New 1.2 Ops requires 2 days of Dailys to clear!?

Hey guys - saw this and wanted to clarify. The patch note isn't QUITE precise - sorry for the confusion. Part of the patch note process for PTS is to ensure we're not confusing anyone, so we'll amend.

The item is required to do the new Heroic World Boss "The Nightmare Pilgrim" on Voss. It is NOT required for any of the 1.2 Operation content, nor is he the last boss of that content. The Operation is entirely seperate and does not require any of the items listed to complete on any difficulty level.

To be clear: we do not expect players to run daily quests in order to participate in Operations.

-Cameron

Learn to read dev tracker.

World boss ONLY. Not the Operation bosses.

Eh, I kinda like a keying process(as long as it's not too insane like the guy you kill not dropping the item over and over again) as this adds to things one needs to do at end game. For those who remember EQ think of it like the old Veeshan's Peak keys(with mobs that a max level character could easily kill but you had to kill 10 of them in various locations across the continent) but have the mob always up(with 10-20 minute respawn timer)... Something relatively easy, that can be started even before reaching max level, but not tied into the regular leveling/story arc of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
From the patchnotes there seems to be only one spot in Belsavis where we can get that crystal, that spot will be camped day and night....

Actually, there is not ONE fixed position for it. There is just one active node at a time at different possible locations (see pictures for two examples)

http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/eK6rOngclR.jpg

http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/zCYrf7u7p8.jpg

As you can see from the ingame clock, I managed to find the next node within 12 minutes after harvesting the first one.

It's for this WORLD BOSS, as previously stated by people and Devs so, yeah no need for everyone to go mental :p

Personally I think it's a good idea. This way people wont stupidly just join in on the World Boss fight, they'll just die without the flask.

It's for this WORLD BOSS, as previously stated by people and Devs so, yeah no need for everyone to go mental :p

Personally I think it's a good idea. This way people wont stupidly just join in on the World Boss fight, they'll just die without the flask.

This is only for the world boss Nightmare Pilgrim.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=368844

If you're interested in a complete write up on the boss.

The developers have stated that the information stating the item is required for the last boss of Explosive Content is incorrect and 100% wrong.

One needs the item for Nightmare Pilgrim ONLY!

Edited by Draxxen

• 2 months later...

To the OP, now the new World Boss requires only 1 day of dailies, and if you craft the schematic not even that.

In 1.2 there is a total of 36 daily comms - minus space missions so you can get 50 daily comms with space missions. So if you buy the alphawave inhibitor it's only 30/36 or 30/50 daily comms - not even a full day :D

Not only that but there will always be somebody crafting them. As others have said though the Crystal is for Nightmare Pilgrim. I believe Campaign Boots drop on the boss but it's been so long since I've done him I maybe in error.