1.2 Patch Notes for us!

Dracosz

Without seeing the specifics of enraged defense I can't say for sure, but to me this looks like an all around nerf to pvp dps rather than a buff, the loss of force alacrity in particular lowers damage in shii cho form by a lot.

Also, marauders have superior smash damage now that they get decimate...

spec for enraged defense is 4 rage cost, 45 second cooldown. When receiving damage you heal for 3% of your health and spend a rage. Effect cannot occur more than once a second.

So with 16000 xp over the full duration you'll heal 4800 hp for 14 rage. It's an ok amount of healing as a reactive heal, but it's going to cut into rage for dps.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spec for enraged defense is 4 rage cost, 45 second cooldown. When receiving damage you heal for 3% of your health and spend a rage. Effect cannot occur more than once a second.

So with 16000 xp over the full duration you'll heal 4800 hp for 14 rage. It's an ok amount of healing as a reactive heal, but it's going to cut into rage for dps.

I figure half way through, just pop enrage. You'll have a 15s offset between the two, but it should work out easily enough to balance. That plus popping into soresu whilst you're being pounded on means it shouldn't be an issue to maintain rage.

I figure half way through, just pop enrage. You'll have a 15s offset between the two, but it should work out easily enough to balance. That plus popping into soresu whilst you're being pounded on means it shouldn't be an issue to maintain rage.

like I said, it will cut into dps since you are now blowing enrage to power the defensive buff instead of using it to power your dps. Further jumping into soresu also cuts into your dps. I can't think of a defensive cooldown that has such a huge cost for the benefit.

Wow. If that new stun proc on the charge affects resolve, then this is just mega-fail.

This.

and

I am currently downloading test client to read the deafening defense changes. Will post tool tip verbatim unless someone beats me to it.

That's pretty weak then, and all they needed to do for vengeance is increase the damage on the dots.

the abilities are nice that they added but removing 3 sec reduction is gonna hurt a lot and for rage spec juggs its gonna really hurt out our dps... 12 sec waiting for smash.... stupid

I don't know how everyone isn't realizing this!

HUGE NERF! ATTENTION! SMASH IS 12 SEC CD!!

What's about Immortal? I do not see any solution to the AE threat problem.

They just gave one single target skill more threat and otherwise they just move some talents in the tree around, seriously?

A talent which decreases inc damage but threat too?

Does BW actually know, that some people want to play this class in PvE?

If this is all, I want a free role for a lvl 50 Assassin.

Edited by Midichlorien

I don't know how everyone isn't realizing this!

HUGE NERF! ATTENTION! SMASH IS 12 SEC CD!!

Not only that, but Choke has a 13 second longer cd while Scream and Push cds are also 3 seconds longer.

And strangely enough, they increased the cd on threatening scream for tank builds.

Edited by Skullbash

And strangely enough, they increased the cd on threatening scream for tank builds.

Haven't noticed this yet. Anybody is able to explain me, what stuff they smoke at BW?

I play MMOs since the release of EQ. I experienced dozens and dozens of patches and nerfes and buffs of classes and I lived with it and often I even accepted them, but this patch is the biggest fail on topic ever.

Edited by Midichlorien

Vengeance

Deafening Defense is now located in Tier 5 of the skill tree. It now increases the Juggernaut's damage reduction while Enraged Defense is active.

Depending on how much the damage reduction is, this could be a buff or a nerf. I doubt its better than the 4% passive damage reduction + reduced cooldown on our AOE stagger.

Rampage now generates 2 points of Rage when it is triggered.

Nice buff, though rage was never a problem with Vengeance, I'm sure this will help a bit with the new Enraged Defense

Single Saber Mastery is no longer restricted to certain stances.

Buff.

Stagger is now located in Tier 1 of the Vengeance skill tree.

Completely rubbish talent since we get crash standard now. Nerf for Vengeance.

Sundering Throw is now located in Tier 6 of the Vengeance skill tree.

Buff.

Verdict: Overall a slight buff to Vengeance, without addressing any of the general concerns about the tree (pathetic dot damage).

Immortal

Battle Cry is now a 2-point skill that provides the same overall effect.

Nice buff.

Crushing Blow now generates 50% additional threat.

Buff.

Force Grip is now located in Tier 4 of the skill tree.

Minor buff.

Force Scream no longer consumes stacks of Revenge while the Battle Cry buff is active.

Bug fix.

Heavy Handed is now a 1-point skill with a slightly reduced overall effect.

Minor Buff.

Quake is now a 3-point skill that provides the same overall effect.

Nerf.

Shield Specialization is now located in Tier 5 of the skill tree.

Minor Nerf

Sonic Barrier is now located in Tier 4 of the skill tree.

Minor buff.

Thrown Gauntlet no longer reduces the cooldown of Threatening Scream and is now located in Tier 5 of the skill tree.

Nerf.

Overall a minor buff to Immortal. Some staple talents are more easily accessible, and there is a bit more threat generation if you go in 31 points. Not really overwhelming.

Rage (Juggernaut)

Decimate is now located in Tier 1 of the Rage skill tree. It increases the damage dealt by Smash and Sweeping Slash and reduces the cooldown of Smash.

Buff for Rage. Nerf for Vengeance.

Dominate is now a 3-point skill with the same overall effect. The effect now lasts 20 seconds (up from 15).

Nerf.

Force Alacrity has been replaced by Overpower, which allows Vicious Slash critical hits to have a chance to refund 2 points of Rage while the Juggernaut is in Shii-Cho Form.

Nerf. The cooldown reduction on Smash is way more useful.

Force Crush's cooldown has been reduced to 18 seconds. Its overall effect is unchanged.

Buff, balanced out by the nerf to the cooldown decrease from Force Alacrity mentioned above.

Gravity now specifically affects Chilling Scream and Force Crush.

Description clarification.

Obliterate now immobilizes the target for 1 second.

Buff.

Ravager now increases the damage of Ravage instead of affecting Force Choke.

Buff.

Relentless Fury has been replaced by Empowering Rage. It requires 2 points in Shockwave and causes Enrage to immediately grant 2 stacks of Shockwave per point.

Nice buff. Will give Rage burst on demand.

Shockwave's buff effects now last 20 seconds (up from 15).

Buff.

Through Passion, a new 2-point skill located in Tier 6, has been added. It reduces the initial activation cost of Enraged Defense by 1 Rage per point.

Buff.

Unbreakable Rage has been removed from the game.

Since Ravage is now standard uninterruptable, buff.

Overall a nice boost to Rage although the 3 seconds longer cooldown on Rage is unfortunate. Overall Rage definitely has received the best buffs from the 3 talent trees. Which in my opinion is a bit weird as it already was the better performing tree in PvP.

All in all I'm glad with the buffs and the new ability. But I can't say I'm standing in awe at the changes to the talent trees. However:

Disruption no longer costs Rage to activate.

Intimidating Roar no longer costs Rage to activate.

Ravage can no longer be interrupted.

Vicious Throw can now be used on targets at or below 30% of maximum health (up from 20%).

Added Crash, a new passive ability granted at level 10 that causes Force Charge to stun the target for 2 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12 seconds.

Added Enraged Defense, a new ability that allows the Juggernaut to spend Rage to lower threat. While active, one point of Rage is spent each time damage is taken to heal the Juggernaut for a small amount. This ability is usable while stunned and is not limited by the global cooldown.

These general class changes are all really good changes, hopefully they will be enough to make us more competitive! I do not like Crash becoming standard though, unless it does not generate resolve.

14/27 Tank spec basically gets patched out, whilst maintaing the fact that immortal is a rather crappy talent tree, especially with regards to aoe threat and dmg (in comparision with assassins for e.g). Mitigation is and was ok enough, no changes here.

Jugger DMG still gimped, all they did was shuffle around some of the talents.

In view of the promises that have been made and all the hype around 1.2, these class changes are probably the largest fail since the initial release. I see 0 progress here.

same they are ignoring key issues we have been bringing up about juggernauts and threat....sad day. well at least the new content is promising..unlike some things.

The "Enraged Defense" sounded good up until I read the fact that it heals you upon being hit but it also lowers threat. While that is cool as additional damage mitigation, I don't like the fact that as a tank, I'll be lowering my threat if I use it.

Maybe its a typo. An ability with the descriptor "enraged" that lowers aggro would be silly.

I don't know why some people get so upset about the changes, I see no nerfs what so ever. Maybe that we no longer get a CD reduction on Smash with the Decimate talent.

BUT, the trees are far more hybrid-spec friendly with all these changes.

Tbh i think we will see an overall dps increase, at-least for PvE juggernauts anyway.

But hey this is what I think, you might have a different point of view.

I don't know why some people get so upset about the changes, I see no nerfs what so ever. Maybe that we no longer get a CD reduction on Smash with the Decimate talent.

BUT, the trees are far more hybrid-spec friendly with all these changes.

Tbh i think we will see an overall dps increase, at-least for PvE juggernauts anyway.

But hey this is what I think, you might have a different point of view.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the DPS side of things. It's more the Immortal tree which hasn't done anything to solve the issues with the class/tree. I'm not sure about others, but I was expecting it to be brought up to the level of the other two tanking classes. Instead there still isn't much of a reason to take a Juggernaut over PT/Sin.

Edited by Aikagi

removal of force alacrity is a nerf, but the real issue is making force crash standard. Force charge is a more-or-less mandatory opener for the Jug, but now we give the target resolve with the move. This is not an improvement over the immobilize at all. Nerf.

I dont get the people that were posting that DPS i still gimp.

Ravage damage was increased, on vengence tree the new talent will give more rage wich = more DPS possibly using finisher we couldnt afford before. Possibly no longer a need to hit assault aswell at all.

Immortals got a straight 6% damage buff with the change to the talent in the first tier of vengence no longer beeing stance centric.

It was a buff across the table. Theres nothing to complain about.

Overall, single target threat is increased, AOE threat, nerf to smash, buff to sweeping.

Biggest change that doesn't really show in patch notes are the changes to Diminishing Returns.

I picked up 6% absorb and lost 4% defense going from Live to PTR. Also lost 2% to hit.

Edited by Grassetblag

same they are ignoring key issues we have been bringing up about juggernauts and threat....sad day. well at least the new content is promising..unlike some things.

It seems to me that Bioware doesn't agree with you, or the rest of the complainers, in regards to Juggernaut threat. I don't agree with any of you, either. If our class actually had an AE Threat problem, it would get addressed. Perhaps it will, just to shut people up.

The real problem is dps players, and their insistence on poor target/ability selection decisions. Neither Bioware, nor anyone else, can really do anything to fix that, unless they make Threat a non-factor. Moving on...

50% more Threat on Crushing Blow...I would rather they had boosted its damage by 50%, yielding the same net result, while giving us a slight dps boost, which I think is needed.

I don't play Vengeance, but it seems to me that it was very slighty nerfed, on paper.

Rage...I will have to see how it actually shakes out, but it looks to me like Rage has been buffed slightly, and giving it a bit of a smoother damage curve.

Immortal has been nerfed, overall, which is odd. I should clarify and say that the way I play Immortal has been nerfed, so I will have to also see how this one shakes out in practice.

I also find it odd that people are glossing over the fact that our execute is now available at 30%, instead of 20%. This puts us on par with Assassins/Shadows, and presumably PT/Vanguards as well.

My only problem with the patch notes thus far is that there is no mention of either Pommel Strike, or Savage Kick. I really wanted these things to become more useful, and in ways that would benefit all 3 specs.

Riôt

Sorry, exactly how does 14/27 get patched out? That actually makes 14/27 even better.

Genuinely curious, here.

Actually you're quite wrong here.

14/27 will not be viable anymore because defeaing defense will only grant defensive bonuses while channelling an aggro-reduce. Now with that talent not viable for tanks anymore, 14/27 lacks way behind with regards to mitigation compared to deep immortal spec and hence has been as good as removed for tanking purposes.

Here are my updated thoughts after looking at the talents on the test server (my friend has the client now).

Vengeance PvP is effectively dead with the decimate move, you lose out on far too much. Maybe if ravager were moved to vengeance the change would be fine, but as is we don't have the talents we need to keep everything knit together like we did in this patch

Rage is strong, contrary to what people are saying the cd on smash and crush are the same as before because decimate lowers the cd on smash enough as well and crush's cd got lowered to 18 seconds by default. Rage also has access to really easy to set up builds now (I'm looking at 2/7/32 or 4/3/34).

The on demand shockwave ticks make up for the longer cd on choke.

The new CD isn't as shiny as I thought, it's a constant drain on resources. As vengeance it's not bad though because the damage reduction is pretty hefty. Almost makes up for that 4% damage reduction loss...

DONT TRAIN CRASH.