1.2 New armor models!

Iwipe

When I look at the new SI PvP set, first thing I thought was:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/september/twilightascendantcouncil2.jpg

I'm sorry, but I am among the many here who will be using custom sets to through the mods into, and I am so very happy they are introducing that function.

Also, I am officially dubbing the new BH Yellow Rated set as the "Wolverine" set. I mean, look at all those "claws" including the 3 on both hands... and it's yellow... Really?

Edited by Kemic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the Maurader gear the same style as the juggrnaught??? That might work with BH since they are all Heavy Armor but the Maurader wears medium and the Jugg is Heavy armor.

Fire the artists this is pathetic and lazy, just adding colors from 1 to the other.

Why is the Maurader gear the same style as the juggrnaught??? That might work with BH since they are all Heavy Armor but the Maurader wears medium and the Jugg is Heavy armor.

Fire the artists this is pathetic and lazy, just adding colors from 1 to the other.

The artists obviously work very hard.

From palette swapping on the war hero sets

to reusing existing low level armors as the new legacy sets

to reusing the existing races rather than making new ones unlock with legacy

These are the hardest working artists in the business bro.

^ lol I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Why is there no difference in the armor like there is now? Like currently you can visually see the difference in Power Tech or Mercenary armor, now everything is the same but different colored?

I was wondering the exact same ****in thing. So ****in stupid, and terrible looking sets pretty much all around. It sucks, because it's only one or two stupid small features on a lot of the sets that take it from being awesome looking to just plain stupid. The Dobby ears on the SW helmet? LOL. EL OH *********** EL!

Edited by Paralassa
content

This is just.... disappointing, I thought I was playing a SW game, not WoW.

The new gear doesn't look bad, but it's doesn't have a SW feel! What's up with all these horns and all that stuff..?

Spending around $200,000,000 on a game with artists like this...

So, they're trying to really make us take out the mods from these armors and get player crafted gear huh by making them look uglier and sillier. Some cool aspects on certain PARTS of some armor, but as a whole... I thought they couldn't do more laughable with the golden C-3PO Iron Man Samurai jedi sent PvP gear but... they did.

I don't want to QQ but can't help it. I'm hoping it looks better in-game...

I like the sorcerer and warrior pvp sets (especially the warrior). The others, wow....just...wow. I'm speechless at how bad these are. If I were to judge who got the better end of the deal, again, it would be Imps (although they all suck too cept the sorc and warrior).

And, what the hell is up with the sage. Seriously, what does BW have against the sage??? They always look so damned pitiful.

Oh my god.

Nearly every Set looks like shxx. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Star Wars. Where is my simple Black Hood as Sith Warrior?

This looks like a goofy Version of the expected result when WoW artdesign mated the Star Wars Look by force.

And the PvP Set of the JUGGERNAUT, the Darth Vadery character ist PINK? Really? When Darth Vader was on his way to a lightsaber duel, he wore his special PINK Suit?

Sorry, this is the worst armor design ever for anything around Star Wars. Even the KOTOR armors were looking much better.

Edited by JujuManiac

I take it you haven't read any of the comics.

No, but I played Kotor 1 and 2 and read several books from the TOR Area and there was never any descritpion of anybdoy with armor attachments that resemble a christmas tree decor or horns and fancy lights on helmets.

There were also never any male Darths in pink armor.

If they rely on comics in all aspects of art design, they shouldn't refer ONLY to the movies in all official statements regarding looks for classes.

No, but I played Kotor 1 and 2 and read several books from the TOR Area and there was never any descritpion of anybdoy with armor attachments that resemble a christmas tree decor or horns and fancy lights on helmets.

Novels tend not to go into a great deal of detail describing gear (slows the pace, and Star Wars should be fast-paced), and KOTOR was limited by the tech of the game engine, and couldn't do very elaborate outfits.

If you want specifics, look at the "Tales of the Jedi" comics series. You will see many very similar outfits, worn by Krath, and people from Onderon, in particular.

You will also see some similar outfits in TCW (e.g. Night Sisters) and even the old "Droids" cartoon.

There were also never any male Darths in pink armor.

If they rely on comics in all aspects of art design, they shouldn't refer ONLY to the movies in all official statements regarding looks for classes.

They have done the movies for design. Short of doing exact copies (and IMO many designs are already too similar) they have to look to other EU sources for inspiration for new stuff.

Edited by FrostyDroid

Heavys with tailcoat-looking skirts....again....omg, poor BHs and troopers. I was hoping designers were done with that style since Tatooine's Corso's companion's chest.

And I'm just curious - what's the actual purpose of that small round hole in front of sage's robe?

Now I'm almost happy as a pve-scoundrel, you know. That head THING from a trailer chanced to be pvp-only. And small skirt is not that killing, at least when you look at troopers. Another-space-cowboy-hat...well, Czerka must have lobbyed some huge contract with BW for that type of gear, so that now we're all doomed and need to wayt untill it's over.

But, hey, PvE sorc can be used as a hat\coat rack, for example - so many convenient hooks!

BW must be on drugs! W.t.f are they smoking there? Who came up witht his???????

They look like ****! Horrible! Is this Champions Online????? WoW???? Where is the Star Wars design???????????????????????????

DO NOT ADD THESE HORRIBLE ARMOUR INTO THE GAME! REMOVE THEM! DELETE THE FILES! JESUS CHRIST! FIRE THE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS WORK!:mad: