All good Pvp'ers are ###ed.

Besta

Uhm, PvP should be about competition and skill not whoever has the best gear. Killing undergeared enemies just isn't fun. I can't believe people really enjoy killing undergeared people over and over o_O The most fun and interesting matches are those against equal geared and skilled enemies.

What you described is an fps mmo!while i agree that killing undergeared players is no fun(all video posters might disagree),gear/char progression is one of the reasons some people pick mmorpg over the other kind of mmo's out there!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost level 50 Valor and full Champ gear and I welcome any change that helps even out the playing field!

It's becoming more and moar apparent that people want the disparity in PvP so that they can ROFL stomp the less geared player.

Aside from giving them the PvP armor, this way, they still go through what most of us got and encourages players to delve into PvP knowing gear wont be a HUGE factor. Obviously it still will be, but this makes it easier to close that gap.

Honestly it is pretty easy to get suited up in champ gear right now. If you are in full champ and getting roflstomped by someone in bm gear then id have to say the gear isn't the problem, your lack of skill is.

The diff between champ and bm is fairly minimal and its pretty easy for a fair player in champ to take down a fair player in bm.

I think the change is good because it will stop the whiners from complaining that they keep getting pwned due to gear differences.

Should be fun!

@op its ok dont worry about the carebears, with 2 well geared toons its obvious that you enjoy pvp more and are obviously a better player the self proclaim "skilled" players that obviously spend more time crying on forums than playing. even with full free battlemaster i can see them sucking at rateds and they will just reroll alts again to stay at 10-49 warzones.

Also, most are annoyed because they had to grind their gear, where as now people will get it for free near enough. It's kinda like taking away their reward for so much hard work....... I'm all for equal gear WZ's bioware just need to find a way to reward the people that put in more effort than others. Edited by BenWhitworth

"All good PvPers"

Speak for yourself.

Valor 72, full battlemaster "the hard way" and I welcome the changes. Player vs player should be just that .. not player vs gear.

Good PvP players will love the even playing field to really shine, bad PvPer's will be show up to be gear whoring muppets.

I hate gear grinds in PvP, heck I'm not found of gear grinds in PvE either. Cosmetic *looks cool* stuff should be the rewards for rank / progression. Not stat points. IMO.

Speak the good word my brother. Speak it loud.

On the PTS , you can buy any BM item for 1000 warzone commendations without any valor rank , basicly new lvl 50s will have full BM set in 1st day, cause they can buy it in easy 10-49 bracket

Seriously???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I feel myself used, because i have 2 toons wich are lvls 67-68 valor and i diD A LOT , and spend a lot of time to do it, and in 1.2 you will be able to be full BM in 1 day

GG bioware

Are you new to MMO's?

So um valor rank means nothing cause it was free for 3 FULL DAYS, and then people kill traded for it after that, and still are for that matter. And now they make it based on how many warzones you run and easier to get. What do the base zergers and kill traders do? They cry FOUL, HALT, your diminishing my title that I got naked in the tunnel in Illum.

I call BS on all of you, give us all equal gear easier and we will see who is the "Real PVPer"

If i read correctly, expertise will have diminishing returns as well?

Anyway, this is an RPG not a FPS/TPS...these games were never about "player skill" it was about playing your class smart. They even use to have a "run" option int he older RPG's for when you were up against something you couldnt beat.

If you want to show off how good you are at a game do us a favor, go play CS or something. I hate the fact that now people can just buy BM gear, when working to earn it was all the fun.

Where will the progression be? Some of us dont want an RPS lacking in progression. There was actual progression and a reason to hit that queue button one more time. Now i can just...buy the gear...then what? Theres no guild vs guild, theres no seiges...its just WZ queue, a defunct ilum...and PVE instances....they going to let me buy pve gear so i can hop right into HM ops too? And even then why bother ?

I hate when they easymode these damn games. Happens to every one. All to appeal to players who dont like RPG's.

Expertise has dr now. They will be reduced so higher expertise will have a much bigger impact.

So much wrong with this post.

That's the PVE MMO mentality in pvp in this game. Go grind dungeons and raids for your epics, that's not pvp.....

Bwahaha how the op got blasted by pvpers quickly.

The fact that STATS make a difference is the downfall of mmo pvp. It could be so much better if a dev had the balls to remove the stupid gear grind. The versatile comps/classes/abilities is what makes mmo pvp fun, the gear makes it unbalanced and frustrating....

You can still give new gear for looks and rpg element but not boost stats for equality sake.

Edited by Irishbrewed

I'm with a few other people in that I have had awful luck getting BM tokens from bags so it's not like I'm running around in full BM. I know a couple people who have BM for only a couple weeks (maybe not even two full weeks at that) who have almost the full set, so meh, even having full BM is too rng to really care. Also, a lot of the BM's I've seen on my server just got it mainly from kill trading on Ilum so I'm not buying the whole "I've worked so hard bla bla bla" stuff. To the ones that got it legit, I tip my hat but most of you didn't.

A couple points though I agree with:

1. This will help to alleviate the problem of getting stuck with 11-12k HP team mates who, even if they are decent, have no shot against higher geared guys.

2. As someone who likes to have alts, it makes gearing them much less painful/grindy.

In the end, this is the way of the MMO. The best gear today is just that, for today. The next patch hits and your ub3r gear sucks and it's off to get the new set, just how it goes.

I am so glad I didn't waste my life grinding out BM and just PVPed in my easily obtained Rakatas. Lmao. I played the way that I enjoyed it (and still did great) while all my BM buddies quit from being exhausted of the game.

"All good PvPers"

Speak for yourself.

Valor 72, full battlemaster "the hard way" and I welcome the changes. Player vs player should be just that .. not player vs gear.

Good PvP players will love the even playing field to really shine, bad PvPer's will be show up to be gear whoring muppets.

I hate gear grinds in PvP, heck I'm not found of gear grinds in PvE either. Cosmetic *looks cool* stuff should be the rewards for rank / progression. Not stat points. IMO.

Haha, you said whoring Muppets XD but I agree with this. Only 59.5 valor here (also the "hard way"), and seeing these new 50's who would have put up a good fight of not for crap gear getting even is exciting to me.

Sadly I agree. MMOs just aint what they used to be. I played UO for years, EQ1 for years, DAoC for years. !

Good, because they used to be a colossal waste of time you where you needed to have no personal life outside in order to advance.

On the PTS , you can buy any BM item for 1000 warzone commendations without any valor rank , basicly new lvl 50s will have full BM set in 1st day, cause they can buy it in easy 10-49 bracket

Seriously???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I feel myself used, because i have 2 toons wich are lvls 67-68 valor and i diD A LOT , and spend a lot of time to do it, and in 1.2 you will be able to be full BM in 1 day

GG bioware

all good pvpers won't give a crap about it, skill is skill, not gear

The company wasted these peoples' time, it isn't whining, it's the reality of the situation.

What if tomorrow they put in patch notes that all new characters will start at lvl 50, you're telling me you wouldn't be a little peeved that you had to do the grind, give me a break

Also a true pvper doesn't need bm gear to be a solid player, if you have a little champ gear you can dismantle bad bm players. If you don't have some champ gear by now you really don't pvp much.