Sorc Healers - 1.2 and YOU

Nikkons

For those fellow Sorc's that PVP versus GOOD players how are you taking the Nerf to PVP healing or do you think the changes help/hurt and why?

So now they are forcing us to use the ****** Dark Heal (*useless*) spell with a reduction from 50% to 30% cost reduction from force bending while not giving dedicated healers any way to further reduce cast time on our main heal Dark Infusion and/or increasing how much they heal.

Do you think the 60% crit on infusion will be worth anything? I highly doubt it makes up for a 1sec cast time reduction along with less of a cost reduction on dark heal from force bending.

{r65 PVP Sorc Healer} - 24/17/0 4 BM + 2 rakata 32%crit, 72% surge 519 healing 450ex

Infusion - Normal heals for 2.5-2.8k, crits for 3.4-5.4k, 4-6k with relics/stims popped

dark Heal - normal 1.1-1.5k, crits for 2-2.5k, never wasted relics on this stupid heal

Innervate - normal 800-900 per tick, crits for 1500-1600 per tick

Resurgance - normal 715 with 320ish ticks , cirts for 1-1.2k with 350-400 per tick

my thoughts:

having no way to reduce the cast time on our main heal from 2.4-2.5 secs makes that wide open for interrupts. Having dark heal cost 5 force less than infusion but heals for half is kind of pointless as spamming it will make you go OOM not to mention being useless for only healing 1.5-2.5k which is one/half of one main attack from BM geared players. I find that dark heal simply doesn't heal enough to outlast any decent dps.

I tend to spam resurgence for 20% armor buff to target along with reducing cast time on infusion/get crits for innervate ticks. When burst innervate ticks provide buffer for burst along with armor buff + bubble to allow time to get main heal off if I don't have the 1.4 sec cast. When its at 2.4secs it tends to either get interrupted or used as a follow up.

I got with that build because its more of a defensive/utility build than straight healing. Though I can't handle healing multiple targets as well, it provides for much more survivability and allows me to disable and disarm a portion of the other team while being in the fray of things as I'm going to be targeted and they are going to burst the bubble multiple times and very few times will a competent team allow you to not be pulled to them/in the middle of them. Go with 20% slow attached to affliction for further control over team to slow them down/help team towards objective along with 6sec increase in time.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There won't be sorc healers.

^

Trying to heal through focus/burst is going to be a pain. Why bring a sorc healer when you can bring a tankier healer like a merc? Without fast heals, the other weaknesses of the Sorc class will start to shine through in high-end PvP.

^

Trying to heal through focus/burst is going to be a pain. Why bring a sorc healer when you can bring a tankier healer like a merc? Without fast heals, the other weaknesses of the Sorc class will start to shine through in high-end PvP.

Since it looks like they also nerfed merc healers, I think their goal is to make sure none of the healing classes is better than the others. In theory, everyone will be on par with scoundrel healers now.

You realise that Scoundrel healers have been forced to rely on a 2s heal as the cornerstone of their rotation all along right? For a considerably smaller heal effect.

Potent heals quicker than the GCD was a bit rediculous, now Sages are on a similar playing field to Sawbones have been all along. Yes, it's going to be a big adjustment but you aren't becoming that much worse than other healers - just worse than you were. Now healers who aren't sages may actually get a decent chance of invites to group content. Previously, if you had two healers of similar skill and gear you'd take the Sage every time.

Since it looks like they also nerfed merc healers, I think their goal is to make sure none of the healing classes is better than the others. In theory, everyone will be on par with scoundrel healers now.

I admit I haven't been paying too much attention to the changes coming for merc. Do they still have the talent that makes their shield also make them immune to pushback and interrupts? That right there would, in my eyes, make them more desirable than a Sorc healer in an organized PvP setting

Sorcs have no defensive cooldowns. They're very good at running away, though. Their strength is in their mobility, which is fine against PUGs, but not so helpful against a coordinated team that won't let you freecast your now longer cast time heal.

I have a VR 75+ Healer and in PvP, I don't really care about any of the changes, why?

- The Changes to Rejuvenates Buff are basically just changes, they don't really affect the overall power of the Buff.

- Changes to Egress: it's still a heavily underpowered skill and just a waste of points. To make me even think about putting any points into it, they either need to make the effect last at least 10 Seconds or they need to make the speed-buff much better, at least triple it...

- Changes to Resplendence: A heavy nerf to Full-Healers in PvP, but Full-Healers aren't that good in PvP anyways, cuz they don't have enough survivability and they lack the incredibly powerful Kinetic Collapse. Full Healers will now be unplayable in PvP imho, but again: I don't really care - they get spiked down easily anyways and the power of the AoE-Heal gets overestimated heavily in PvP; it's just not as good as many ppl think.

The other changes to the DD-Specs are pretty heavy though - you can now no longer play the best DD-Spec in PvP and PvE. This wouldn't be the biggest deal, if they at least made the other specs for DD a bit more viable: Turbulence is still not that good and with the changes to deminishing return of Surge a while ago, it got even worse and no effort was made to make it a more viable single-target DPS-Spell. The Balance-Tree on the other hand still makes no burst-DMG and no real AoE either. Kinda bad, cuz the Sage was the only real Class that made heavy AoE-Dmg to punish players that just balled up like crazy and had bad positioning overall...

IMHO, very unnecessary changes that show me that BW just listened to the whiners that don't know how to play and have no idea how to play a teamgame. Also, BW has no clue how the metagame will evolve when 8-man groups and global-PvP will be available, where we will most likely see a lot of spiked DMG and stuff the whiners complain about (like too strong CC, too many Sorcs etc.) won't be an issue at all, but things like the lack of good Prot-skills or very fast burst-heal (instant or at least under 1 sec casttime) will become a huge issue.

*Edit: Dark Infusion is not a burst-heal, it's to heal up pressure, so it doesn't make a huge change that the casttime is longer if it's cheaper... and the change to Dark Infusion/Benevolence is actually pretty good: besides Rejuvenate and the bubble, it was the fastest skill to heal up Burst-DMG and when healing up burst DMG, you don't care as much about Mana-costs then to simply keep your ally alive, so more krit-chance is pretty decent, since you can't always have some stims or the Reju-Buff active when you heal up spike-DMG.

Edited by kickinhead

I have a VR 75+ Healer and in PvP, I don't really care about any of the changes, why?

- The Changes to Rejuvenates Buff are basically just changes, they don't really affect the overall power of the Buff.

- Changes to Egress: it's still a heavily underpowered skill and just a waste of points. To make me even think about putting any points into it, they either need to make the effect last at least 10 Seconds or they need to make the speed-buff much better, at least triple it...

- Changes to Resplendence: A heavy nerf to Full-Healers in PvP, but Full-Healers aren't that good in PvP anyways, cuz they don't have enough survivability and they lack the incredibly powerful Kinetic Collapse. Full Healers will now be unplayable in PvP imho, but again: I don't really care - they get spiked down easily anyways and the power of the AoE-Heal gets overestimated heavily in PvP; it's just not as good as many ppl think.

The other changes to the DD-Specs are pretty heavy though - you can now no longer play the best DD-Spec in PvP and PvE. This wouldn't be the biggest deal, if they at least made the other specs for DD a bit more viable: Turbulence is still not that good and with the changes to deminishing return of Surge a while ago, it got even worse and no effort was made to make it a more viable single-target DPS-Spell. The Balance-Tree on the other hand still makes no burst-DMG and no real AoE either. Kinda bad, cuz the Sage was the only real Class that made heavy AoE-Dmg to punish players that just balled up like crazy and had bad positioning overall...

Full healers arent that good in pvp? What?

Im 27/12/2 so corruption upto force surge and i dont see how you can even begin to think to heal in a crowded voidstar without it

Do you have some magical regen we dont know about or you just die all the time?

Force bending changes eh, i can live with them even if they dont seem very well thought, but no life tap = you become as useful as an empty potato sack in a minute

For those fellow Sorc's that PVP versus GOOD

Do you think the 60% crit on infusion will be worth anything? I highly doubt it makes up for a 1sec cast time reduction along with less of a cost reduction on dark heal from force bending.

Force Bending no longer unintentionally allows its buff to be applied to more than one healing ability. Its effects have been slightly redesigned. It now increases the critical chance of Dark Heal by 60% and reduces the Force cost of Dark Infusion by 30%.

Please.... learn to read?

Full healers arent that good in pvp? What?

Im 27/12/2 so corruption upto force surge and i dont see how you can even begin to think to heal in a crowded voidstar without it

Do you have some magical regen we dont know about or you just die all the time?

Force bending changes eh, i can live with them even if they dont seem very well thought, but no life tap = you become as useful as an empty potato sack in a minute

Yeah, it seems good cuz ppl don't know how to play. ^^'

Overall, I make about 10-15% less healing (just in numbers) with this spec than with full heal: http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_consular/sage/#::f6ef12e2f2ef3e4fefedef2efe3f2efefefefef2:

But I get a ton of stuns, faster force-speed cooldown etc. and the Kinetic Collapse, which is the best tool of the Sage to heal/prot during spikes (No, I don't spam it around, cuz good spikers will remember which target has the lockdown on the Bubble and just let some ranged-DD remove it and voilà: you have a target that cannot be bubbled for 15+ seconds, which removes any burst-heal the sage can dish out in under a second besides Reju, which basically heals nothing). So you just use it on targets that get spiked and are in real danger of dying, the later you use it and the fewer you use it, the better it gets holding off spikes.

Also, Mental Alacrity is extremely Powerful as a healer: Just use it, use all your relics and stims etc. and you have maximum efficiency on your heals (be sure to have CC-remove rdy though so you don't waste it).

Also, good opponents will make your AoE-heals (that require you to keep standing in it) pretty much useless:

- A sage activates Force-Speed, runs in there and makes AoE-Stun with Force-Wave (with the Force-Wake buff for Stun)

- Assas can pull out players to negate the heal

- Basically any class can dish out AoE, which is about 10 times higher than the slow HoT of the AoE-Heal....

- Switch positions to a position where there is no AoE-heal (like switching sides on Voidstar etc.)

- the AoE-Heal can very easily be Interrupted

- It's very expensive and if you use the "tricks" above, the Sorc spent a lot of Mana for nothing

*Edit: it's really astonishing to me how bad some ppl play, that they just start whining instead of creatively using the huge number of ways they have as a team to deal with certain situations and how bad ppl are at playing together and having good positioning.

I've played Guild Wars on a very high level (which is very similar to SW, cuz it had different maps with different objectives, 8-man groups and similar things to do in order to win) and so much stuff that was used on a very high level is just not utilized in SWTOR and I really wonder why... So many players that think they are good now will get completely destroyed when 8-man global PvP is possible and I really think that the best teams will have a lot of high-ranked ex Guild Wars players in it. If you think about Teamplay, Strategy and thinking out of the box to deal with certain situations as a team, WoW and other MMO's just didn't have the depth of GW, jsut because their PvP was with less than 8 players and mostly simple Deathmatch-scenarios...

Edited by kickinhead

You realise that Scoundrel healers have been forced to rely on a 2s heal as the cornerstone of their rotation all along right? For a considerably smaller heal effect.

This

It's always been depressing that UWM heals for considerably less then DI while also being slower. At least now its on par with the scoundrel/op main heal.

cut

Not sure why you kept mentioning the AoE heal considering in my previous reply i said im 27 corruption... anyhow:

Kinectic Collapse saves you roughly the same as a current free lifetap, actually... or less, considering you actually have to crit a damaging spell

Losing Innervate/Inner trance wich is the most efficent heal we have for a 2min cooldown seems idiotic

Im not really sure what your spec is good for, sure you have the 6s interrupt, bubble blind and 20s force sped, those indeed help with your survivability, but in the trade off you lose LOT of healing just from Innervate alone and gain next to no damage... or do you plan to get off a hardcasted chainlightning? D:

In 1.2 a upto kinectic collapse spec will probably be worth looking into, but right now? I very much doubt that, unless your team's other healers are carrying you or your opponents can only dps you every 2 minutes or so

If you like it and perform well, then good for you, but barging in topic and telling "full pvp heal spec is not that good" is laughable

Not sure why you kept mentioning the AoE heal considering in my previous reply i said im 27 corruption... anyhow:

Kinectic Collapse saves you roughly the same as a current free lifetap, actually... or less, considering you actually have to crit a damaging spell

Losing Innervate/Inner trance wich is the most efficent heal we have for a 2min cooldown seems idiotic

Im not really sure what your spec is good for, sure you have the 6s interrupt, bubble blind and 20s force sped, those indeed help with your survivability, but in the trade off you lose LOT of healing just from Innervate alone and gain next to no damage... or do you plan to get off a hardcasted chainlightning? D:

In 1.2 a upto kinectic collapse spec will probably be worth looking into, but right now? I very much doubt that, unless your team's other healers are carrying you or your opponents can only dps you every 2 minutes or so

If you like it and perform well, then good for you, but barging in topic and telling "full pvp heal spec is not that good" is laughable

Innervate isn't that much more efficient than the other two single-target heals (If you don't have enough points to skill Force Surge, wich I don't), besides, I'm not deciding to get Mental Alacrity instead of Innervate, I'm getting MA cuz you have enough points in the tree anyways and I'd rather get MA than 1 point in wisdom or sth. like that. You could argue getting rid of 2 points in Telekinetic Effusion or 1 point in Blockout and 1 in TE and MA to get to Innervate, but TE and 1-3 Disturbance can really help your mana-managent when you have time to neglect healing for a few seconds.

Well, I don't force you to play the way I play and If you don't see the multiple advantages of the spec I use it's your loss. IMHO, you cannot go into a Warzone without Kinetic collapse, you can either have it on a DD-Sage or a Healer, but honestly, even with another Sage with KC on my team, I'd much rather have the added survivability, mobility and CC of my spec and have two KC if you need to split up your team.

Btw. I'm not arguing with you, play the way you want to play and I play how I think is most efficient. If I've never played another spec though, I'd at least give it a try. Even on a low level, or even much more so, spamming around an exploding bubble is extremely powerful (but as explained in a post before, I don't recommend spamming the bubble against good players, they will use that to their advantage).

One last thing: I've said it in a post before that this spec doesn't heal as efficient as other heal-builds and that I get about 10-15% less heal in Warzones, but it's not all about the numbers! I will think about somehow getting to innervate though, cuz it probably is the best spell thats not instant to heal against spikes, so thanks for that input! ^^

*Edit: Okay, 1 dump-skill you can easily get rid off is convection, so just 1 less in Force-speed and no MA would be okay I guess to get Innervate. But I was really enjoying how well MA worked in PvP as a Healer

*Edit2: To clarify: If I say "Full Heal" I mean going up to at least 31 Points in the Heal tree - I obviously don't deal DMG with my spec, just maybe throw in a few Disturbance to get the reg and the reduced force-cost-buff.

Edited by kickinhead

There won't be sorc healers.

Which is what a majority of players wants..

More so when you think about dual spec on the horizon..

I am so pumped for the sorc/sage healing nerf. They needed it, got it and will clean up the gutters of too many of them.

(this is where you can stomp your feet and say how nobody will get heals anymore and/or you are quitting).

Which is what a majority of players wants..

More so when you think about dual spec on the horizon..

I am so pumped for the sorc/sage healing nerf. They needed it, got it and will clean up the gutters of too many of them.

(this is where you can stomp your feet and say how nobody will get heals anymore and/or you are quitting).

I can tell you with certainty that there will be enough Sage-Healers left, there will be less, but those who don't play Heal anymore cuz of a few nerfs are nothing to be shedding any tears about. Besides that, the Nerf to the DD-Sorc is much more devastating than that to the healers and players whining about Sorc-Healers do it for several reasons, none of them being that the Sorc is OP as a Healer, it's cuz:

- The Sorc is the by far most played Class on IMP-side

- Imps are played more than reps

----> Imps fight a lot of imps

----> Sorc is the Class they encounter the most

----> there are more good Sorc-Healers that stand out (just cuz of the numbers)

---------> the class must be OP

Edited by kickinhead

Potent heals quicker than the GCD was a bit rediculous, now Sages are on a similar playing field to Sawbones have been all along. Yes, it's going to be a big adjustment but you aren't becoming that much worse than other healers - just worse than you were. Now healers who aren't sages may actually get a decent chance of invites to group content. Previously, if you had two healers of similar skill and gear you'd take the Sage every time.

Thats like comparing apples and oranges. I will cast long heals if i get medium armor and a vanish/stealth ability. Dont forget I also want instant cast HoTs (Probes) that give me TAs while I hide. Oh and I want my big heal to be instant and cost only TAs. Its funny how you forgot about those...

This nerf is huge for PvP and the only ppl that say it isnt, clearly don't play a sorcerer. I understand fixing the resurgence double dipping, but *** did they smoke to think the other changes were legit.

Here's some good reasons Corruption - Sorcs will be horrid come 1.2:

• We cant kite.
  • We cant really run (force speed is great but getting stunned when you use it = done).
  • We're not mobile.
  • Consumption screams "kill me, i'll even help you".
  • Our defensive cool-downs are BS compared to any other healer.
  • We enter war-zones wearing toilet paper. (Its convenient because they can wipe after they are done s***ing all over us)
  • Now we can now be EASILY interrupted/shutdown. (casting Dark Infusion -> Interrupt, casting innervate -> knockback/stun, casting dark heal -> OOF -> Dead Sorc that made some bad heals)

I challenge any of you to disprove these points, Bioware devs, anyone. Im really doubtful Ill be brought on any pre-mades as any other healer is a better choice. And no, Im not a baddie, I heal over 500K in a war-zone and am on par with any other good healer on my server.

I'm also really curious what bioware wants sorcs to do. They said they dont like hybrids but were going to have to spec into something weird just to survive when the only saving grace would have been well placed Revivifications...

Its feels like Bioware has told us, we want anyone but you to heal in PvP. **** and go respec deeps...

----> Imps fight a lot of imps

----> Sorc is the Class they encounter the most

----> there are more good Sorc-Healers that stand out (just cuz of the numbers)

---------> the class must be OP

This is accurate, some bads got mad because they found out that its hard for them to kill people when there is a good healer around. Clearly that means that predominate healers must be nerfed into the ground so that nubs can get kills too... <sarcasm>

Edited by dutch-master

^

Noone will play merc healers after patch. BW destroyed the entire skilltree. Your best alternative would be an operative which still will be pretty good.

I posted so many threads about the OP ness of force using healers

Best aoe

Best instant heal (bubble)

Largest nuke heal ingame that due to bug was spamable at reduced cast time

pvp changing percs = pull / nockback / sprint

Another little known perk is the buff / debuff GCD count. Sages use 1 hot in order to apply all relivent buffs to that heal spec.

Using merc / commando as example. They have to use a crappy kolto bomb, an earth shield style move and a weak quick heal in order to apply all relivent buffs before they even get to start putting out decent heal output.

3 gc's before even starting to heal? Horrible!

Sage = hot straight into guaranteed massive quick cast heal nuke. = win

The problem was the other healers HPS is rotation based in order to maintain regen viability. Burning cost them and was often unrewarding

Sages HPS was meant to be limited by force pool, however due to poor designing not only do/did force uses have unlimited pool but had amazing HPS when they chose to burn for no repercussions. Ontop of this the best of every heal.

A skilled player would spam over 8k heals every 1.4 seconds then force sprint los when focused. A good force user never let themselves get focused. and just nuke healed the hell out of everyone.

I made many many threads about all of this. Bioware shut most of them down in order to prevent news about it spreading, but I kept making them.

Now I am glad and smirking so hard to see these few changes that will totally decimate the class :) It all paid off ^^

I can understand people getting upset, but it was a long time coming and totally deserved!

I have one of every kind of healer. I am glad to see my force user not be 10 times more effective

Besides!, whenever I decided to use my sage in a WZ I was more then triplicate any other healer including other people using sage. I was average about 500k healing on my sage in an average quick game. My sage is lvl 40 with 5 points in mana cost so I don't even have access to the sage aoe. Getting 300k + heals is standard once your sage hits level 22! Pretty standard and not hard to do.

But I see so many 150-200k healing players in there it makes me cringe. So with so many bad players about, who really cares about this nerf. It won't even affect the majority.

Edited by Harower

Full healers are not good someone says ?

lol

All I can say stop crying, wait until 1.2 is live and see how the overall balance is doing in pvp with all classes. All this theorycrafting doesnt help.

Edited by BobaFurz

I posted so many threads about the OP ness of force using healers

Best aoe

Best instant heal (bubble)

Largest nuke heal ingame that due to bug was spamable at reduced cast time

pvp changing percs = pull / nockback / sprint

1) AoE-Heal is heavily overrated in Warzones, especially the ones you have to keep standing in for 10 secs to grant a heal that is negated with 1 AoE that can be casted instantly (Force Wave for example)

2) It's mindboggling that ppl don't see how to get rid of that problem with everyone spamming around Bubbles: Search out a target without a bubble, pressure it with 1 Melee/ranged until it gets the bubble, switch target with melees and let a ranged DD get rid of the bubble and you have a target with no bubble and which is unable to receive 1 for 15+ seconds. Besides that, the bubble is no real heal and all your other heals take a long time to cast/channel, so it's always necessary to have a Scoundrel-Healer in your team, cuz he has the best burst-heal in under 1 Second with his instants. So both classes have their place in a well thougt-out Team.

3) It's not all about the numbers you know

4) true, but commandos have much better Armor and scoundrels can go invis etc. Again: No class is better at everything, they all have their pros and cons.

I really don't understand ppl like you whining about a class being imba in a team-game with teams of 8 players, when most BG's don't even have one 4-man-group which is organised. Of course you will think CCs/Stuns of the Sorc is imba if your support doesn't remove it immediately! Of course you think the burst-heal is fine if all players attack different targets and no targets are spiked. Of course you think Sorc-DD is imba if it gets the highest numbers cuz everybody is balling up like crazy. Of course you think the Sorc AoE-heal is OP if ppl just let them stand in it without punishing them for balling up.

I can assure you though, that these things don't matter one bit in a well thought-out team that plays together well. On our server, we often play with more than 4 players on TS, cuz we have so few reps that we get the same players in Warzones all the time anyways, we worry about very different things:

- How can you heal a target that is being spiked with 20+k DMG in under half a Second (and we easily get that number with 4-5 DMg-Dealers), when there is basically no heal you can dish out in that amount of time?

- How can it be possible, that one of the heaviest ranged-DD's cannot be interrupted (Sniper), which is basically the only way to deal with good spikes nowadays besides having 1-2 VERY good Tanks and 2 Very good Healers, which most of the time isn't enough anyways?

- How can certain Melee-Classes have jumps ready all 15 seconds, making it so much harder to sniff out a spike and negating any effect that slowing the movement on them has? This basically makes the heaviest Single-tagret Burst DMG-Dealer (Sentinel by far) to have no drawback at all for being a Melee-class, other than the bubble-stun.

- How can the Assa have a Strike that takes out a healer for 4 Seconds rdy all 15 seconds, which means minus half the heal in every 2nd to 3rd spike?

- How can it be possible for a Class that is very tanky to have hybrid builds that allow them to spike every 5-10 Seconds and heal up everything in between? (I'm talking about hybrid-commandos, 4 of them and you deal insane DMG and need no additional heal and with the reactive shield buff, you can't even be interrupted for the first spike)

I get it: Sorc can be veeeeery annoying and they seem very strong on certain Maps, but in a well thought-out team, you can deal with all that and all the classes and various different specs have their viability, but the things above are actually heavily OP and there is simply no real way to deal with it yet.

Edited by kickinhead

I can understand people getting upset, but it was a long time coming and totally deserved!

No, just no.

I'm doubtful you even have a sorcerer at 50 and even more doubtful you played against anyone that knows their class...

Honestly, you think force speed and a fairly weak 3k bubble that get popped by nearly anyone's burst will save you.

Maybe they are stunned after breaking that bubble, but they get out of that pretty easily. Force Speed? It takes one stun to stop force speed, dead in the water. Then what? Electrocute? careful they will have full resolve....

You can't seriously think you'll be able to fight back. You'll probably dead before anyone can peel them off you. Wait until that tankassin or a concealment op finds you. You are dead and you wont even see it coming. Without a fast cast big heal you are dead before people even realize they should be peeling it off you.

Now they want you to cut your wrist every time you want some force back.

Sorc healers gone from high ranked competitive play. It is looking like adding an extra dps to the team will be better than a healer who is almost useless.

Having a 50 sorc healer and a 50 commando healer I got about the same numbers when running 4man premades on both.

Because of changes in 1.2 the sorc is getting shelved and empire toon will be jug/mar. Also switching commando medic to gunnery or reroll to van tank.

This is just my perspective as a gamer who has been healing for 9 years.

Healing in most game requires the user to process information in a given situation for two key responses. The first response is who should the healer heal first, and in what order should the next several healing targets be. The second response is what combination of healing abilities would be best fitted.

The healing in SWTOR is very dry in terms of spell selection (It's just way too linear). Way too dry for my taste in pve, but in pvp the key in the positioning of the healer makes healing a tad more complex. I fear these changes will further diminish the entertainment and complexity of healing.

These changes are a very serious nerf in a competitive pvp environment. Teams will have dps who focus on a single target. Healing, even currently, can't do much in these situations. Now, Bioware is planning on removing the ability to burst heal. I've never seen this in an MMO before. Healers have always had a way to somehow counter strong tactical burst damage for a small interval of time. This was sometimes in a form of an immunity or cds that greatly increased HPS for a short duration. These counter abilities were needed in these games (regardless of what form it came in). Relics? consumables? The dps have these too.

Bioware should be focusing on making healing less about rotation and more about fitting a combination of spells to a situation. Hopefully more information will be released on stat changes. This might counter the disadvantage that healers will have, but stat changes will not reverse the damage done to what little options seers have in spell selection (or spell combinations) compared to healers in other popular MMO's.

Edited by Awayy

Bioware should be focusing on making healing less about rotation and more about fitting a combination of spells to a situation.

This person said it way better than I did when I said that healing will be crap come 1.2. Thank you for a good post. :D