lvl with my Jugg friend but was turned off by the inquisikids and the class popularity. I am really happy that most are rerolling so now it's my type of class again. /hipster. Then again least wanted and least popular are not always the same thing. *crossing fingers*

• 1 month later...

Funny thing is, a lot of the people on here are whining about being nerfed for no reason, then saying things like getting over 800k in a WZ, and 70% of people playing them. That seems right to you? Topping damage charts so often and by such a margin that the majority of people want to play them? If "70% of the people were just told" anything about THEIR class, then something is quite likely imbalanced.

I enjoy my sorc, in the 40's now, but I play mine heal spec, so I can't really say I feel the pain either way. I top the charts on heals the majority of the time, and use force storm quite a bit for interrupting on turrets/doors. And don't often see anyone breaking 300k damage, and multiple classes breaking 100k/200k, including sorcs. I'd hate to see wz's with 70% sorcs, the highest ones regularly breaking 500k.

Edited by Orakis

I enjoy my sorc, in the 40's now, but I play mine heal spec, so I can't really say I feel the pain either way. I top the charts on heals the majority of the time, and use force storm quite a bit for interrupting on turrets/doors. And don't often see anyone breaking 300k damage, and multiple classes breaking 100k/200k, including sorcs. I'd hate to see wz's with 70% sorcs, the highest ones regularly breaking 500k.

That's why you don't see anyone break 300k damage.

they nerfed our alrdy weak talent tree's..

and didnt scratch our terrible 31 pt talents,

or adress that we are the only class without a 2min~ defensive cooldown for crappy situations

so now:

low single target dmg

low aoe dmg

lowest dmg mitigation

lowest health pools

most fked over class by a terrible resolve system

low single target dmg FALSE - my dots/force lightning will disagree with you there

low aoe dmg FALSE - my death field will disagree as well

lowest dmg mitigation FALSE - my 20%boosted/ 3second lockout reduction static barrier will disagree

lowest health pools FALSE - my 17k health will disagree as well

most fked over class by a terrible resolve system FALSE - my 31point creeping terror disagrees with you

along with what i said about the mitigation, the healing from parasitism and devour give me a third mitigation tool.

low single target dmg FALSE - my dots/force lightning will disagree with you there

low aoe dmg FALSE - my death field will disagree as well

lowest dmg mitigation FALSE - my 20%boosted/ 3second lockout reduction static barrier will disagree

lowest health pools FALSE - my 17k health will disagree as well

most fked over class by a terrible resolve system FALSE - my 31point creeping terror disagrees with you

Compared to other classes, however, we are. Your DoTs tick for half or less as much as a Mara's. Your Force Lightning ticks for a third or less of the damage of other class fillers. Your Death Field hits decently hard...IF it crits, and it can only be used every 15 seconds (and only hits 3 targets, unlike most other AoE at 5+).

Your static barrier, with boost, gives you a grant total of around 4k absorption every 17 seconds. Outside of that shield, you have the absolute lowest damage mitigation in the game, bar none. Lowest armor, no true defensive/damage-reduction cooldowns, and a very turrety dps style (regardless of your spec) if you want to do anything approaching respectable damage.

17k HP isn't exactly incredible.

As for Creeping Terror, it's a 2-second root. Doesn't do squat against ranged dps or healers, and many melee have ways around it. Beyond that, using Creeping Terror on someone locks you out of using Whirlwind on them (made instacast by the same skill tree) for 18 seconds.

along with what i said about the mitigation, the healing from parasitism and devour give me a third mitigation tool.

Parasitism, with Devour, even if you're maintaining 100% uptime on CT and Affliction and keeping CD on cooldown, will require around 30 seconds to heal you for the amount of damage you'd take from a single Snipe crit. Good luck using that as mitigation.

I'm not saying Sorcs are worthless in PvP, but they certainly are on the weak side, relatively speaking.

Edited by Daellia

Compared to other classes, however, we are. Your DoTs tick for half or less as much as a Mara's.

A marauder has to be in harm's way to apply his dots. A sorc does not.

Your Force Lightning ticks for a third or less of the damage of other class fillers.

An op filler is a big dps loss vs FL.

Your Death Field hits decently hard...IF it crits, and it can only be used every 15 seconds (and only hits 3 targets, unlike most other AoE at 5+).

I agree with this. But I should note that other classes' aoe's are channeled, have delays or have much smaller radiuses and don't do internal damage. I have the sneaking suspicion if this maxed out at 5 (and with deathmarks to boot), sorc damage in the hands of a skilled madness player would start doubling everyone else's.

Your static barrier, with boost, gives you a grant total of around 4k absorption every 17 seconds. Outside of that shield, you have the absolute lowest damage mitigation in the game, bar none. Lowest armor, no true defensive/damage-reduction cooldowns, and a very turrety dps style (regardless of your spec) if you want to do anything approaching respectable damage.

Here's the problem. You're saying the sorc has bad defenses because it takes hits badly.

If you're taking hits as a dps sorc, you're doing it wrong. They might have the worst armor, but they have the best distance creators by a mile. True kiters who know what they're doing aren't common. But if you do face one as a marauder or jugg and you'll see how frustrating an experience this is. Even carnage, which is the antikiting spec, is in a bad place if the sorc mezzes ravage instead of knocking them back (assuming their leap is spent). A sorc's bad armor is more than made up for by them not being in range of the other guy's abilities. And their range creators are spectacular.

And turrety? That's simply not the case. There is one, and only one ability that a madness sorc needs to stand still for in combat (and one you've described as causing less damage than other classes' fillers, so I'm not sure why you think it's so important now). And all you need to do is not use it if you're being actively pursued until you're not being pursued.

As for Creeping Terror, it's a 2-second root. Doesn't do squat against ranged dps or healers, and many melee have ways around it. Beyond that, using Creeping Terror on someone locks you out of using Whirlwind on them (made instacast by the same skill tree) for 18 seconds.

It does plenty against healers. It forces a cleanse, which is a wasted gcd. If they choose not to cleanse, you toss that on with affliction. Use FL until you see the big heal charging and interrupt it. Now you pop your relic, use deathfield and wrath crushing darkness, pop recklessness and throw down two FLs (they won't interrupt you because they'll be focused on how much health they're losing). Healer is hurting bad at this point. If they stay put, they're going to lose the race. If they try to run, CT again to root them. They will almost always break it. Now you electrocute them and finish the job with 2 more FLs and a shock. If they're still not dead (which they will be) you use wrath lightning strike and its over. The only healers that will survive something like this are ops (who will survive by leaving the fight for 15 seconds).

Parasitism, with Devour, even if you're maintaining 100% uptime on CT and Affliction and keeping CD on cooldown, will require around 30 seconds to heal you for the amount of damage you'd take from a single Snipe crit. Good luck using that as mitigation.

Your mitigation is movement, parasitism just helps with having to disengage less.

Unlike other MMO's snares and roots are not affected by Resolve. Melee and 4m - 10m builds have DoT's that re apply the snare each tick and the DoT can be refreshed pretty much the entire fight due to talents. Force Speed is not affected by snares but every player knows its coming so saves pull/stun/charge for it.

DoT / Snare the Sorcerer, wait until his bubble is down and watch his HP drop 1/3rd to half with the next crit.

Here's the problem. You're saying the sorc has bad defenses because it takes hits badly.

If you're taking hits as a dps sorc, you're doing it wrong. They might have the worst armor, but they have the best distance creators by a mile. True kiters who know what they're doing aren't common. But if you do face one as a marauder or jugg and you'll see how frustrating an experience this is. Even carnage, which is the antikiting spec, is in a bad place if the sorc mezzes ravage instead of knocking them back (assuming their leap is spent). A sorc's bad armor is more than made up for by them not being in range of the other guy's abilities. And their range creators are spectacular.

Against an organized burst team, if you're anywhere near the objective, you're going to take hits. If the burst is decently coordinated you should be dead right as your resolve white bars. If not a little before. I'm just shy of 18k health in BM/WH augmented gear. The premade we normally play against has an OP/mara combo that can 100-0 me in a matter of seconds. There is no kiting them.

And turrety? That's simply not the case. There is one, and only one ability that a madness sorc needs to stand still for in combat (and one you've described as causing less damage than other classes' fillers, so I'm not sure why you think it's so important now). And all you need to do is not use it if you're being actively pursued until you're not being pursued.

That's being intellectually dishonest. If you're putting real pressure on anything it's while you're turreting FL. Notice that in your scenario of killing a healer you specifically point out the necessity of plenty of FL casts.

As I mentioned above, with the current TTK there is no active pursuit. A sorc is simply stunlocked to death.

Your mitigation is movement, parasitism just helps with having to disengage less.

Movement away from the objective does provide mitigation. Mitigation of your damage from the objective. As 31 madness your force pool dries up very quickly. If you kite successfully you still need to get out of combat to recharge your force pool. You've been effectively eliminated from the objective for longer than the enemy player you just kited and killed.

Parasitism really only helps give you enough HP feedback to use consumption which you're not using if you're getting focused. Its benefits for extended your in combat longevity against burst setups is laughably bad.