All good Pvp'ers are ###ed.

Besta

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's kind of annoying that they are making something I had to put in a lot of effort for so easy to get if that means I don't get stuck with 12k HP team members anymore... I suppose I'll accept the change without complaining too loudly.

"All good PvPers"

Speak for yourself.

Valor 72, full battlemaster "the hard way" and I welcome the changes. Player vs player should be just that .. not player vs gear.

Good PvP players will love the even playing field to really shine, bad PvPer's will be show up to be gear whoring muppets.

I hate gear grinds in PvP, heck I'm not found of gear grinds in PvE either. Cosmetic *looks cool* stuff should be the rewards for rank / progression. Not stat points. IMO.

^

What he siad.

I'm almost level 50 Valor and full Champ gear and I welcome any change that helps even out the playing field!

It's becoming more and moar apparent that people want the disparity in PvP so that they can ROFL stomp the less geared player.

Aside from giving them the PvP armor, this way, they still go through what most of us got and encourages players to delve into PvP knowing gear wont be a HUGE factor. Obviously it still will be, but this makes it easier to close that gap.

Wait. So, 1 piece of BM gear will cost 1000 WZ marks and you're claiming that fresh 50's will earn a set in 1 day? That's a lot of PvP'ing. Am I missing something?

Not really I can get 1000 wz marks in like 15 warzones or so. You typically average about 70-80 or so from each zone you play.

I don't care what gear they are in, i melt the bad players faces now and i will still melt them when they have BM gear. BM gear will make bad players a bit better cuz it makes them a bit harder to kill, BM gear makes good players real good and BM gear makes a great player amazing.

Let them have their gear, then they can't run to the forums and complain they lost/died over gear.

Edited by Badlander

I agree that gear shouldn't be such a big factor and I have no idea why MMOs continue to release with any other mentality only to have to rethink the gear grind anyway.

All a gear grind does is confuse players who are new to PvsP. In my first MMO PvsP rank and gear made a big difference and I was left completely befuzzled by why I would get destroyed by some people that played exactly like some other person that I beat.

After more than a decade of MMOs its painfully apparent to me when I get beat by gear or by skill now. To a new player getting destroyed with no understanding of what they could have done better, or not knowing that they actually can't do anything but take it until the grind is over can completely turn them off to PvsP.

Confusion creates frustration and playing well and getting destroyed by gear is both confusing and frustrating in it's own right.

"All good PvPers"

Speak for yourself.

Valor 72, full battlemaster "the hard way" and I welcome the changes. Player vs player should be just that .. not player vs gear.

Good PvP players will love the even playing field to really shine, bad PvPer's will be show up to be gear whoring muppets.

I hate gear grinds in PvP, heck I'm not found of gear grinds in PvE either. Cosmetic *looks cool* stuff should be the rewards for rank / progression. Not stat points. IMO.

QFE

10char

If i read correctly, expertise will have diminishing returns as well?

Actually I saw a thread where the DR is going to be modified allowing higher levels of pvp bonus which will stop the hybrid gear players (mix BM and Rakata) since expertise will be more desirable. Now if they can only fix the bonus on WH gear and make it more pvp desirable.

Here's the thread - LINK

Edited by Ozzone

You need 1k WZ coms to buy some BM, which means you have to pvp to get the Coms, which means you pvp to get pvp gear. Skill in pvp shouldnt be dictated by time spent, but actual skills. This will also encourage people to level up multiple characters and use them in pvp since getting bm gear is much easier now. I know I want to play a healer, so plan on leveling one up, though been putting it off since right now getting geared takes forever. My second character is almost BM, and I have 3 pieces of champ, rest Cent. THREE.

On the PTS , you can buy any BM item for 1000 warzone commendations without any valor rank.

I dont give a *** about other people having the gear. I busted my *** to get that **** when i could have waited a 2 months, power-leveled and have the same **** inside a week. All that *********** work and now its just easy-mode. Litterally, pvp gear will take an 8th the time to get?

Oh well, gearing alts will be easy I guess. I dont really see to many people working on Columi sets to hard when BM gear will be cake to get...

I dont give a *** about other people having the gear. I busted my *** to get that **** when i could have waited a 2 months, power-leveled and have the same **** inside a week. All that *********** work and now its just easy-mode. Litterally, pvp gear will take an 8th the time to get?

Oh well, gearing alts will be easy I guess. I dont really see to many people working on Columi sets to hard when BM gear will be cake to get...

There are people who share your frustration but this move was needed. IMO expertise should just be removed from the game, gear should not offer any significant advantage. I welcome the level playing field, and it wont effect my play style.

My main concern with the gear changes is smaller than the BM sets. For example, I have centurion gear on my companions. With this gear being removed...will I have a naked companion? lol.

I hear ALOT of talk about everybody having battle master gear, but I dont hear alot of talk about the war hero sets. If your actually a good pvp individual, you should gear quicker than the rest...

i was fine the way it was, oddly.

It really didnt seem that bad to farm 1000:1000 for BM tokens. The valor requirment was not so bad just as long as you kept and eye on it during the leveling process. Try to get to or around 50 by the time you reach 50, no worries.

With all champion gear i had very little issue with BMs to be quit honest and gearing up my toon is....well....fun. I feel good to get new gear.

I dont think gear should be a massive factor, but at the same time I didnt find it all that bad either.

They could just have added Valor rank for all toons on a server with Legacy and allowed players to buy gear based on Valor and not rank, so you could start buying up gear prior to being 50. Just equipable at 50 of course.

I hate the current system, its stupid. I have a semi BMed geared Vanguard, and I have a near 60 sentinel. The amount of matches and time in pvp I put into these guys is huge, yet neither has a full set of BM gear. My Sent is over halfway through 58, with only THREE pieces of champ gear. Thats absurd and stupid. By the time I him BM I should be in full champ. I lose to a lot of people not because I lack skill, but facing a BM geared (with Rakata mixed in for good measure) in my cent/champ armor I lose because of well gear.

Anyway I am happy with this change, I can level up and gear out several characters in BM gear in the time it took my Vanguard to get a few pieces of BM gear.