Farwell scrappers

Blankchild

Not talking about you in particular.

Survivability is fine, mobility is fine, burst was problematic, sustained damage is there if they get the numbers right. Talents/Abilities have been adjusted to shift damage away from burst towards sustain.

You obviously are not a PvPer. Mobility most certainly is not fine. We are the only melee class with no gap closer.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously are not a PvPer. Mobility most certainly is not fine. We are the only melee class with no gap closer.

lol? I'm a War Hero with full Battlemaster and an alt at valor 50. Unless there's a better way to qualify "PvPer" you are incorrectly discrediting my opinion. Not every class needs a Sprint or Leap. There's a reason why you get a bonus to run speed.

Fix due to feedback. Hmm. Since when they fix due to feedback? they nerfed flechette without any compensation, then they nerfed surge, again no compensation. We have been begging for a gap closer, what do they do? They mix scrapper tree up a bit, move some effects to different places, and increase cd of Shoot First and Back blast. And they call it rebalance? I can understand Shoot First case but why back blast needs to increase cd is beyond me.

I have never seen they actually fix/change anything in PTS patch note when they actually throw it to live.

Im totally disappointed. I guess since Sco popuplation is only 3% and even less for scrappers so they just do not care about what we really need.

Why would they compensate the initial nerf? Scoundrels were overpowered -> class gets nerfed. If you compensate, the class remains overpowered. Maybe try using logic?

Edited by Rogmar

Actually, for Sucker Punch, yes, it's a kind of buff. The damage is 10% less, but the energy cost is 33% less. The burst was lowered a little in exchange for better sustainability. They also increased incentive to go higher up the tree by replacing the weak Turn the Tables with a Sucker Punch/Flying Fists damage boost, so if you're full Scrapper you'll likely get all the Sucker Punch original damage back anyway.

Wrong. Not even close.

Why would they compensate the initial nerf? Scoundrels were overpowered -> class gets nerfed. If you compensate, the class remains overpowered. Maybe try using logic?

It was OP thx to buffs stack + adrenal + relic, and all of those are in PvP. In PvE, the sustain DPS is just meh. The logic is if you dont want a class too bursty, cut down the bursty part and give them more sustain. What did they do? They just cut the bursty part, patch by patch, and did not give any compensate for sustain dmg.

Do you get my point?

I'm feeling seriously down about these changes. If people don't think that just losing 3% Crit chance is a huge nerf then, well, you need to think again. That change alone is about a 2% damage reduction. The changes to Back Blast (and thus also to how often we can apply Flechette) are also a significant nerf to our sustained damage that the 5% increase in damage doesn't even begin to compensate for. The changes to Sucker Punch aren't too bad and I can live with them, it's the others that are real issues.

Most of all, though, I'm gutted that they have done nothing to fix Dirty Fighting beyond giving us an extra 10 energy every 15s - but the changes to the Tier 1 talents completely outweighs that.

Actually, for Sucker Punch, yes, it's a kind of buff. The damage is 10% less, but the energy cost is 33% less. The burst was lowered a little in exchange for better sustainability. They also increased incentive to go higher up the tree by replacing the weak Turn the Tables with a Sucker Punch/Flying Fists damage boost, so if you're full Scrapper you'll likely get all the Sucker Punch original damage back anyway.

I don't really care about the energy cost of an ability that uses 2 ressources of whom the 2. ressouce is way harder to obtain.

In terms of pvp we don't have energy issues because they kick in after 1 min in the fight and at this point we should either be out of combat... or dead due to the lack of defensive.

the tree will be using more energy overall. as it is now on live, backblast is free and flechette is only 10 energy. on pts backblast + flechette will cost you 20 energy. this completely eats up the energy reduction on sucker punch.

it's a net nerf bottom line, and makes for an ungainly pve dps rotation

I don't really care about the energy cost of an ability that uses 2 ressources of whom the 2. ressouce is way harder to obtain.

In terms of pvp we don't have energy issues because they kick in after 1 min in the fight and at this point we should either be out of combat... or dead due to the lack of defensive.

This, I have rarely ever had issues with energy management in PvP. So giving us a little extra energy regeneration or whatever, whilst reducing damage overall really doesn't improve our prospect in PvP.

It's only ever been in PvE where energy becomes problematic. The reason for that being simple. PvP being movement dominated means your attack flow is constantly being 'broken', there are gaps in energy usage. (since most of our large energy usage talent are melee range related)

PvE on the other hand is more the case where you stand still next to a target and can easily run off a long unbroken chain of attacks, depleting energy rapidly.

So yes, I'm not impressed at all by these upcoming changes, (if they are being reported correctly that is),

Devs obviously hate us.

I've just read the patch 1.2 notes on pts and I'm severely disappointed.

I wasn't really hopeful about the changes in 1.2 after seeing Georg's thoughts in darthhater's interview, but I sure never expected to be nerfed again.

You guys at bioware will only realize what the hell you're doing once you've destroyed this class's population entirely!

My play time is ending tomorrow. I will not subscribe for this game for a long time.

Farewell my scrapper and concealment friends. My sympathies with you!

Mangetsu out.

(By the way, someone asked which game we're going to play. I'm going to play WoW until Diablo 3 is on the shelves)

Edited by Mangetsu

Yeah I pretty much have no choice but to quit now and go back to wow until GW2.

I just don't like any other class and the scrapper is completely useless now.

7.5 sec CD on shoot first? FU BW

Edited by Quintan

See ya around man! I'm probably out too... not the whole game yet, but at least from my Scrapper... this class is just way too much of an underdog and with other classes out there that are outperforming us on every level there is zero reason to play this guy anymore... other than the fact that I look like a scruffy nerfherder and pilot a really cool millenium falcon wannabe! Edited by Iboga

lol at the PvE nerf stuff. You can clear nightmare with fresh 50s in your OPS. I know I have. Besides that, you can't claim anything without a combat log.

But I'm fine with people quitting over this. Yes please, go roll a Shadow Tank or something. QQ more. If you seriously thought Back Blast was balanced at 0 energy cost, then you're something pretty strong.

Edited by TheLakers

oohh the crying. :rod_tongue_p:

Scrappers/Ops bursting me down 100%-0% without being able to react is perfectly fine. Yes it is still happening.

nerfs were needed. /end.

On the other forums: "gunslinger" we are having a party :cool:.

if combat logs point out that sustained dmg is crap, buffs will be made.

Edited by Bivaccus

If you seriously thought Back Blast was balanced at 0 energy cost, then you're something pretty strong.

It is balanced at 0 energy.

1)- It's not 0 energy. You always want to Flechette Round it, which costs energy- currently 10, but apparently 15 on test.

2)- You are a shadow or assassin. Your energy pool is like a WoW rogue- you can, with just a few globals, go OOE. It recovers quickly. It is a short duration resource. Scoundrels have a totally different energy scale, one which goes away slowly and takes a very long time to heal back up. Over the course of solo combat, a scoundrel simply presses every move on cooldown. This WILL effect our ability to fight a healer, as it is a large amount of sustained damage we are losing- but the energy cost, and energy in general, is entirely irrelevant versus a tank or dps.

3)- The extra energy costs will crush us during sustained fighting in pvp, an issue that other classes don't seem to have.

oohh the crying. :rod_tongue_p:

Scrappers/Ops bursting me down 100%-0% without being able to react is perfectly fine. Yes it is still happening.

nerfs were needed. /end.

On the other forums: "gunslinger" we are having a party :cool:.

if combat logs point out that sustained dmg is crap, buffs will be made.

QQ more. Just because you're slow to react doesn't mean you can't. That's what Resolve is there for, go home and try that line on people who also know nothing about Scrappers, they'll believe you.